Sign in to follow this  
National express super guard

glenn tells us how much he's spent

so much for undisclosed fees;Roeder was referring to Hoolahan, winger Bell - linked with Coventry - and midfielder Sammy Clingan.“Hoolahan

cost £200,000 and they cost more than that when you try to buy players

out of the Conference. For his ability, when he''s on song, £200,000 is

cheap,” said Roeder. “Clingan didn''t cost us a penny and is

now worth proper money, and with Bell, you wouldn''t entertain bids that

were anywhere around the £400,000 we paid for him, so there''s huge

profit in those two players.”when you look at it, he''s done well to bring these players in for that price, just imagine what we could buy with money!!!

For what it''s worth, I continue to think that Roeder is a shrewd operator in the transfer market. I think he has bought genuine quality into the squad and I think if he is to leave, he will leave a better talented squad than which he found.

What I think Roeder falls flat on, is his ability to organise and inspire that team into giving decent performances. 

So the real problem is the lack of investment then, looking at the global economy it is probably fair to say that with our debts we are probably worth nothing right now. We should have done everything humanly possible to get Cullum to the table when he showed an interest!

I really believe that as much as I dislike Roeder, getting rid of him will not solve the problem, we will not be a top flight club again unless there is a change at the very top.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

For what it''s worth, I continue to think that Roeder is a shrewd operator in the transfer market. I think he has bought genuine quality into the squad and I think if he is to leave, he will leave a better talented squad than which he found.

What I think Roeder falls flat on, is his ability to organise and inspire that team into giving decent performances. 

[/quote]

This is a very good point, I don''t think I could agree more with you here.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]

I also completely agree.

He CAN spot talent at a fair price, as a club we CAN attract some of it (not all of it obviously)...... but he CANNOT mould it into a team and get the best out of it.

Mark .Y.

“Clingan didn''t cost us a penny and is now worth proper money, and with Bell, you wouldn''t entertain bids that were anywhere around the £400,000 we paid for him, so there''s huge profit in those two players.”

and thats why roeder will not be sacked by the current regime. these players will be sold eventually, i feel they have only been bought in for financial gain rather then for football reasons. i think the board have challenged roeder to unearth bargains and then sell them on for profit.

norwich will be a selling club more then ever over the next couple of years, and we can look forward to never seeing players in a city shirt for longer then a season. crappy times

I''ll buy that too, sounds about right... the players are clearly better than what we''ve had in recent seasons but they''re not performing and that can only be down to the manager... how about we bump him up to some kind of Director of Football role and appoint a Head Coach? [:O] Rarely works, but lets face it, something needs to be done in the absence of further investment...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]So we''re saying that Roeder makes a better scout than a manager ?  I''ll buy that based upon our league position.[/quote]Agree with that one, or as many people have said, a better Director of Football [Y]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I''ll buy that too, sounds about right... the players are clearly better than what we''ve had in recent seasons but they''re not performing and that can only be down to the manager... how about we bump him up to some kind of Director of Football role and appoint a Head Coach? [:O] Rarely works, but lets face it, something needs to be done in the absence of further investment...[/quote]2 words, David Pleat... [:o]

[quote user="National express super guard "]so much for undisclosed fees;

Roeder was referring to Hoolahan, winger Bell - linked with Coventry - and midfielder Sammy Clingan.

“Hoolahan cost £200,000 and they cost more than that when you try to buy players out of the Conference. For his ability, when he''s on song, £200,000 is cheap,” said Roeder.

“Clingan didn''t cost us a penny and is now worth proper money, and with Bell, you wouldn''t entertain bids that were anywhere around the £400,000 we paid for him, so there''s huge profit in those two players.”

when you look at it, he''s done well to bring these players in for that price, just imagine what we could buy with money!!!
[/quote]

AND YOU BELIVE IN WHAT HE SAYS.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]I''ll buy that too, sounds about right... the players are clearly better than what we''ve had in recent seasons but they''re not performing and that can only be down to the manager... how about we bump him up to some kind of Director of Football role and appoint a Head Coach? [:O] Rarely works, but lets face it, something needs to be done in the absence of further investment...[/quote]2 words, David Pleat... [:o][/quote]I know, it sends a shiver down my spine to even have suggested it... but desperate times, and all that...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]I''ll buy that too, sounds about right... the players are clearly better than what we''ve had in recent seasons but they''re not performing and that can only be down to the manager... how about we bump him up to some kind of Director of Football role and appoint a Head Coach? [:O] Rarely works, but lets face it, something needs to be done in the absence of further investment...[/quote]2 words, David Pleat... [:o][/quote]I know, it sends a shiver down my spine to even have suggested it... but desperate times, and all that...[/quote]Great idea. Let''s get Howard Wilkinson!

[quote user="Coelho"]Great idea. Let''s get Howard Wilkinson![/quote]I thought we already had him a few years ago posing as N. Worthington...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Coelho"]Great idea. Let''s get Howard Wilkinson![/quote]I thought we already had him a few years ago posing as N. Worthington...[/quote]Ooh, you bitch! Short memories, etcetera, etcetera... [;)]

Actually, that was supposed to be ironic... I remember during the Worthy Out days one of the biggest criticisms was that he was ''from the Howard Wilkinson school of football''... I agreed, mind, but only cos I''d had enough.... as it happens, those were probably happy days in comparison!

[quote user="National express super guard "]

when you look at it, he''s done well to bring these players in for that price, just imagine what we could buy with money!!!
[/quote]

2 of those players are ovrrated shyte though..... with money we''d just buy more expensive overrated shyte!

jas :)