Sign in to follow this  
Stevie Wonder

The one's that got away!

Normally when you see some of our transfer targets that we don''t get there is an element of relief. However, I can''t help but notice that some of the players heavily linked with us of late seem to be doing rather well!

Martin Paterson who can''t seem to stop scoring for Burnley (scored against tonight against Spurs). I have to say that I wasn''t too bothered when we missed out on him but he is looking more of a bargain every day.

Alan Gow - by all accounts ready to sign on the dotted line for us in the summer. Done a good job at Blackpool and about to sign for Wolves.

Kevin Macdonald - playing well and scoring goals from midfield for Burnley.

Jack Cork - done very well on loan at Soton and now signed for Watford.

Jason Scotland - can''t stop scoring for Swnsea (inc a goal down here)

Of course, there is nothing to say that they would have been successful here. I''m sure Roeder would have managed to alienate them by now like he has with the likes of Hoolahan & Lupoli! Frustrating to see all the same though.

The fact is that Roeder amongst his many many mistakes has actually made some good signings but our t*at of a manager would make the pope swear such is his ability to piss everyone of and thats why most of the players you mentioned probably wouldn''t work for us while we are saddled with one of the most inept managers I''ve ever seen!

[quote user="astrodyne"]Be careful what you wish for - Dean Windass is supposedly looking for a new club........
[/quote]

About to join Hartlepool though!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]The fact is that Roeder amongst his many many mistakes has actually made some good signings but our t*at of a manager would make the pope swear such is his ability to piss everyone of and thats why most of the players you mentioned probably wouldn''t work for us while we are saddled with one of the most inept managers I''ve ever seen![/quote]

That is exactly it he is very much in credit on the signings front. One or two of the loans haven''t worked out (Henry, Archibald-Henville, Koroma) but the likes of Taylor, Evans, Bertrand, Stefanovic, Clingan, Bell, Lupoli, Sibierski, Lita, Hoolahan are all good players brought to the club by Roeder. Even the likes of Pattison, Camara and Omosuzi have done a job for us. Sadly, Roeder just can''t play them in the right position often enough!

Also Ross Mccormack (sp) linked with us in the summer, Cardiff signed him for 50k i think (even in our budget) and he''s amongst the leading goalscorers in the championship.