Sign in to follow this  
Chocolatebuttons

Favourite Song?

well i think all the current norwich songs are pretty boring and old apart from on the ball city which is classic i think its time we brought some new blood back in and try get the atmosphere back at carrow road which seemed to disapear a long time ago

Bryan Gunn, Bryan gunn, Bryan Bryan Gunn,

He''s got no hair but we don''t care

Bryan Bryan Gunn.

My favourite used to be: "we love you paul mcveigh...." although I realise that''s a long time ago now! Heard a very amusing song about matty patty at forest but haven''t heard it since.

Apart from the classic on the ball city, what''s everyone else''s all time favourite?

[quote user="Danny NCFC 4 life"]well i think all the current norwich songs are pretty boring and old apart from on the ball city which is classic i think its time we brought some new blood back in and try get the atmosphere back at carrow road which seemed to disapear a long time ago[/quote]I was saying this to a mate only earlier today... he''s a Sunderland fan and they''ve got some cracking songs about Cisse, but even with the legend of Huckerby the best we could come up with was "Oh Huckerby... blah blah blah!"  Okay, so we had the rather splendid Moroccan All Over The World and WLY Paul McVeigh, but since then......... well, since then I''ve barely been to a home game.... but that''s not the point, dammit.... Ahem.

That classic from the musical ''Oliver''.....

[8]"Food Glorious Food.....Who cares about football? Whilst we''re in the mood, let''s build a new restaurant! On match-day have a great steak - fried, roasted or stewed....Oh, food, wonderful food, glorious food, marvellous food......wonder-ful.......fooooooood!"[8] 

Actually, thinking about it there have been a couple I''ve liked since the Paul McVeigh one - especially ''he scored against the scum, he scored another one...Mckenzie/Malkay'' - those were the days when we actually had stuff to sing about though - what a long time ago that seems now!

the jonny otsemebor to kama chamelion is pretty good. and the operatic arturo lupoli too.

i think hooly, croft, clingan, doc and patty deserve some songs.

and why is there so little rapport with marshall? i know he barely acknowledges us, but it''s not as if we give him much support and we''re right behind him. when he pulls of those amazing saves that keep us in games surely there''s room for a ''scotland''s number one''. he may not be that yet but the more support we give him the more confident he will become.

''glen roeder''s green and yellow army anyone''?!?!?

The repetoire of the 70''s was very extensive, although a lot of the songs were sung by most clubs'' supporters but I''d rather that than our current list of 3 or 4 songs/chants...On the ball City, Come on you Yellows (or Yellows! Yellows) Come on City!

I remember regularly singing songs in the old Barclay which were other clubs anthems such as ''You''ll never walk alone, "...Forever blowing bubbles (lyrics changed to reflect the cowardice of Ipswich fans) "Knees up Mother Brown"..."In your [insert club name]) slums" and alot of others which were clearly hooligan inspired like, "You''re going to get your f*#king head kicked in", "You''re going in the river!" and other such "classics". The singing was relentless and kept a real energy/hostility going but I somehow think this is well consigned to history, and so long as stadiums remain all seated...

Current ones are.One Matty PattyHe used to be shite but now hes alright.Walking in a patty wonderland.Wesley Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Wesley Hoolahan, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na Na Na.Also 2-0 We beat the scum 2-0

I made up a couple which never took off, which I blame on the poor quality of player rather than my song-writing ability....

For Jean Yves De Blassis (to the tune of Oh Blah Dee by the Beatles):

"Oh Jean Yves, De Blassis, De Blassis...woo-oah...City''s number 25"

And for Fernando Derveld (to Abba''s Fernando):

"There was something in the air that night, you''re Dutch, you''re sh*te, Fernando"

Can''t understand why they never took off!

[quote user="Roed 2 Rouen?"]

The repetoire of the 70''s was very extensive, although a lot of the songs were sung by most clubs'' supporters but I''d rather that than our current list of 3 or 4 songs/chants...On the ball City, Come on you Yellows (or Yellows! Yellows) Come on City!

I remember regularly singing songs in the old Barclay which were other clubs anthems such as ''You''ll never walk alone, "...Forever blowing bubbles (lyrics changed to reflect the cowardice of Ipswich fans) "Knees up Mother Brown"..."In your [insert club name]) slums" and alot of others which were clearly hooligan inspired like, "You''re going to get your f*#king head kicked in", "You''re going in the river!" and other such "classics". The singing was relentless and kept a real energy/hostility going but I somehow think this is well consigned to history, and so long as stadiums remain all seated...

Yep,happy days!!! Dont forget the other classics such as "youre gonna get what Jimmy Rimmer got!!" and all those classic anti Mariner/Gates classics....I personally think the demise of terrace chants started when the seated masses started chanting "yellow army!!!" funny but that one always reminds me of saddams republican guard!

"Oh when the greens go marching in" and the related crowd surge that inevitably came with it was unreal but nowadays its totally lost on the regimented,modern all seater football stadium! the old grounds,open terraces and all what came with them have unfortunatly gone for good!

Pity!!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

we want roeder out, say we want roeder out!

thats mine

[/quote]

At this moment in time this would be my favourite song although normally its OTBC, the oldest, greatest most original football song anywhere and I get annoyed when people knock it!

WEEEEEE LOVVEEEEEEE YOU PAUL MCVEIGH!(oh how things change...)

If i had the eyes of a sparrow... If i had the arse of a crow

Id fly over the town of ipswich and Sh*t on the Bstards below below

Sh*t on, Sh*t on, Sh*t on the Bstards below below

Sh*t on, Sh*t on, Sh*t on the Bstards below!

''Hope i dont get kicked off for bad language now'' hehe

with regards to the we love you paul mcveigh song, could we not adapt it to lupoli?

we love you lupoli,

and ifits quite alright, we love you lupoli,

despite your lack of height,

we love you lupoli.......

I don''t know what the last line could be, as he never plays long enough to cross the ball for someone to score but I''m sure someone else could think of a last line? 

There is also the song about sibierski:

do do do antoine sibierski do do do he''s got a shiny head

i dont like the matty patty song, i think it is mean.

The balls across the line

croft scored . . . for the first time

prove to us thats hes a mine

cos u only get 1 chance dont get nine

dont try and waste our time

your lack of lupoli is on my mindddd

you only get 1 chance dont get nine

I made that song today lol. Its to the tune of '' Don''t Get Nine''  by N-Dubz