Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magoo

Ipswich Players

Is anyone else getting bothered by the number oft ex or current scummers that we are being linked with! Bruce, Scowcroft etc. If any of thse are signed surely that will illustrate just how poorly the club understands the fans? Or am I alone in thinking this?

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Is anyone else getting bothered by the number oft ex or current scummers that we are being linked with! Bruce, Scowcroft etc. If any of thse are signed surely that will illustrate just how poorly the club understands the fans? Or am I alone in thinking this?
[/quote]

I think Town fans would be more upset at Bruce coming to us than I would be having him here.

While there are some players with Ipswich connections I would hate to see defiling a City shirt (e.g. Eric Gates in the past or Danny Haynes now) I think a blanket refusal to consider anyone who has ever had the misfortune to have played for them is a bit harsh.  In the 80''s we picked up Trevor Putney from them and although he was hardly the most gifted player ever to set foot on Carrow Road he was also pretty important to one of our more successful sides. 

Of the two you mention - Bruce would be a damn good signing and offers much more than we have at the moment (Grounds on loan for two months is hardly the answer long term); Scowcroft is just a link that comes up every transfer window and its never happened yet. 

Besides, when you are as skint as we appear to be the luxury of being too chosey is one we cannot afford. [:(]

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Is anyone else getting bothered by the number oft ex or current scummers that we are being linked with! Bruce, Scowcroft etc. If any of thse are signed surely that will illustrate just how poorly the club understands the fans? Or am I alone in thinking this?
[/quote]

If it improves our side I''m happy with it. As far as I''m concerned, Bruce is an honorary Canary anyway, but even Scowcroft would be better than what we have. We need to strengthen the side and whilst I would find it hard to stomach someone like Haynes we have to accept that we''re in no position to be choosy!

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Is anyone else getting bothered by the number oft ex or current scummers that we are being linked with! Bruce, Scowcroft etc. If any of thse are signed surely that will illustrate just how poorly the club understands the fans? Or am I alone in thinking this?[/quote]Maybe it is just because you are young. A number of ex-binners have come our way over the years - I seem to remember Bertcshin, Putney & Miller were all quite popular.Also we have had on occasions a number of actual binner supporters playing for us.Whats your view on that?

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Mr Magoo"]Is anyone else getting bothered by the number oft ex or current scummers that we are being linked with! Bruce, Scowcroft etc. If any of thse are signed surely that will illustrate just how poorly the club understands the fans? Or am I alone in thinking this?[/quote]Maybe it is just because you are young. A number of ex-binners have come our way over the years - I seem to remember Bertcshin, Putney & Miller were all quite popular.Also we have had on occasions a number of actual binner supporters playing for us.Whats your view on that?[/quote]Miller popular! I beg to differ....he was rubbish!

If Ipsw - er, their players are willing to accept that they have been playing for the wrong team, and are happy to put that right by beating them twice a season, I can''t see the problem.

[quote user="nolegs"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Mr Magoo"]Is anyone else getting bothered by the number oft ex or current scummers that we are being linked with! Bruce, Scowcroft etc. If any of thse are signed surely that will illustrate just how poorly the club understands the fans? Or am I alone in thinking this?[/quote]Maybe it is just because you are young. A number of ex-binners have come our way over the years - I seem to remember Bertcshin, Putney & Miller were all quite popular.Also we have had on occasions a number of actual binner supporters playing for us.Whats your view on that?[/quote]Miller popular! I beg to differ....he was rubbish![/quote]Popular with me mum anyway!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Is anyone else getting bothered by the number oft ex or current scummers that we are being linked with! Bruce, Scowcroft etc. If any of thse are signed surely that will illustrate just how poorly the club understands the fans? Or am I alone in thinking this?[/quote]

If it improves our side I''m happy with it. As far as I''m concerned, Bruce is an honorary Canary anyway, but even Scowcroft would be better than what we have. We need to strengthen the side and whilst I would find it hard to stomach someone like Haynes we have to accept that we''re in no position to be choosy!

[/quote]Agreed Beau! For us to sign Bruce, we''d be merely ''bringing the boy home''! I''d love to see him here! [:D]