Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

The 'Substantial, Experienced' centre-back playing 'in the premiership somewhere in the world'

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Christian Dailly.[/quote]

What about the Bulgarian chap we were in for a couple of seasons ago, has he now done enough to meet the work permit criteria.  Just a thought...

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Christian Dailly.[/quote]According to the sometimes accurate wikipedia... " Unlike most modern footballers he does not have an agent and negotiates deals on his own behalf.".Didn''t he break Mulrynes'' leg in 2 places though ?  Or am I thinking of someone else ?

Valentin Iliev is the Bulgarian chap we were linked with. I believe he has moved to a Russian club last season and is settling well there...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Christian Dailly.[/quote]

According to the sometimes accurate wikipedia... " Unlike most modern footballers he does not have an agent and negotiates deals on his own behalf.".

Didn''t he break Mulrynes'' leg in 2 places though ?  Or am I thinking of someone else ?
[/quote]

it was indeed Christian Daily (then of Blackburn) that broke Mulryne''s leg and was hated for it to almost Muscat levels for it for a while after....that aside I''d be disappointed if it was Daily, experienced yes but not much of a leader, and not convinced centre back was ever his true position, probably right back or defensive midfielder...having said that better than nothing