Sign in to follow this  
Hobozilla

EDP Text Coverage?

[quote user="Linus"]Where is the link to the edp text coverage?
[/quote]

Pete usually puts that and the match thread with the team news up about 2pm ish so I''m sure it will be here soon.

its terrible anyway. far better off with the bbc live text to be honest.i had both on for the charlton game and bbc updated that lupes had scored a full 5 mins before the text (dunno if there was a legal lag or some such like)....plus its interspersed with banal comments from messagers here. Such comments as "us loyal fans deserve so much better"......these being loyal fans that couldnt be bothered to go to an away game :Scant have ur cake and eat it eh?

[quote user="6088m canary"]its terrible anyway. far better off with the bbc live text to be honest.
i had both on for the charlton game and bbc updated that lupes had scored a full 5 mins before the text (dunno if there was a legal lag or some such like)....plus its interspersed with banal comments from messagers here. Such comments as "us loyal fans deserve so much better"......these being loyal fans that couldnt be bothered to go to an away game :S
cant have ur cake and eat it eh?
[/quote]

Can''t agree with that! I had  radio Norfolk on whilst reading the text & it WAS NOT behind!

Its just Pete listening to the radio and writing down what''s happening... very much doubt he''d have taken that long to put up that a goal had been scored... unless he''d popped to the bog, of course, in which case we should chip in for a colostomy bag....

Seriously, still no link? Its never been this late, has it?PS I love pete''s impartial commenting, plus all the idiots who post messages (me included)

[quote user="6088m canary"]its terrible anyway. far better off with the bbc live text to be honest.
i had both on for the charlton game and bbc updated that lupes had scored a full 5 mins before the text (dunno if there was a legal lag or some such like)....plus its interspersed with banal comments from messagers here. Such comments as "us loyal fans deserve so much better"......these being loyal fans that couldnt be bothered to go to an away game :S
cant have ur cake and eat it eh?
[/quote]

The text was updated before Sky''s Soccer Saturday update which is very prompt and well before the BBC Live text that my husband was reading.

fair doos all.........im guessing there must be a huge lag to get it out to korea then :Sbbc was a full 5 mins ahead at least.good stuff if its prompt back home.....really cant see us winning today but having seen the line up then we could just nick it 1-0. same scoreline last time i was at bramall lane....OTBC

no text this week then? guess theres a technical hitch at archant towers... maybe Pete is at the game itself....

jas :)

I''m on holiday.

As for the text service lagging that will be at your end. As soon as a goal is scored it''s displayed on there first before anywhere else.

Normal service will be resumed for the Wolves game (I''m going to Doncaster).

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

I''m on holiday.

As for the text service lagging that will be at your end. As soon as a goal is scored it''s displayed on there first before anywhere else.

[/quote]

The place falls apart when you''re not there Pete, enjoy your holiday.