Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

nigel clough

I''ve not seem a side of his play - but I feel its rather ominous that nobody has given him a top flight managerial position before now.

He''s been at Burton a few years now has Nigel in learning his managerial craft. He''s done a consistent and commendable job there - and I do think he''ll also do well at Derby....Let''s just see where they are in relation to us, come May.....

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Thats rather interesting seeing as Forest and Derby enjoy a relationship rather similar to us and the Binners.[/quote]

Yes but the name Clough means just as much to Derby fans as it does Forest fans.

That''s a hell of a gamble for both Clough and Derby, but I can understand why he took it.  Feel really sorry for Burton though.  Hope they keep the momentum going and win promotion.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]He''s been at Burton a few years now has Nigel in learning his managerial craft. He''s done a consistent and commendable job there - and I do think he''ll also do well at Derby....Let''s just see where they are in relation to us, come May.....[/quote]

Yeah he has taken several years to get them to be contenders in that league, but his board suported him all the way through that period, and no reasonable request was ever denied him!  The lure of his Dad''s former club would probably have been the only thing to take him away.  Not sure if he can turn Derby''s season around but should do enough to keep them up. 

Whatever, I think it is an appointment that makes our task that little bit harder, not easier!

glad he been given a chance in the football league as deserved a shot due to work he done at burton albion

but...... i just cant but help he got the derby job because of his surname