Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Kennedy: "It was more relaxed"

“Coming back to Celtic it is a bigger club and a bigger squad, so

it''s a tougher challenge to get in the team. I''ll just have to work

hard and hope to get a break.”
OH MY GOD how dare he say Celtic is a bigger club!  Look how far we have fallen!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]“Coming back to Celtic it is a bigger club and a bigger squad, so

it''s a tougher challenge to get in the team. I''ll just have to work

hard and hope to get a break.”
OH MY GOD how dare he say Celtic is a bigger club!  Look how far we have fallen![/quote]Well it''s sad, but you can''t really argue against that can you.I mean just look at how many rejects of theirs we have picked up in the past few years.

[quote user="John"]I mean just look at how many rejects of theirs we have picked up in the past few years.[/quote]God yeah, anyone remember that Malky Mackay bloke? He was rubbish.... [:P]

To be fair to Kennedy I think its quite clear that he was talking about the attitudes of the fans outside of the club and the different media intensity when mentioned the relaxed sideof things.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="John"]I mean just look at how many rejects of theirs we have picked up in the past few years.[/quote]God yeah, anyone remember that Malky Mackay bloke? He was rubbish.... [:P][/quote]I''m not saying that the rejects of theirs we have picked up have been "bad" EM, I''m just pointing out that it says something about our stature as a club in comparison to Celtic if we''re constantly picking up the players that they consider to be "deadwood" (if you will) at thier club.Don''t get me wrong though, of course Malky is a legend.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="John"]
I mean just look at how many rejects of theirs we have picked up in the past few years.
[/quote]
God yeah, anyone remember that Malky Mackay bloke? He was rubbish.... [:P]
[/quote]

And a certain David Marshall, of course.

[quote user="John"]I''m just pointing out that it says something about our stature as a club in comparison to Celtic if we''re constantly picking up the players that they consider to be "deadwood" (if you will) at thier club.

[/quote]

This would be the same Celtic FC have won the Scottish championship on 42 occasions and the the Scots Cup 34 times (a record), were the first British club to win the European Cup (and have also been beaten finalists) and are in the Champions League every year?  The same Celtic FC who play at the largest football stadium in Scotland with a capacity of over 60,000?  The same Celtic FC who took 80,000 fans to the UEFA Cup Final in 2003?  The same Celtic with a worldwide fan base estimated at nine million?

I am not going to apologise for the pathetic lack of ambition shown by our current board - we could and should be doing better than we are.  But to appear to have a dig on the basis that we pick up rejects from a club like that seems a bit daft.  We are nowhere near the stature of Celtic, never have been and most likely never will be and it seems stupid to try and compare ourselves to a team like them. 

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="John"]I''m just pointing out that it says something about our stature as a club in comparison to Celtic if we''re constantly picking up the players that they consider to be "deadwood" (if you will) at thier club.[/quote]

This would be the same Celtic FC have won the Scottish championship on 42 occasions and the the Scots Cup 34 times (a record), were the first British club to win the European Cup (and have also been beaten finalists) and are in the Champions League every year?  The same Celtic FC who play at the largest football stadium in Scotland with a capacity of over 60,000?  The same Celtic FC who took 80,000 fans to the UEFA Cup Final in 2003?  The same Celtic with a worldwide fan base estimated at nine million?

I am not going to apologise for the pathetic lack of ambition shown by our current board - we could and should be doing better than we are.  But to appear to have a dig on the basis that we pick up rejects from a club like that seems a bit daft.  We are nowhere near the stature of Celtic, never have been and most likely never will be and it seems stupid to try and compare ourselves to a team like them. 

[/quote]Ok, fair enough.But if you actually think about it, I''m not having a dig at our board for not making us a club of Celtics stature. I was just pointing out that after the comment made by Mister Chops, we seem to be feeding off their deadwood, so we can''t really expect to be held in the same respect that Celtic are held, as is pointed out by Kennedy. All your doing now "is pointing out other reasons" as to why we are not as big as Celtic as far as I''m concerned, yet turning it in to mislead criticism unto me.So if I''m being on honest i don''t understand where your coming from in that post. Maybe it would of been better directed at Mister Chops?

[quote user="John"]

But if you actually think about it, I''m not having a dig at our board for not making us a club of Celtics stature. I was just pointing out that after the comment made by Mister Chops, we seem to be feeding off their deadwood, so we can''t really expect to be held in the same respect that Celtic are held, as is pointed out by Kennedy. All your doing now "is pointing out other reasons" as to why we are not as big as Celtic as far as I''m concerned, yet turning it in to mislead criticism unto me.

So if I''m being on honest i don''t understand where your coming from in that post. Maybe it would of been better directed at Mister Chops?

[/quote]

Maybe I misunderstood your point - but I think Mr C''s post was his usual tongue in cheek sort of an effort!

I would obviously agree with you that we cannot expect to be held in the same respect as Celtic for the reasons I pointed out, and I think Mr C is very much in agreement with that as well.

[quote user="John"]But if you actually think about it, I''m not having a dig at our board for not making us a club of Celtics stature. I was just pointing out that after the comment made by Mister Chops, we seem to be feeding off their deadwood, so we can''t really expect to be held in the same respect that Celtic are held, as is pointed out by Kennedy. All your doing now "is pointing out other reasons" as to why we are not as big as Celtic as far as I''m concerned, yet turning it in to mislead criticism unto me.So if I''m being on honest i don''t understand where your coming from in that post. Maybe it would of been better directed at Mister Chops?

[/quote]

Maybe I misunderstood your point - but I think Mr C''s post was his usual tongue in cheek sort of an effort!

I would obviously agree with you that we cannot expect to be held in the same respect as Celtic for the reasons I pointed out, and I think Mr C is very much in agreement with that as well.

[/quote]Yes, I wish sarcasm translated better when written down.  I''ve always had a soft spot for Celtic since I was about 5 and my first "football" book had the Lisbon Lions in it... and numbers on shorts is much cooler, too.  But they are a truly big club that we could only hope to match.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Yes, I wish sarcasm translated better when written down.  [/quote]

It translated perfectly Mr C... sadly that method of making a point is usually lost on here.....

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

Yes, I wish sarcasm translated better when written down.  [/quote]

It translated perfectly Mr C... sadly that method of making a point is usually lost on here.....[/quote]Oh Cheers.....

[quote user="John"]I''m just pointing out that it says something about our stature as a club in comparison to Celtic if we''re constantly picking up the players that they consider to be "deadwood" (if you will) at thier club.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The same Celtic who''s fans are despised  for being IRA sympathisers and preching glorification of killing the English through their songs.

As far as i am concerned they have as much stature as the Taleban.

I for one are happy not to be associated or compared with them.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you a sweaty sock? Do you cheer on Andy Murray?