Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

croft!!!

Both signed. I''d rate Docherty a better centre back than Coft as a right winger (but if he learnt to cross...)

Croft ia a fantastic player and a truly nice guy off the pitch. When Norwich cam to play King''s Lynn a couple of years ago for a friendly, me and some of my mates went to watch it at the Walks and Croft was jogging round the pitch and the man i was next to ( turned out to be a friend of my brothers, after i was wondering how he knew who i was lol ) called Croft over , and he hesitated but decided to come over or a chat. We talked about how Lynn were playing and if they could move up a few league, he said they were good but not good enough for league football lol. We all had a very nice chat and as he left to keep jogging he said goodbye to the four of us and shook our hands. He was a truly nice man. What was even better was the drain wasn''t on properly and all the young ones from Norwich were jogging round and one of them fell into a knee height drain and fell over lol. Everyone including all the Norwich players were laughing.

Dion Dublin was another player who was a nice gentlemen off of the pitch as in the same game he was chatting too us after most of his headers either just went wide or in the back of the net lol.

Bottom line. Croft is a great player and a great gentlemen and he has a future at this club, so we need to get him on a long contract. Sign him up,sign him up, sign him up

Crofty''s played under 3 different managers and during one of the worst spells in the club''s history, yet you never hear him complain.  He just gets on with it and despite his inconsistencies (and until this season, his lack of fitness) always seems to give his best efforts.  At the moment, he''s one of the few bright spots in a pretty awful season, and has scored the best goal too.

[quote user="lynn canary"]

Croft ia a fantastic player and a truly nice guy off the pitch. When Norwich cam to play King''s Lynn a couple of years ago for a friendly, me and some of my mates went to watch it at the Walks and Croft was jogging round the pitch and the man i was next to ( turned out to be a friend of my brothers, after i was wondering how he knew who i was lol ) called Croft over , and he hesitated but decided to come over or a chat. We talked about how Lynn were playing and if they could move up a few league, he said they were good but not good enough for league football lol. We all had a very nice chat and as he left to keep jogging he said goodbye to the four of us and shook our hands. He was a truly nice man. What was even better was the drain wasn''t on properly and all the young ones from Norwich were jogging round and one of them fell into a knee height drain and fell over lol. Everyone including all the Norwich players were laughing.

Dion Dublin was another player who was a nice gentlemen off of the pitch as in the same game he was chatting too us after most of his headers either just went wide or in the back of the net lol.

Bottom line. Croft is a great player and a great gentlemen and he has a future at this club, so we need to get him on a long contract. Sign him up,sign him up, sign him up

[/quote]I think the manager has said that he is a nice chap too. I think that saying he is a fantastic player is over-stating your case though. He has improved this year, but there is still very little end product from his work. I have no particular desire to see hime go as he is useful and has potential still but I wouldn''t weep buckets.The other thing of course, is that we don''t know what sort of contract he is on (ex big club prospect; a then recently relegated premiership team). It''s possible that he is the sort of contract that we can''t afford now for a player who at championship level is useful and a prospect, rather than a star/ leading player.

Croft does seem a genuinely nice bloke,  but the number of truly good crosses is far too poor.  Iwonder how much his improvement this year is down to having sucgh poor performances from his midfield colleagues rather than him actually getting any better.  

At the moment we cannot really affford to get riodof him,  I dont think he is good enough to be starting but would be an excellent sub/squad player.  The trouble is nearly allof our team fit that bill.

If he goes I wish him all the best but wont be too sad.