Sign in to follow this  
Robert Ketts Yellow Army

Croft is off to Sheff Utd

[quote user="ncfc90"]Wouldn''t mind too much if it''s for a good price[/quote]

What, get rid of Croft so Roeder can waste the fee on loans and still get us relegated? We need to keep hold of as many of are ''own'' players as possible so''s at least a new manager has something to play with when he finally comes along.

I would say it''s based on Roeder saying yesterday that Bell and Hollahan are not going anywhere. He didn''t say anything about Croft. So i would say he will be off somewhere this month!

God I hope so. He is useless, I had to laugh at the story which said they were interested in him to provide crosses for James Beattie!!How laughable is that!!

[quote user="colneycanary"]I would say it''s based on Roeder saying yesterday that Bell and Hollahan are not going anywhere. He didn''t say anything about Croft. So i would say he will be off somewhere this month![/quote]

See what I mean?  Roeder never said anything of the kind.  There was a headline that was designed to make people think he did.

Sorry to labour the issue but it really does drive me mad.

Who knows!   The last runmour I heard was £1.3m and Paddy Kenny for Marshall and Croft.

First time I have heard the Marshall bit,  but the links of Croft and Utd are certainly very persistent...

In the article GR was refering to the players he signed permanent in the summer, the main 3 being Clingan, Hoolahoop and Bell.

Fact is we''re broke and we''re going to have to sell before next season. We''ve got precious few assets to sell and Croft is one who''s stock is up at the moment. Plus we have cover if he does go. It makes sense to me in financial terms so i wouldn''t be surprised. Hopefully we can keep him until the summer and he continues to improve so we can get the best price possible.

What about Cureton? We invested over 750,000 on him 18 months ago and hes''s still got 18 months on his contract so he must be worth at least half a mil? Otherwise the money would have been better off spent on loans.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What about Cureton? We invested over 750,000 on him 18 months ago and hes''s still got 18 months on his contract so he must be worth at least half a mil? Otherwise the money would have been better off spent on loans.

[/quote]Half a million? If we could get anyone to pay a hundred grand I''d be amazed.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Half a million? If we could get anyone to pay a hundred grand I''d be amazed.
[/quote]

So are you saying permanent tranfers aren''t an investment? How about Adam Drury.. he''s under contract for another two and a half years.. surely we could get at least half a mil for him?

[quote user="Rusty Steele"]Am I missing something? Aren''t the whole squad ''off to Sheff Utd''? [;)][/quote]

damm beat me too it!!

i had something really sarcastic lined up as well!

[quote user="Rusty Steele"]Am I missing something? Aren''t the whole squad ''off to Sheff Utd''? [;)][/quote]Believe they set off in a Mini-Bus at 8am this morning, they left early as the services on the A1M have lucozade sport on a 2 for 1 offer. Delia insisted that they stock up in these hard times. Fortunatelt there was a spare seat to store them on!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Half a million? If we could get anyone to pay a hundred grand I''d be amazed. [/quote]

So are you saying permanent tranfers aren''t an investment? How about Adam Drury.. he''s under contract for another two and a half years.. surely we could get at least half a mil for him?

[/quote]If they are an investment they are a highly risky one! For every "bargain" there is at least one dud! The trouble is, you have to keep on paying for them through (often inflated) wages. Not only did we waste 3/4 million on Cureton but we continue to waste hundreds of thousands a year on wages!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="Rusty Steele"]Am I missing something? Aren''t the whole squad ''off to Sheff Utd''? [;)][/quote]Believe they set off in a Mini-Bus at 8am this morning, they left early as the services on the A1M have lucozade sport on a 2 for 1 offer. Delia insisted that they stock up in these hard times. Fortunatelt there was a spare seat to store them on!![/quote]Crumbs, that could make them late for kick-off as they have to push the last 5 miles to conserve diesel.[:O]

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Half a million? If we could get anyone to pay a hundred grand I''d be amazed.
[/quote]

[/quote]

If they are an investment they are a highly risky one!

For every "bargain" there is at least one dud! The trouble is, you have to keep on paying for them through (often inflated) wages. Not only did we waste 3/4 million on Cureton but we continue to waste hundreds of thousands a year on wages!

[/quote]

Glad someone else can see it [Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

He''s 34 this year Nutty, can''t see us getting more than £250k for him tbh.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

He''s 34 this year Nutty, can''t see us getting more than £250k for him tbh.

[/quote]

I can''t see us getting more than 50k for him Angel. That''s my point really, most of the time permanent players contracted to the club are no more of an investment than loans. Unless we do get shot of Cureton he will be part of Roeders playing budget when he''s 35! Drury is here until 2011. Where was the investment in Chadwick and Lappin or even Russell. It''s endless.