Sign in to follow this  
OzCanary

What are we thinking????

I don''t understand Nigel and the management teams decision not to seriously look at Craig Moore.

He was about to double Linvoy Primus'' salary plus a sign on fee of $750,000 but will not look at an experienced international player like Craig Moore for $500,000 and a reputed $40-$50,000 salary. Craig Morre is ten times the player Linvoy Primus will ever be.

Whilst I have been impressed with the Bentley and Helveg acquisitions the two other areas we need to bolster is the defence and forward positions. Nothing would be finer than seeing Malky and Craig Moore at the back and we all know that the reason teams get relegated from the premiership is because they do not score enough goals (i.e Wolves last year).

I am all for commonsense money management but we can not afford to pass up quality players and settle for one big payday and back to Division 1 next year.

40-50,000 pounds a week?

are you mad? if craig moore is indeed looking for 50k a week (which i think is highly unlikely), then let''s compare this over a 3 year contract. primus was 10k per week.

primus would cost 750k plus 1560k in wages over three years -- 2.3 million pounds in total
moore would cost 500k plus 7800k in wages over three years -- 8.3 million pounds in total

if that''s what moore wants, then NW is completely correct in saying no thank you.

He wont pay out big money for some reason,
he might have ideas and (has)put/will deals into players that we dont know of

I agree Oz
although ipswich had problems with there defence thats why they were relegated.

Im sure we will have no problems scoring goals

Yes but it was the ''whole package'' that Worthy objected to, as we don''t know what it was who are we to comment. Also he may be crocked hence his departure in the first place. Why did Blackburn pull out?? I trust NW on this one. But agree a defender and striker seem imperitive.

Whats Craig Moore ever done thats so special? He played for Crystal Palace a few years ago and then had a few years playing for Rangers in a league where they are barely tested most weeks as well as playing for one of the lesser international teams. Ok not a bad player no doubt and at 500K maybe worth a shot but with those sort of wages (I think that equates to about 20K doesn''t it?) and with him sodding off to Athens for a month then he''s not really worth it.

Oh and I don''t think we''ll be seeing much of Malky at the back next season regardless!

Worthy said no to ''the whole package'' so there''s something in there that''s not right for us, or out of our reach. The price sounds good at 500k, so perhaps the wages or signing on fee or something are too high. Or perhaps the aussie mentality wouldn''t fit in our dressing room of good apples! (I can''t help but think of Muscat, Tiatto etc).

Ama

At the end of the day, we as fans don''t know "the whole package". I heard 500k and wanted us to snap him up. But Moore might have all sorts of clauses in his contract which we didn''t want to give. For example, I should think Worthy would stear clear of any signing who wasn''t prepared to take a pay cut if we got relegated. Perhaps Moore didn''t want this? Just speculating, but there are many reasons why he might not be suitable

I agree there is obviously something in the contract that is procluding us from seriously looking at him.

Just for your information , Muscat is as much hated over here in Australia or though we all rate Tiatto and possibly wouldn''t have been a bad pick up for us.