Sign in to follow this  
Arturo Lupoli

CANT AFFORD FOR ROEDER TO BE SACKED

Couldn''t stand another 18 months of hearing how the next manager ''Is starting a three year plan'', ''needs more time to build his own team'', ''give him to the next transfer window'' and all the other stock excuses whilst the real culprits for the demise of the playing squad sit back and let the latest stooge absorb all the blame again anyway.

fair enough mate, everyones entitled to one, my opinion is every club Roeder has got his hands on has suffered

the thing with football and fans is that if your in the championship we are all full of hope for the season and that they may win something. a club like norwich so hard to manage with such a huge passionate support who have followed the club for years. norwich had their glory days and that has been the standard that many fans have kept with them but football has changed. IMO.

[quote user="Arturo Lupoli"]we cannot afford for roeder to be sacked so u better get used to it[/quote]

I think you are probably right. But don''t assume he will remain in post if a) his performance in terms of results stay as bad as they are and, b) his bizarre team selection and tactics remain as questionable. because if they do we will certainly be relegated. And (as I have said before) if we are - for the first time ever - Roeder''s managerial career will be well and truly finished. (He can forget about managing premiership clubs - only the most desperate of lower clubs would consider taking the risk he clearly keeps in that chip on his shoulder).

Thus long before the season end, someone somewhere will whisper in his ear that it makes sense to go sooner rather than later. For his sake as much as the club''s. I think even he may listen to that advice. And even managerless, expect our squad "to do a Forest" and tuck away a run of good results.

[quote user="Binky"]

[quote user="Arturo Lupoli"]we cannot afford for roeder to be sacked so u better get used to it[/quote]

I think you are probably right. But don''t assume he will remain in post if a) his performance in terms of results stay as bad as they are and, b) his bizarre team selection and tactics remain as questionable. because if they do we will certainly be relegated. And (as I have said before) if we are - for the first time ever - Roeder''s managerial career will be well and truly finished. (He can forget about managing premiership clubs - only the most desperate of lower clubs would consider taking the risk he clearly keeps in that chip on his shoulder).

Thus long before the season end, someone somewhere will whisper in his ear that it makes sense to go sooner rather than later. For his sake as much as the club''s. I think even he may listen to that advice. And even managerless, expect our squad "to do a Forest" and tuck away a run of good results.

[/quote]He can forget about managing championship clubs,

i''m sure our board are whispering that in his ear right now!

Probable facts -

1, We are not the financially worst of club in the Championship, in fact I''d bet theres quite a few clubs with a smaller budget than ours!

2, Roeder has had funds to spend its just that he hasn''t spent them wisely although he has made some good signings but his poor man management and tactical decisions have nullifyed them!

3, The way things are going with Roeder I think we can''t afford to NOT sack him cause keeping him in charge will lead to more financial hardships like,  relegation together with a fair amount of the 10000 new supporters we''ve acquired in the last 9 years choosing not to renew season tickets!

We cannot afford NOT to sack him Arturo.

Lets stop bleating about money- the squad we have is plenty good enough to be mid table in this league. It''s management they need to survive. We only need a bigger budget to push to go up again, that''s a long way off I''d be happy for a season or two of mid table safety and consolidation first.

When the fans really decide that he should leave then he will go, sacked if needed. No board anywhere would stick with a failing manager with large numbers of fans singing for his head during games. IMO that day is not far off especially if we drift into the bottom three. We need him out as soon as possible before the transfer window is wasted.

Yellow Shirt has got it spot on. The team is plenty good enough on paper to avoid relegation. It''s only Roeders mis-management that has resulted in our terrible league position. 

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Lets stop bleating about money- the squad we have is plenty good enough to be mid table in this league. It''s management they need to survive. We only need a bigger budget to push to go up again, that''s a long way off I''d be happy for a season or two of mid table safety and consolidation first.[/quote]

But money is important, without any money at all there will be no new player/assets to the club, no money to pay wages of the dreaded loans.  The team we have on paper may seem good enough, but games aren''t played on paper are they?  The results and table do not lie, the team simply aren''t consistent or good enough IMO.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

The team we have on paper may seem good enough, but games aren''t played on paper are they?  The results and table do not lie, the team simply aren''t consistent or good enough IMO.

[/quote]

And the buck stops with Roeder 49.

[quote user="Arturo Lupoli"]its only my opinion but this is why so many clubs suffer. i think GR has done a good job considering the limited options he has.[/quote]You must admit that he has done a good job of alienating so many supporters. Next to Billy Davies he is probably the most obnoxious manager we could have got. Feelgood factor is almost non-existent with him at the helm. Dark cloud hanging over the club will persist until he has gone and those who appointed yet another disaster have big responsibility.

The man is unbearable.

I believe that the board are now in a catch 22 situation. They are aware of the results we are getting under Roeder. They will be aware of the growing dis-satisfaction of Roeder among the fans. The fan re-action after the Forrest game will possibly have hurt somewhat. Roeders performance at the AGM will have been noted, as will his comments in the press and susequent responces.

But go back to the last AGM. There was that disturbing cry out to the supporters on the lines of we have taken the club as far as we can so have you lot got any ideas. I think that that is where they are with Glenn Roeder. They don''t actually know what to do for the best. Do they stick their collective heads in the sand and just hope against hope that he some how gets it right. Do they send him packing now, knowing that a new manager in now, or within the next 10 days or so is going to want to change the squad somewhat. Do they risk keeping him and Roeder staying have a detremental effect on season ticket sales. Can they trust themselves to make the right appointment this time round. There must be very real doubts in their minds. 

Whatever they decide about Glenn Roeder in many ways it is going to be a massive gamble. It is going to be a decision that is going to have massive bearings on the future of Norwich City. Hang on too long this time and it may well be too late. 

The reality is relegation could be something Norwich City do not recover from 

[quote user="Arturo Lupoli"]its only my opinion but this is why so many clubs suffer. i think GR has done a good job considering the limited options he has.[/quote]

Your entitled to your opinion but I prefer to give opinions that apply in the real world!

How do Blackpool, Barnsley and Plymouth do better than us then?

Theres no way we''ve got the smallest budget in the Championship!

Roeder out!

cant afford to keep him. Whats the most costly, sacking him or relegation? Delia''s ditherers have got to act now. On the day of his appointment i was gutted. His managerial record is abysmal. How they saw fit to appoint the nasty man will always be beyond me.