I have to say, reading through this message board and the RoederOut website, the hatred just oozes from some of the postings. Passion for our club and team yes, criticism of players, the manager, board yes. But the amount of bile and hatred poured forth on here is just horrible. And it was the same with Worthington and Grant. They too were ''destroying'' our club and had to go. And when Roeder is driven out, the next manager will be accused of just the same, with just the same hatred, a few months down the line. This isn''t an opinion on Roeder either way - that''s for other threads.

Is this what we follow football for? It reminds me of the 80s when passion spills over into something much more ugly.

Totally agree, maybe it''s always been like this but it seems different, more poisonous ever since we were promoted. Admittedly I felt that Chase was destroying the club, maybe I was just young....

[quote user="Amarillo"]

I have to say, reading through this message board and the RoederOut website, the hatred just oozes from some of the postings. Passion for our club and team yes, criticism of players, the manager, board yes. But the amount of bile and hatred poured forth on here is just horrible. And it was the same with Worthington and Grant. They too were ''destroying'' our club and had to go. And when Roeder is driven out, the next manager will be accused of just the same, with just the same hatred, a few months down the line. This isn''t an opinion on Roeder either way - that''s for other threads.

Is this what we follow football for? It reminds me of the 80s when passion spills over into something much more ugly.

[/quote]

I am very lucky.  My clubs are Colchester United and Lincoln City.

[quote user="Amarillo"]

[/quote]

A sensible, even-handed opinion and one that I agree with; but as the late Bill Shankly once said: "Football isn''t a matter of life or death, it''s much more important than that."

It''s not hatred i feel it''s anger and frustration at the clubs and the boards failings, some have suggested they hate Delia and Roeder and maybe thats a bit strong but passion is a funny thing!

[quote user="Amarillo"]

[/quote]

I was interested to read in this morning''s Guardian that the average "life" of a football manager these days is 18 months, which is no time at all to develop a team. Unfortunately we live in an era of instant gratification where our needs have to met immediately or our attention moves elsewhere,and the grass is, of course, always greener on the other side. Regardless of my thoughts on Roeder (and I''m not a fan), I feel that this is one of the main factors distorting the game for the worse.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]There are some very aggressive, very abusive types on this Forum, i wonder if they are like that in real life?[/quote]

Wanna come outside and say that pal?![:D]

[quote user="Amarillo"]

[/quote]

What utter rubbish.As City fans i think we are the most patient and laid back supporters around and that''s why the Board gets away with the rubbish we put out week in and week out. Our lot would''ve been given the boot years ago at almost any other club.

Sorry mate but this is Football not ballet and its the nature of the beast, I''m sure they''re all big enough, old enough and ugly enough to deal with, especially when they all make a tidy little sum out of it.

[quote user="Amarillo"]

[/quote]

I''m no great fan of Roeder and especially not the board, but there''s a lot of truth in what you say.  Tends to be more aggressive on here than at the actual matches though (at least where I''ve been sitting).

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Amarillo"]

[/quote]

What utter rubbish.As City fans i think we are the most patient and laid back supporters around and that''s why the Board gets away with the rubbish we put out week in and week out. Our lot would''ve been given the boot years ago at almost any other club.

Sorry mate but this is Football not ballet and its the nature of the beast, I''m sure they''re all big enough, old enough and ugly enough to deal with, especially when they all make a tidy little sum out of it.

[/quote]

You obviously don''t understand the OP''s point. They are talking about this MB and the RoederOut website, not the silent masses at Carrow Rd. Seems like some FMs bottle up the hatred and bile during the games until they can release it on here.

Ah, but Amarillo doesn''t have to read the threads that upset him so, does he.

I don''t see the problem with expressing opinions on this site, it people want to spit bile on here, then it''s within their rights, it''s the same throughout most of life and typical of English people that at the time they will say nothing, stiff upper lip and all, but the anonymous nature of a message board makes it easy to say whatever you want.

Also his comparison to the 80s is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Ah, but Amarillo doesn''t have to read the threads that upset him so, does he.

I don''t see the problem with expressing opinions on this site, it people want to spit bile on here, then it''s within their rights, it''s the same throughout most of life and typical of English people that at the time they will say nothing, stiff upper lip and all, but the anonymous nature of a message board makes it easy to say whatever you want.

Also his comparison to the 80s is, quite frankly, ridiculous.[/quote]I don''t think

Amarillo is disputing the posters'' right to say what they feel, I think he may just be saying that it doesn''t make for pleasent reading. I imagine he reads the posts for the same reason I do: because he is genuinely interested in what people''s opinions are, but he finds the more radical sentiments a bit distasteful. [+o(]

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Amarillo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You obviously don''t understand the OP''s point. They are talking about this MB and the RoederOut website, not the silent masses at Carrow Rd. Seems like some FMs bottle up the hatred and bile during the games until they can release it on here.

[/quote]

Oh come on, its hardly giving anyone nightmares is it. Don''t read it or move to a monastery if its hard to stomach but i think its slightly ott to complain about a message board called the ''Pink''un'' that has terms and conditions.

