Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

What would your advice to Birmingham City fans be to this quote from David Sullivan?

See the link for an article about Brum investing in undersoil heating in response to fans complaints about Saturday''s postponement!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/7813385.stm

The key quote is

"In the past we have allocated all funds to bringing in players to achieve promotion or maintain Premier League status," said Sullivan. "But supporters want to see things happening off the pitch as well as on it, and we will find the balance needed to do this."

I have a feeling that most of you guys would point to our current situation and tell them to change his mind!!

david gold was on the radio and question was put across "why didnt you install undersoil heating?" his reply "we had the option few seasons ago in the premier league the cost would have been around half a millions pounds and instead we decided to purchase a player with the money"

ridiclous how forest green can get a game on in the area but not birmingham.

[quote user="shefcanary"]

See the link for an article about Brum investing in undersoil heating in response to fans complaints about Saturday''s postponement!

The key quote is

"In the past we have allocated all funds to bringing in players to achieve promotion or maintain Premier League status," said Sullivan. "But supporters want to see things happening off the pitch as well as on it, and we will find the balance needed to do this."

I have a feeling that most of you guys would point to our current situation and tell them to change his mind!!

[/quote]

I did crack a wry grin when I read this earlier I thought this bit was the key though

"But supporters want to see things happening off the pitch as well as on it, and we will find the balance needed to do this."

[quote user="Darren Butt-Head"]No, there''s a difference between under soil heating, to prevent a screwed up Saturday and a hotel.
[/quote]

We didn''t pay for the hotel, the hotel was paid for by the Holiday Inn chain, who bought the land from us.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[quote user="Darren Butt-Head"]No, there''s a difference between under soil heating, to prevent a screwed up Saturday and a hotel.
[/quote]

We didn''t pay for the hotel, the hotel was paid for by the Holiday Inn chain, who bought the land from us.

[/quote]

The Holiday Inn chain pay us a dividend.  Is it more profitable than a corner stand would be? Dont know, doubt it long term...

The key quote is

[/quote]

Not really a good example to use is it considering Birmingham are 3rd in the league and stand a good chance of playing in the premiership next season. I''d take the odd postponement for there league position any day of the week.

I am amazed that they didn''t have undersoil heating anyway. I actually thought it was requirement to play in the premier league that you had undersoil heating. I know Chase finally installed it after a couple of high profile FA Cup games were postponed in the late 80''s/early 90''s which cost us some Match of the Day money as they were due to have our games as one of the main matches on the highlights show.

On a slightly different thread but pretty relevant is the uncertainty before the go ahead City''s game at Charlton last Saturday.

We were told in the pub at lunchtime that there was a danger that it wouldn''t go ahead which we thought was strange as Charlton had been in the Premiership for many years until recently.

Isn''t undersoil heating compulsory in the Premier League? If it isn''t it should be as the clubs can''t say they''re strapped for cash.....

[quote user="The Prisoner"][quote user="Matt Juler"]Yes, the hotel will provide us with income...[/quote]

Will it?
[/quote]

Came in handy the other day when I went up and no buy back tickets!

Room 507 please!!

The key quote is

[/quote]Depends upon your priorities really. Short term or long term. Deferred gratification anyone?