Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

1959 City football kit looks very good.

I assume that City will wear the classic ''59 strip again next week for the Charlton Cup replay? Am I alone in preferring the black shorts and old design of shirt to the current strip? I much prefer this design.

I agree, i much prefer to the current strip.It may be a bit "Watford" like, but what we have now is rather bland (and curse those that designed that kit), and the 59 kit at least installs a little bit of pride to our fans (cos we all know thats something we have been severely lacking of late. Our club has been an embarrassment if anything).

I don''t think it''s you Phil E.

To be fair there was already a thread covering this topic a few days back, and there were quite a few comments about the old kit on there.

I personally prefer the 59''ers kit to the modern one, look smarter and cleaner without all the sponsors and names all over it.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I don''t think it''s you Phil E.

To be fair there was already a thread covering this topic a few days back, and there were quite a few comments about the old kit on there.

I personally prefer the 59''ers kit to the modern one, look smarter and cleaner without all the sponsors and names all over it.

[/quote]

Fair enough, We Are Yellows.

Don''t take it so personally!! Unless you''re on a wind up?

I just noticed you only left 8 minutes after making this post before assuming that no one would reply so you decided to respond by saying how no one answers your threads!

It was best viewed against a snow covered pitch and with a sherbet fountain in your hand, a coconut button in your mouth and a carton of Vimto between your knees. Just btb, in the mid 1960s the team played in black shorts I think for one season because the green ones "faded" to quickly. The fans objected and miraculously a new supplier was found for the next season. Then Ron Saunders attempted to change the strip to black shorts back in ''71. He actually said he didn''t want players in his squad who were not proud "to wear the black and gold". Again the fans got vocal (and unlike some managers) he backed down very quickly.