Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Bring back Worthy!

Okay, so the grass isn''t always greener...

As much as I wanted NW to go 2 years ago, I so wish he was in charge now. This situation is exactly the same as when he took over back in 2001, and with hindsight, he did not deserve our very OTT and unfair protests.

So here goes, in my desperation to see NCFC climb above the mighty Blackpool, Barnsley and Burnley in the league table- let''s start a bring back Worthy campaign!

Who''s with me?!

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

Okay, so the grass isn''t always greener...

As much as I wanted NW to go 2 years ago, I so wish he was in charge now. This situation is exactly the same as when he took over back in 2001, and with hindsight, he did not deserve our very OTT and unfair protests.

So here goes, in my desperation to see NCFC climb above the mighty Blackpool, Barnsley and Burnley in the league table- let''s start a bring back Worthy campaign!

Who''s with me?!

[/quote]

You''ll have the Northern Ireland fans on your side.  For some reason, they think he''s ****** useless.[+o(]

I suggest your launch your campaign on their boards.

Don''t think it would be a wise move (for either party) but it could work in the short-term.

Worthy''s departure seemed the right move 2 years ago, but then our expectations were considerably higher. Having tasted the high-life we wanted to sustain it.

ironically, the 2 best players this season - GD & LC - were both NW buys!

Now we only hope and pray to survive.

Both his successors are failures but at least PG had the humility to admit it. If the board think PG set us back they''ve seen nothing yet!

Meanwhile, since i started watching NCFC in 1972, i can''t think of a manager i have despised more than GR.

His contempt for his own players and the fans and his general incompetence (in the transfer/loan market, team selection etc) beggars belief.

With our relegation rivals showing signs of revival I fear the current incumbent clown could be the first manager in my lifetime to relegate us to the 3rd tier.

p.s. bang goes my new year resolution not to post...

Ah people have such selective and fickle memories, don''t they...Have you forgotten that one of the major reasons for wishing Worthy to leave was his disastrous transfer policy in his final years - Andy Hughes, Carl Robinson, Peter Thorne... and his refusal to substitute players who clearly weren''t working (AH in particular)... and that both Gary Doherty and Lee Croft were considered to be awful players who didn''t deserve to wear the shirt... and that he had lost the dressing room and couldn''t motivate the players to perform.Any of this sound familiar? The grass isn''t always greener, no, but sometimes its exactly the same colour.  It would be a change for the sake of change and yet another disruption to our already disastrous season.The club needs cash, maybe you''d be better off organising a petition to force every tax-paying member of the Norfolk public to donate some....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Ah people have such selective and fickle memories, don''t they...Have you forgotten that one of the major reasons for wishing Worthy to leave was his disastrous transfer policy in his final years - Andy Hughes, Carl Robinson, Peter Thorne... and his refusal to substitute players who clearly weren''t working (AH in particular)... and that both Gary Doherty and Lee Croft were considered to be awful players who didn''t deserve to wear the shirt... and that he had lost the dressing room and couldn''t motivate the players to perform.Any of this sound familiar? The grass isn''t always greener, no, but sometimes its exactly the same colour.  It would be a change for the sake of change and yet another disruption to our already disastrous season.The club needs cash, maybe you''d be better off organising a petition to force every tax-paying member of the Norfolk public to donate some....[/quote]I don''t think it would be change for the sake of change, more like change for the sake of keeping us in the Championship. I think it''d be unfair to expect Worthy to come in and work another miracle in our current financial climate. Also, we''re all angry at Roeder for his lack of ability to be personable, his stubbornness and his lack of charisma, but these were all accusations levelled at Worthington during the later days of his time in charge. There are enough good candidates out of work at the moment that we could wipe the slate clean and give a new man the chance to make something happen. With a good enough manager, you can get out of this division without a great deal of cash - when they won the Championship title, the most Reading had spent on any single player was £1m on Lita from Bristol City.

Guys, don''t take this post too seriously!

I know that this would never ever happen. But you have to admit that he would be a strong candidate in a hypothetical world. The club is in an identical position to what it was when he toom over in 2001, and as seen at Leicester, he knows how to save a club from division 1 relegation.

It would never happen, but god, he''d be a hell of a lot better than Roeder.

[quote user="Dicky"]

Should never have got rid of him in the first place. Look what''s happened since.

[/quote]

pretty much what happened when he was here.. he was out of his depth, like the current manager, he signed players no one else wanted, like the current manager, he spouted crap in after game interviews... like the current manager.. do you see a patttern emerging here dicky?

jas :)

I think you also have to say that he was responsible for the current abyss in terms of ''home-grown'' talent - a source that we used to rely on to survive financially and field a team of our own.

My Dad saw him in London over Christmas and had a chat in some shop (he was apparently buying wine).

Think he has a soft spot for NCFC still!

Love to see those white socks on the side line again!

Oh I forgot also I saw Steve Foley in Colchester Christmas Eve too! He could come back to (and his wife)!

I think that that ship has sailed. Perhaps it should encourage us to think twice before thinking that the solution is always easy?