[quote user="Amarillo"]

I have to say, reading through this message board and the RoederOut website,

[/quote]

Didn''t know there was a Roeder out website, where is it and who''s brainchild is that?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arturo - just because in comparison to other clubs we are perhaps less extreme does not mean that the point is not valid about football in general.  Football is a form of entertainment, and while it is followed passionately by its fans, the vitreol and hatred that is banded around is clearly not in proportion to the ''crimes'' Roeder et al are guilty of.  This kind of attitude leads (some) to real crimes such as the vandalism, threats, and abuse suffered by countless hate figures of the past and present (Mike Ashley, Sol Campbell, Robert Chase).  The fact (IMO) is that the extremity of this hateful behaviour is directly proportionate to the lack of perspective (and therefore intelligence) possessed by the individuals who engage in it.  We all get a little carried away and want to voice our frustrations ocassionally, but to have organised groups and websites devoted to it is not productive and just encourages negative and ugly behaviour. 

People say its the nature of football, and to some extent I agree.  You will never take away spontaneous and passionate outbursts, but where it is ''premeditated'' it just doesnt sit right with me.  It just sounds like a bunch of disgruntled, unhappy individuals finding an outlet for their dissatisfaction with their lives.

[quote user="Libbra Lives"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Amarillo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arturo - just because in comparison to other clubs we are perhaps less extreme does not mean that the point is not valid about football in general.  Football is a form of entertainment, and while it is followed passionately by its fans, the vitreol and hatred that is banded around is clearly not in proportion to the ''crimes'' Roeder et al are guilty of.  This kind of attitude leads (some) to real crimes such as the vandalism, threats, and abuse suffered by countless hate figures of the past and present (Mike Ashley, Sol Campbell, Robert Chase).  The fact (IMO) is that the extremity of this hateful behaviour is directly proportionate to the lack of perspective (and therefore intelligence) possessed by the individuals who engage in it.  We all get a little carried away and want to voice our frustrations ocassionally, but to have organised groups and websites devoted to it is not productive and just encourages negative and ugly behaviour. 

People say its the nature of football, and to some extent I agree.  You will never take away spontaneous and passionate outbursts, but where it is ''premeditated'' it just doesnt sit right with me.  It just sounds like a bunch of disgruntled, unhappy individuals finding an outlet for their dissatisfaction with their lives.

[/quote]

Spot on, can''t see why Football managers and owners should be the target for so much hate when, in reality, they are involved with a small part of our lives. Others (politicians, bankers, company directors) have ruined people''s lives to a far greater extent but you don''t see their cars getting egged or spat on.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is this rubbish? what do you base this on Arthur? Somewhere, sometime probably during the Chase out days something changed in some fans relationship to the club. DS & MWJ played on this with a degree of buttering up the wonderful support which was successful in boasting gates by something like 10k but this was with a cost of leaving some fans with a delusional sense of the clubs importance and their entitlement as fans.

There is nothing laid back about some of the threads on this board. There is nothing patient about many of the posters here. Sure football has always been a mans game & now the rewards for playing are ridiculous as Cullum found out when he had his look only to discover clubs being financed for the benefit of the players & manager.

The point you ignore is that much of the comment sounds like the whining of pre-school children & has much the same intellectual substance.

[quote user="beejinz"]

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]There are some very aggressive, very abusive types on this Forum, i wonder if they are like that in real life?[/quote]

Dormice, probably

[/quote]

That''s what I think [:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="beejinz"]

Dormice, probably

[/quote]

[/quote]

And you''re a big brave Tiger......"Meow!"

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="beejinz"]

Dormice, probably

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ever seen a tiger with a fishing rod....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="beejinz"]

Dormice, probably

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Only one without floppy wrists....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="beejinz"]

Dormice, probably

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you ever ''forget yourself'' and slip into warrior mode when you go out[:^)]

I thoroughly agree with your original post Amarillo, it''s absolutely unneccesary.  This is a bloke who is paid well to try to get the best results he can within the constraints we have.  It was never going to be easy from the position he inherited, ironically he had better results from the squad he inherited last season than the one he has started to build this season.  It''s the results and league position that will determine his success or failure, and they are the only criteria that matter.Whether fans think he is arrogant, or has offended their feelings is is irrelevant - As Adam Aiken said in his piece the other day, if you get the results you can be as arrogant as you like.  There is a certain type of person these days that gets conveniently upset about the smallest of things, and uses the offence caused to them as an excuse to vent abuse of a far worse nature back.  It''s their "right" to do so, after all - but that doesn''t make it pleasant.  I often find that the people who claim that they are "within their rights" to do something are often the first to abuse the rights of others.Unfortunately Roeders'' record for Norwich City is marginally worse than Bruce Riochs'', and marginally better than Bryan Hamiltons'' - on that basis he has to improve things quickly or he will have to go in order to preserve our status in this league.  That will be obvious to all.  There''s no need whatsoever to get nasty with it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="beejinz"]

Dormice, probably

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you ever ''forget yourself'' and slip into warrior mode when you go out[:^)]

[/quote]

I was a long-serving ''warrior'' up until recently, having proudly served my Country.....Now? I''m just a big squeaky mouse that (on occasion) "ROARS".....