Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Beagrie puts it in a nutshell

http://www.skysports.com/experts/expert_story/0,19793,15231_4667945,00.htmlI saw their 2-0 defeat to Reading and they

played a defensive formation with no Arturo Lupolior Wes Hoolahan and

they''re the type of individuals you need if you want to win games. They

are leaving talented players out to go more workmanlike but it''s

difficult to get a foothold on games when you''re defending for long

periods.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]http://www.skysports.com/experts/expert_story/0,19793,15231_4667945,00.html

I saw their 2-0 defeat to Reading and they played a defensive formation with no Arturo Lupolior Wes Hoolahan and they''re the type of individuals you need if you want to win games. They are leaving talented players out to go more workmanlike but it''s difficult to get a foothold on games when you''re defending for long periods.
[/quote]

Did you ever see Beagrie play - the only goals he ever scored were at the foot of the Football League and in his last game he was substituted by a severely overweight Steve Torpey.

I don''t know what he knows about football on Sky but when he was on the pitch it was very, very little.

For all I know he is a wonderful pundit but he was a totally crap player.  In his last seasons he would have made Hartson look athletic.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]http://www.skysports.com/experts/expert_story/0,19793,15231_4667945,00.htmlI saw their 2-0 defeat to Reading and they played a defensive formation with no Arturo Lupolior Wes Hoolahan and they''re the type of individuals you need if you want to win games. They are leaving talented players out to go more workmanlike but it''s difficult to get a foothold on games when you''re defending for long periods.[/quote]

Did you ever see Beagrie play - the only goals he ever scored were at the foot of the Football League and in his last game he was substituted by a severely overweight Steve Torpey.

I don''t know what he knows about football on Sky but when he was on the pitch it was very, very little.

For all I know he is a wonderful pundit but he was a totally crap player.  In his last seasons he would have made Hartson look athletic.

[/quote]Strange how opinions differ, because I always rated Peter Beagrie, he was Bradfords best player in their promotion season and a very good player at Championship level.....Considering he was a left winger, 90 goals in his career with nearly 60 of these being in the top two tiers of football isn''t really bad going...... certainly better than Lee Croft or Wes Hoolohan''s record for Norwich....... its not as goods as Huckerby''s record but then Hucks started off as a striker....Beagrie was 36 when he went to Scunthorpe you know, so the goals he scored in the lower leagues for Scunthorpe where all scored between the age of 36-41........ 36 goals from the left wing in 4 seasons isnt bad going for an old man.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]http://www.skysports.com/experts/expert_story/0,19793,15231_4667945,00.html

I saw their 2-0 defeat to Reading and they played a defensive formation with no Arturo Lupolior Wes Hoolahan and they''re the type of individuals you need if you want to win games. They are leaving talented players out to go more workmanlike but it''s difficult to get a foothold on games when you''re defending for long periods.
[/quote]

[/quote]

What the hell does that have to do with whether he is a decent pundit or not? Leaving aside the fact i also thought Beagrie was useful in his day you sound like Glen Roeder with his "how can they be experts when they have never played or managed in the game" type rants.

Wasn''t Hoolahan injured/ill for that game, or am I mistaken? Other than that, he does have a point... but then so does Cam, he''s a Sky Sports pundit - not exactly someone I''d be looking to for tactical advice in this situation.............

Beagrie was a superb player and certainly not ''crap''.  Never quite made it in the top division but always quality in the 3 leagues below.  Remember him tearing us to bits at Valley Parade about 10 years ago.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Y''mean the ''Peter Beagrie'' who could acrobatically flip (better than Earnshaw) when he scored? I''ve seen him do it a few times as well.....Now, if Hartson ever did that.....it''d measure 8.6 on the richter scale.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Y''mean the ''Peter Beagrie'' who could acrobatically flip (better than Earnshaw) when he scored? I''ve seen him do it a few times as well.....Now, if Hartson ever did that.....it''d measure 8.6 on the richter scale.....

[/quote]

If Hartson ever did it it would be like a remake of "Voyage to the centre of the Earth"[:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If Hartson ever did it it would be like a remake of "Voyage to the centre of the Earth"[:D]

[/quote]

If Hartson ever did it it would be like "The Big Bang part II".

+1

[/quote]

[/quote]

what a load of crock, i mean as mentioned he was bradfords star man in the promotion drive, i also remember him scoring a few corkers in the premiership too.

and by the way do you have to be a great footballer to be a good pundit???

i mean wayne rooney going to be the next alan hansen then? doubt it

At Everton for 5 or 6 years if I remember correctly, also played for England B, was still playing in his 40''s so I guess there can''t be too many players around with that much playing experience under their belt

[quote user="John Boubepo"]At Everton for 5 or 6 years if I remember correctly, also played for England B, was still playing in his 40''s so I guess there can''t be too many players around with that much playing experience under their belt
[/quote]

You''re pretty much right, although he wasn''t always a regular at Goodison and went out on loan at one point.  Played for Man City in the Prem too but saved his best stuff for Bradford and Scunthorpe where I think he''s still a bit of a favourite.  Would have been good for us in his prime.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ive no doubt you are a clever fella, but im starting to think you know less and less about football. Beagrie was class at Bradford and at times superb for everton, how could he have played on till he was 40 if he was over weight and crap?

Yep, sorry to drift off topic before.  Amidst all that, I think Beagrie had a point.