Sign in to follow this  
Jonnyboy

Sibierski has joined on a free

Basically what it says in the title.

On the Wigan Offical Website

What does everyone think of that? Surely he''s wages are quite high??

Not on either official website yet, just Vital Wigan.

Another kick in the teeth for Hucks who done more last season in a poor year by his standards than what Sibierski has done this year!

I hope Sibierski has taken a substantial wage cut to come here cause the money I''ve heard he was on was outragous and he hasn''t been worth a quarter of that!

IF he has taken a wage cut, and the fact it is a free transfer then it''s not a bad signing for us. I still think he has something to offer us, IF he is played as a CAM and not ST

If (and in his case its a big if) he can stay fit, I believe that he and Lupoli could be the combination to get us to safety, although I still think that Sibi would do a better job in his proper position of midfield.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]We need bodies in the squad but we also need bodies who are up to the job and from what I''ve seen of Sibierski he certainly isn''t![/quote]Sibierski is only a ''body'' in the cadaver sense... I''ve seen more life in the Earlham cemetery. For a ''target man'', how often does he actually win headers against centre-backs? Could be a long, hard second half of the season with him ''leading'' the line... I despair.

How accurate is FM09??

Hopefully not that much as I seem to think he was on around the £20k a week mark on that...

Maybe now he is a full team member he will kick start his career with us.................

Or then again.....

Coelho, I have mentioned this already, he is NOT a target man and is not a player who can "lead the line", he is a fantastic signing if he gets played behind the strikers. His short passing and long range shots is what we need to get out of him. He is better making runs into the box to exploit his heading ability, rather than posing as a target to aim for.

Buck your ideas up Glenn and play him in his correct position PLEASE

is this a joke? if not why are they letting Roeder waste money on his wages, Roeder thinks Lupoli is too lightweight well Sibierski definitely is, what a joke!

When he came on against Forest he completely changed the game. We looked toothless before, and forced two goals after. He''s been injured for most of his time so far. Maybe Lupoli will play more now he has a partner up front. Lita was great but was normally up front on his own. Perhaps that is the reason Lupoli hasn''t had a game recently? He can''t play the lone striker role and Sibierski has been out injured. More likely than Roeder having an irrational hatred of him..

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Coelho, I have mentioned this already, he is NOT a target man and is not a player who can "lead the line", he is a fantastic signing if he gets played behind the strikers. His short passing and long range shots is what we need to get out of him. He is better making runs into the box to exploit his heading ability, rather than posing as a target to aim for.

Buck your ideas up Glenn and play him in his correct position PLEASE[/quote]I saw him play lots of times for Newcastle and Man City, and I know he''s more of a creative attacking midfield/forward player traditionally, but clearly Glenn hasn''t signed him for that. The guy''s way past his (pretty average) best, and from what I''ve seen of him in a City shirt he''s only been marginally better than Peter Thorne. Terrible signing, and I dread to think how much of our fragile wage budget he will be eating up...

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]When he came on against Forest he completely changed the game. We looked toothless before, and forced two goals after. He''s been injured for most of his time so far.
Maybe Lupoli will play more now he has a partner up front. Lita was great but was normally up front on his own.
Perhaps that is the reason Lupoli hasn''t had a game recently? He can''t play the lone striker role and Sibierski has been out injured. More likely than Roeder having an irrational hatred of him..
[/quote]

really? i dont think it is

Also been reported on the MEN website, look at the bottom of this story:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/wigan_athletic/s/1088497_latics_close_on_colombian_striker

We''ll be paying all his wages now he will need to improve a lot to be worth it. Carl Moore again?

Hmm.

Like everyone, I don''t think he''s done enough to justify being signed permanently, and I don''t altogether think that''s his fault. Yes, he''s not worked hard enough but equally I think Sibi could do a job in a team that utilises his abilities more. We don''t do that.

Bad signing, IMO.

[quote user="Beauseant"]If (and in his case its a big if) he can stay fit, I believe that he and Lupoli could be the combination to get us to safety, although I still think that Sibi would do a better job in his proper position of midfield.[/quote]

I agree with this Mr B. Sounds as though they have worked quite well together in the limited match time that they have had tp form any kind of understanding. 

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="we8wba"]

is this the end of carl cort then?

[/quote]

no not at all. but it might be the end of wolves when sibs smashes a hattrick past you in a few weeks time

[/quote]

HAHAHAHA!

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="we8wba"]

is this the end of carl cort then?

[/quote]

no not at all. but it might be the end of wolves when sibs smashes a hattrick past you in a few weeks time

[/quote]Im sorry but not even I can begin to believe that.

I''m guessing we''ve probably signed him til the end of the season with a one year option, basically the same as keeping him on loan, but as he was out of contract in the summer and worthless, we might as well take full ownership of him now.

[quote user="we are rubbish"]2009 the year of the troll,sod off we8wba[/quote]

i have said i will depart when carl cort scores 5 goals  -  the thread on "not football" forum and was written before he first kicked ball for you