Sign in to follow this  
Ren

Should I go to the cup replay or not?

Following on from the thread about renewing seaon tickets I have been giving next Tuesdays game a lot of thought.

I only live 2 miles from CR and have a home season ticket and try to get to at least 50% of our away games, I am really not sure that I can be bothered with this game (I went to the away game and lets be honest it was not great - like the recent home league game).

At the moment £15 and giving up an evening of my time all seems to much for the club (I cant belive I am thinking like this, I cant remember the last time I missed a home game in 24 years without a really good reason (wedding, family birthday party or funeral etc!!!).

This is how low this club as sunk and to think we will prob not even get to the 3rd round next year.

What are other posters thoughts and intentions for this game?  I understand it is not exactly selling well!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Same as with the season ticket. Buy one if you want to. Spend the money on something else if you don''t.

[/quote]

That is point Nigel I cant make up my mind, which as I have said is odd for me where NCFC home games are concerned!

[quote user="Ren"]

Following on from the thread about renewing seaon tickets I have been giving next Tuesdays game a lot of thought.

I only live 2 miles from CR and have a home season ticket and try to get to at least 50% of our away games, I am really not sure that I can be bothered with this game (I went to the away game and lets be honest it was not great - like the recent home league game).

At the moment £15 and giving up an evening of my time all seems to much for the club (I cant belive I am thinking like this, I cant remember the last time I missed a home game in 24 years without a really good reason (wedding, family birthday party or funeral etc!!!).

This is how low this club as sunk and to think we will prob not even get to the 3rd round next year.

What are other posters thoughts and intentions for this game?  I understand it is not exactly selling well!

Then I feel you have answered your own question, I will be there,(If Doctors Permitting), off to Papworth tomorrow for another angiogram, to see if another bypass can be done, but tickets and transport arranged for the match, Yes I''m a diehard all weather fan and will always support the team in Yellow   

[/quote]

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Ren"]

Then I feel you have answered your own question, I will be there,(If Doctors Permitting), off to Papworth tomorrow for another angiogram, to see if another bypass can be done, but tickets and transport arranged for the match, Yes I''m a diehard all weather fan and will always support the team in Yellow   

[/quote][/quote]

Best of luck with the angiogram Pete. Don''t suppose watching City does too much for the old ticker! Hope all goes well, mate[Y]

Well I can''t help you make up your mind. It''s an individual choice. I wouldn''t miss it for the world. A cup replay, under lights and Carrow Road can be amazing. The last one against Blackpool in 2007 was well worth the money. Mind you Bury away last year was pants. One of my favourites was 1/4 final replay against West Ham in 1989. Usually a big crowd and a good atmosphere. The spirit of the FA Cup remains alive at Carra.

Not sure how I have answered my own question Pete and I used to consider my self as a die hard all weather fan, but this season is proving a real struggle for me.

Oh and good luck with you Doctors visit!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote][/quote]

Best of luck with the angiogram Pete. Don''t suppose watching City does too much for the old ticker! Hope all goes well, mate[Y]

[/quote]

Thanks a lot, you are right though, my family are worried when i go to Carrow road, they keep phoneing me all the time, I never answer the phone though as my ringtone is OTBC,however my GP is in the Jarrold and we wave to eachother lol   

[quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

Your loyalty isn''t in doubt - you''re obviously a committed fan.  But its not the most attractive game on the calendar.  Its the third time we''ve played them in a few weeks, there isn''t an attractive tie awaiting us in Round 4, money is tight, and if it is half as cold as it is now then it will certainly put people off.  I suspect if it was a league game you wouldn''t be in any doubt, but despite what many say, the cup really doesn''t have that magic anymore.  Perhaps its worth it just to see the 59 shirts!

If you''re not sure, hold tight for a bit, cause I''m sure there will still be tickets on sale close to the night (unless the kids have snapped them up already).

[quote user="JJ"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

Your loyalty isn''t in doubt - you''re obviously a committed fan.  But its not the most attractive game on the calendar.  Its the third time we''ve played them in a few weeks, there isn''t an attractive tie awaiting us in Round 4, money is tight, and if it is half as cold as it is now then it will certainly put people off.  I suspect if it was a league game you wouldn''t be in any doubt, but despite what many say, the cup really doesn''t have that magic anymore.  Perhaps its worth it just to see the 59 shirts!

If you''re not sure, hold tight for a bit, cause I''m sure there will still be tickets on sale close to the night (unless the kids have snapped them up already).

[/quote]

I have to be there no matter what the weather, I try to go to a few away matches where ever possible, call me a nug if you like but Norwich city is my life I hate close season or when we have an International break,I have arranged my visit to Papworth to fit in with an away match as I can''t drive for for up to seven days after the op No one can or should be blamed for not going. but I live in hope that we will get it right soon  

[quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

go

I''m going. Had to sell on my away cup tickets cos I had the flu, so haven''t quite had my fill of the delightful Charlton yet. Also can''t cope with the idea of some spotty Herbert paying a quid to sit in MY seat. As to the game - what can I say- hope springs eternal!!

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]I''m going. Had to sell on my away cup tickets cos I had the flu, so haven''t quite had my fill of the delightful Charlton yet. Also can''t cope with the idea of some spotty Herbert paying a quid to sit in MY seat. As to the game - what can I say- hope springs eternal!![/quote]

I knew there was some other reason for me to go.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

I have to be there no matter what the weather, I try to go to a few away matches where ever possible, call me a nug if you like but Norwich city is my life I hate close season or when we have an International break,I have arranged my visit to Papworth to fit in with an away match as I can''t drive for for up to seven days after the op No one can or should be blamed for not going. but I live in hope that we will get it right soon  

[/quote]

Good effort.  I hope its worth all your hassle.  For what its worth, I probably won''t go, but if it means an enthusiastic kiddie gets my seat for £1 then I''m more than happy.  The future generations have to start somewhere (although possibly not in the Snakepit mind...)

glove 1- £15 well spent i would say.

despite the fact that I detest Smith and her yes men and what Roeder is doing to this once great club, it is still a night out! (with the distinct possibility of yet another "to me to you" argument in E Block. Bring it on!

[quote user="nip it in the bud"]

Ill be going if we beat sheffield united this tuesday in order to cheer norwich on to get them in 4th round

But we wont be beating sheff utd

So i wont be going :)

[/quote]

Doubt if we''ll be beating Sheff Utd on Tuesday.