Sign in to follow this  
dielectric

chris porter any one?

interest

Hearts, 11:23, January 7, 2009

Motherwell boss Mark McGhee has slammed Csaba Laszlo''s admission he wants to sign Chris Porter and says he is set to go to England.

McGhee was unhappy with Laszlo''s press conference comments ahead of Wednesday''s game at Fir Park in which he revealed that 25-year-old Porter is on his shopping list this month. And he quickly hit back and says the striker, who is out of contract in the summer and attracting plenty of interest from English Championship clubs, will not be heading to Tynecastle.          ..... just a thought!!!!!!!

would love to see him;   but hearts and european football or a championship relegation battle!

I watched Motherwell v Hamilton on Setanta the other week. Porter played and was absolutly shocking. Hamilton are like the equivilent of a league 1 team.

We desperately need some more firepower - not convinced that Porter is the answer though...

I signed him for Norwich on a Bosman in the summer of 2009 on FM09. I had no strikers left besides Cureton because they were all on loan so I had to sign whatever I could on a limited budget, so I got Porter, and he was alright, generally scoring 10-15 a season for the first three years.And the first part of the second sentence made me realise just how hard it is going to be for anyone whoever is in charge come May.

[quote user="Lrrr"]I signed him for Norwich on a Bosman in the summer of 2009 on FM09. I had no strikers left besides Cureton because they were all on loan so I had to sign whatever I could on a limited budget, so I got Porter, and he was alright, generally scoring 10-15 a season for the first three years.

And the first part of the second sentence made me realise just how hard it is going to be for anyone whoever is in charge come May.
[/quote]

On my FM09, I went on holiday for 2 years, and Norwich went down in 2009/10. God knows how we stayed up in the first season, and then we had a brilliant squad for the 2nd season, including ironically Leroy Lita on a free, and then went down.

Roeder Outers will be pleased to know he didnt take us down. It was Bryan Robson''s fault...

[quote user="singing canary"]i got ched evans , and victor achibe.. on loan free , no wages and bagged 54 between then ..!!![/quote]

the EDP say we have bid £200.000 for him not sure he''s worth that

I think Chris Porter would be a good signing for us.

Said that we should of signed him a couple of years ago and I still believe that he would of been one of the best options we could of gone for given our limited budget.

[quote user="Smudger"]I think Chris Porter would be a good signing for us.

Said that we should of signed him a couple of years ago and I still believe that he would of been one of the best options we could of gone for given our limited budget.[/quote]You did say that then smudger and for once, I am in total agreement with you. Please note, I do not intend making a habit of this though! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]I think Chris Porter would be a good signing for us.

Said that we should of signed him a couple of years ago and I still believe that he would of been one of the best options we could of gone for given our limited budget.[/quote]You did say that then smudger and for once, I am in total agreement with you. Please note, I do not intend making a habit of this though! [;)]

[/quote]

For a less than £1 million I can''t see that there are going to be too many strikers about who can offer you a bit in the air and aren''t a total donkey with the ball at their feet either these days.

Do not know if Chris Porter necessarily has what it takes to be a 20+ goal per season striker in the Championship, but I certainly think that he could hit double figures (if played regularly) plus his general all round game would offer a lot more to the rest of the team as a whole.  He could hold the ball up a bit bringing other players in to the game and with the chance to work alongside a proven striker at this level I think that they could build a promising partnership.

This would probably be another problem with him joining us though at the minute... more than likely he would be playing alongside a differnt striker every week and would be in and out of the side himself.