Sign in to follow this  
"6 ft 2, eyes are blue Duncan Forbes is after you"

Chris Eagle v Croft or Burnley v City

Currently watching the Cup Semi on the Telly.

It is plan to see why Burnley are at the other end of the table to us. Eagle proved his skill against us earlier in the season and constantly shows why he is so good. His movement in between two defenders and pinpoint cross for the goal was superb and was also a sequence of play I have yet to have seen from Croft in what is over 100 appearences now.

It shows what a poor side we have now that Croft manages to look quite good amongst his fellow Canaries. Eagle did cost another 300K but it was obviously money well spent.   

Fair play to Burnley - they look a good side and would probably not need to bring in too many new players were they to get promoted. Manager has got his tactics right as well. He is an impressive manager andan example of why there are good young managers out there if you look hard enough rather than just go for the usual suspects.Although I am a Roeder outer is also only fair to point out that 2 of their other good players in Paterson (14 goals this season now) and Macdonald (scored their winner v Arsenal) are players we were linked with in the summer and I suspect Roeder may have wanted to sign but obviously with the budget we had we were not able to compete with Burnley and their 10,000 crowds!

Croft was £600k, eagles was £1.2m. So that''s the difference. I don''t think the 2 are miles apart to be fair. The difference is that they have Wade Elliot down the other wing who is a fantastic player and one who i think either came from the youth, or came fairly cheap from a less reputable league. We need a few of them gambles to go right, and then the less risky, more expensive signings will gel in brilliantly, like they have for Burnley

Was about to post a comment on Burnleys success but you beat me to it!

How much more money than us have little Burnley who get under half our crowds got then us!

I believe they may have more money than us but what they also possess is a manager that can get the best out of his players and spends the budget wisely!

Roederout! 

[quote user="TomSlisz"]

Well burnley did sell Lafferty for about 3 mil so they could spend money in the summer

[/quote]

Yeah, but we''d probably spent £2.5 million on the LSE land loan.....and worth every penny....

Lol - slight turnaround there. Having said that does not change the fact that Burnley have done well this season and did look very good in the first 45 minutes!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Lol - slight turnaround there. Having said that does not change the fact that Burnley have done well this season and did look very good in the first 45 minutes![/quote]We''ve looked good away from home for the occasional 45 minutes.

So the other day this same fella started a thread about Elliott Ward and how he scores goals followed by a snipe at Lee Croft. And now he starts a thread about Chris Eagles and once again has a snipe at Lee Croft.

[quote user="Largey"]One Burnley player looked real class - Wade Elliott.[/quote]We were linked with him last year as he was in his last year of his last deal, but we didn''t take the plunge and he renewed his deal. I''d have been gutted had Lee Croft not come on as much as he has done, one of our top 3 players along with Clingan and Marshall defs. I remember he''s set up a ridiculous amount of goals last season. Burnley do real well with 2 direct wingers, 3 strong yet technically apt centre midfielders and a good outlet in Paterson up top, with options to partner him if it all gets too much. A good model to base how championship football can be played effectively on a budget.If hoolahan can do what eagles does, and Croft what elliot does, and a little more faith is shown in Lupoli, we could be just as good if not better than Burnley going forward, as we have a decent midfield trio in Pattison, Rusty and Clingan, (even Fozzy on his day). I think we just need another Natural Centre Back, and some more height in the engine room and we''d have a good team going. Oh how i miss Dion tho, so unbelievebly useful to us, both going forward and Defending.

I would not get too excited about Burnley''s "stars". Burnley have to sell players to survive, I would not be too surprised to see a couple of the names above leaving this month.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]I would not get too excited about Burnley''s "stars". Burnley have to sell players to survive, I would not be too surprised to see a couple of the names above leaving this month.[/quote]

No one from Burnley will be sold! They do not have to sell and may even invest to secure their playoff place!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Largey"]One Burnley player looked real class - Wade Elliott.[/quote]

We were linked with him last year as he was in his last year of his last deal, but we didn''t take the plunge and he renewed his deal. I''d have been gutted had Lee Croft not come on as much as he has done, one of our top 3 players along with Clingan and Marshall defs. I remember he''s set up a ridiculous amount of goals last season. Burnley do real well with 2 direct wingers, 3 strong yet technically apt centre midfielders and a good outlet in Paterson up top, with options to partner him if it all gets too much. A good model to base how championship football can be played effectively on a budget.

If hoolahan can do what eagles does, and Croft what elliot does, and a little more faith is shown in Lupoli, we could be just as good if not better than Burnley going forward, as we have a decent midfield trio in Pattison, Rusty and Clingan, (even Fozzy on his day). I think we just need another Natural Centre Back, and some more height in the engine room and we''d have a good team going. Oh how i miss Dion tho, so unbelievebly useful to us, both going forward and Defending.
[/quote]

The problem is Hoolahan is no Eagles, Croft is no Elliott! and how you can say Pattison, Rusty and Fotheringham are ''decent'' is beyond me!

Oh and Roeder certinally is no Owen Coyle! 

[quote user="TomSlisz"]

Well burnley did sell Lafferty for about 3 mil so they could spend money in the summer

[/quote]

norwich have spent more money than burnley in the last three windows FACT

norwich did have a better squad than the burnley three windows ago FACT

where did it all go wrong? yes board not the best but burnley done it on same budget!

is it the managers? but then you question if two got it wrong then will the 3rd?

[quote user="TomSlisz"]

[/quote]

Yes and NCFC have sold Ashton,Earnshaw, Lewis and Shackell. When do you want me to  stop?.