Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Do you trust the current board to appoint a new manager?

Given their track record of failure, what makes you all think that if GR is sacked (unlikely in my opinion), that they will bring someone in who will actually take this club forward?

Their only good appointment was Worthington and I believe that came by luck rather an informed opinion.

[quote user="Larry David"]

Given their track record of failure, what makes you all think that if GR is sacked (unlikely in my opinion), that they will bring someone in who will actually take this club forward?

Their only good appointment was Worthington and I believe that came by luck rather an informed opinion.

[/quote]

We don''t need a new manager. You just need a bit more patience!

[/quote]

They''re never going to win while the fans are so unforgiving. Even their good decisions get taken away and put down to luck. This so reminds me of Worthy and when posters pointed to his successes the great Worthy Out Brigade wrote them off all down to luck. Well the luck certainly ran out for Grant and Roeder! Maybe soon the past will be revisited and Worthy will get the credit he deserves.

I guess what I am saying is keep it real.

maybe they should listen to the fans for a change .

surely it would take the heat off them.

do i trust their choice... the previous two , are the worst norwich city have ever made in thier history.

[quote user="singing canary"]

maybe they should listen to the fans for a change .

surely it would take the heat off them.

do i trust their choice... the previous two , are the worst norwich city have ever made in thier history.

[/quote]John Deehan, Bryan Hamilton, Gary Megson.  To name but 3.

[quote user="beejinz"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I completely agree for now.

I can''t understand how people expect a new manager to succeed, when ultimately the club is for sale, the current incumbents have made it public that they want to leave and everyone knows we have no money.

Would you take a job when you know the person interviewing you wants to leave themselves?

The only thing this club has going for it, is a large number of fans coming through the gates each week. I would say support, but how many actually go to support the club? IMO most go for want of a better option and soon the gates will start drastically reducing.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t understand how people expect a new manager to succeed, when ultimately the club is for sale, the current incumbents have made it public that they want to leave and everyone knows we have no money.

Would you take a job when you know the person interviewing you wants to leave themselves?

The only thing this club has going for it, is a large number of fans coming through the gates each week. I would say support, but how many actually go to support the club? IMO most go for want of a better option and soon the gates will start drastically reducing.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The most successful are usualy those that are promoted from within.

Brown to Stringer to Walker one of the best periods in our history.

You continue the traditional essence that is our club.

It has been steadily lost through the course of the last set of managers (although I believe Grant would have tried)

Roeder has finally put the last nail in the coffin by removing just about every link that existed with our past.

Only Gunn remains, probably because GR can''t lift him[:D] to throw him out!

That''s why we feel alianated and distrustful. Oh his bl***dy attitude doesn''t help.

I can''t see how we can ever now get this back unless we can find a past "jewel" to revert to our traditions.

as i said larry , good point you have made but the money we save on loan players , surely its worth the risk of bringing in players from a lower division , or paying out for a really good foreign scout policy.

the must be plenty of players , who would love the chance of playing in the championship, who are overlooked by the premiership clubs.

roeder kept banging on about bringing in a big man , he got someone in who he feels is lightweight.

allthough i rate lupoli , surely you know about your player first before signing him.

i guess his signing on fee would almost pay for lita.

we need someone who can think ahead, not just untill the end of the season .

Where would this new manager get money from? We would have to spend in excess of £1m to pay Roeder off (estimate)!

Where would this new manager get money from? We would have to spend in excess of £1m to pay Roeder off (estimate)!

[/quote]

Thats just a wild guess and you damn well know it David!

[quote user="The Butler"]

It has been steadily lost through the course of the last set of managers (although I believe Grant would have tried)

Roeder has finally put the last nail in the coffin by removing just about every link that existed with our past.

That''s why we feel alianated and distrustful. Oh his bl***dy attitude doesn''t help.

I can''t see how we can ever now get this back unless we can find a past "jewel" to revert to our traditions.

[/quote]The ability and tradition to appoint from within is gone. Sacking Roeder won''t bring this back but staying calm and carrying on just might.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

The ability and tradition to appoint from within is gone. Sacking Roeder won''t bring this back but staying calm and carrying on just might.
[/quote]

It just might,it might also allow us to start from where we were 50 years ago if we are not careful and I haven''t got time on my side now to see it all again.[;)]

[quote user="singing canary"]we just need someone in who knows what they are doing ...[/quote]

Steve Tilson knows what he''s doing..............ask Chelski!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Lee Clark then! Oh... he''s left

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well its not unreasonable to think he''d be on £8k per week and his contract runs until the end of 2010 which in my fag packet maths would make c.£600k. Then factor in the terminations of his stafff who would likely leave also and you''d be looking at close to £1m.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well its not unreasonable to think he''d be on £8k per week and his contract runs until the end of 2010 which in my fag packet maths would make c.£600k. Then factor in the terminations of his stafff who would likely leave also and you''d be looking at close to £1m.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What about the compensation to Southend when Wiz appoints Tilly[:^)]

[/quote]Why do they have a track record of failure? Norwich have been a second division side for most of our history, nothing has changed. And before everyone starts moaning that its fans like me who are ruining this club, I''m just pointing out the facts, obviously I want us to be in the top flight, but it''s not going to happen until we get investment. Due to the financial situation we were in after Chase left, I think it was actually an achievement for Norwich not to get relegated through the leagues, especially when we had to sell all of our big players. Also Glenn Roeder wasn''t a bad appointment, you lot may not like him now (and I don''t like his arrogance) but he did a magnificent job last season, and at one point people were talking about a late surge into the play offs, people have forgotten that already, some people really do have short term memorys.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]Why do they have a track record of failure? Norwich have been a second division side for most of our history, nothing has changed. And before everyone starts moaning that its fans like me who are ruining this club, I''m just pointing out the facts, obviously I want us to be in the top flight, but it''s not going to happen until we get investment. Due to the financial situation we were in after Chase left, I think it was actually an achievement for Norwich not to get relegated through the leagues, especially when we had to sell all of our big players. Also Glenn Roeder wasn''t a bad appointment, you lot may not like him now (and I don''t like his arrogance) but he did a magnificent job last season, and at one point people were talking about a late surge into the play offs, people have forgotten that already, some people really do have short term memorys. [/quote]We avoided relegation by one game,  if we had lost our last home game against QPR we would have been relegated, that''s how close it was, I don''t consider that a magnificent job. Luckily enough for GR, Grants old squad pulled together for the first couple of months and got some points on the board, since then it''s been downhill and Norwich have been in the bottom third for almost the entirety