Sign in to follow this  
hobnail boots

tony hibbert

hello lads ,  evertonian here in peace.  i live over in dublin and was chatting to wes houlahans father in his footwear store in finglas village earlier today.

he said everton are negotiating with the canaries over a player plus cash deal involving tony hibbert and wes houlahan. (not sure whos paying cash)

tony hibbert or" the golden clog" as he is now affectionately known amongst blues, for his no nonsense tough tackling, will be a loss to us. he has become a bit of a cult figure over the years, and many will be sorry to see him leave.

what are your views on wes, i have seen him play for shebourne many times,and thought he had good vision, but no pace,and seemed lazy at times can he cut it in the prem?

what are your views on the golden clog, would you be happy to see him at carrow rd, better than neville imo, heel be a good asset.

just passing on what his father told me,  i will be sorry to see the clog leave, houlahan looked decent in the eircom league,but haven''t seen him play for a long while.how do rate him? is he premier league class.

he was a bit lazy at shelbourne, but was head and shoulders above anything in that league.  maybe moyes sees something in him.  i am not too sure whos offering the cash, in the deal.

roeder likes the clog, he tried to sign him for west ham.

what a load of bollox! hibberts a regular and the last thing everton need is another creative midfielder. maybe when we have £3-4m to spend on a right back, and everton get desparate for left footers, then just maybe this could happen, but this is a long way off. Still, i''d prefer hoolahan to vbe here on what he''s on than Van Der Meyde!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]what a load of bollox! hibberts a regular and the last thing everton need is another creative midfielder. maybe when we have £3-4m to spend on a right back, and everton get desparate for left footers, then just maybe this could happen, but this is a long way off. Still, i''d prefer hoolahan to vbe here on what he''s on than Van Der Meyde!
[/quote]

the clog has played very little for us this season, he is only getting a game due to our striker crisis, neville has been switched from rb to midfield,and cahill moved from midfield into attack.when castillo is fit,he will play cm and neville will drop back to rb.lars jacobsen our other rb is training again,he is yet to play following his arrival in the summer,due to an injury he got whilst playing for denmark.