Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Can You take much more of this?

Hi all

For those of you who don''t know I''m a season ticket holder. I''ve been a ticket holder in the Upper Barclay now ever since the new Jarrold Stand was built and the tickets for the Barclay went on sale.

Yes I got to see half of the promotion season and the Prem league saga. Then its all been down hill, ok some good moments I know, but poor league positions, new managers, lack of cash etc.. have all brought there fair share of dome and gloom.

I know, what you''re all saying, keep the faith, don''t worry, I try like most of you every home game, love the day, build myself up that we can beat these boys from Doncaster, Swansea, Barnsley, even in the past Cholchester and Southend!

Yet we don''t, we struggle, we sell out 24K+ fans and the team play as if they are cold and wet on a sunday afternoon on a freezing cold pitch at some school playing field with no-one there but their dad to watch! And they get paid between £5K-£20K a WEEK to do it!

Its a hard task, I understand that us NCFC fans are like Engalnd fans and have come to expect better, I watch the fans of Doncaster the other day and thought to myself just how pleased they must be just to play Norwich with a Sellout crowd!
Not that long ago they would have been playing Peterbourgh or similar with aound 2,000 fans! They think they have hit the jackpot just playing us!

My big question is this, with money tighter than ever, and three+ seasons now of doom and gloom, how much more can you take? March is rapidly approaching and I must admit the thought of £360 again to watch this rubbish does not appeal to me. I like to meet the people at the match and my mate I sit next to, but the rest is often too much to bare. Is it really part of the fun to sit in a cold seat in December watching us get beat by a bottom 3 side? Watching the team look like they couldn''t be bothered, and would rather be in-doors eating the last of the cheese and bisciuts with their glass of port! And with their wages what a bl**dy good bottle(s) of port that would be!

Anyway .... I''ve two Months yet, surely the club know this and know the situation we are in, surely theres a plan to save us from a relegation fight and obtain funds from a mystery source? (form past seasons I doubt it)

God help us if not!

Lets face it when we sacked Grant we took what seemed months to pick the new manager, ''we must get it right, this time''. is what the board all said! Where as other clubs that sack the manager almost appoint someone new straight away!
Did we get it right or should we have really sacked the board as well? or instead?

Cheers All.

I agree with you Koimatsuba. There is not much more to get excited about. I for one am getting sick and tired of the whole thing. I''m actually starting to think that relegation would open the eyes of everyone and it would give our youth a chance. I don''t want the club to be relegated... but it would get rid of Roeder and give us a fresh start. I''m sick and tired of that man!

I can''t take it much longer either, they''ve come to take us for granted and that''s not a good thing either. If the crowd don''t show up, the pressure''s on the board AND the team.

I have similar feelings Fleck. I am beginning to think the only way to sort the team out, get a suitable manager and to work from the top to start with when it comes to rebuilding, would be to get relegated. There is no way our better players in Croft for example would take a 50% wage cut with clubs like Sheff Utd round the corner who would probably offer him more, yet we simply cannot afford to let players go.

Sadly I can''t see us sorting this mess out in this league... the manager is naive, doesn''t know the league, we haven''t the money to survive here much longer and the players have very little passion and need a good reality check. But I for one do not want to see us drop to league one... however if it begins to sort the mess out and rebuild for a bigger future then maybe that is something I could deal with.

Cheers for the replies so far, I didn''t think I was alone with my opinions.

Are you renewing? Waiting to see the next two months? Or made you mind up already?

Cheers