Sign in to follow this  
3canaries

Await the Pink'un back lash........

"...This could well be a part of an orchestrated PR stunt from the club to prop up Roeder 

The Club might take this seriously if it wasn''t for the fact that the hysteria on this site is not backed by the wholly unimpressive number of votes for the OFFICIAL ROEDER OUT PETITION standing at less than 100 I see. Of course supporters are unhappy at the state of things at our Club, but for Norwich City you could type Charlton, Southampton, and many others - look at Sheff Wed, unable to fill two of the Subs spots at the weekend, due to such a small squad and Blackpool who sent back more than half a team of Loan Players, then lost at Torquay.  To get rid of the Manager now, without an adequate replacement will be suicidal and preparation for League 1 followed quite probably by Admin. I say lets see this season out, back the Team, and leave the vitriol for Roeder until the end of the season, if needed at all. Of course the serial moaners will continue to bombard this message board, as is their right, but to slag a journalist because his opinions differ from theirs is a bit rich!

Yes but Mick Dennis is right. None of you muppets have come up with a suitable alternative. You just want your pound of flesh and to hell with the consequences. You all think everything is so simple by getting rid of the ''problem'', but despite all the bleating, whining and bitching, not one of you has come up with a solid solution. You''ll keep blowing this house down until we''re absolutely f*cked and then wonder why the club has collapsed. Well shame on you.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]Yes but Mick Dennis is right. None of you muppets have come up with a suitable alternative. You just want your pound of flesh and to hell with the consequences. You all think everything is so simple by getting rid of the ''problem'', but despite all the bleating, whining and bitching, not one of you has come up with a solid solution. You''ll keep blowing this house down until we''re absolutely f*cked and then wonder why the club has collapsed. Well shame on you.[/quote]

And your solution is?......

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="steve o"]

is Mick Dennis? on myfootballwriter .com saying delia and michael will be brave and not sack roeder, his opinion,

the anti roeder mob do not represent the majoritys opinion, his opinion,

insane to get rid of roeder full stop, again his opinion,

who on earth is he?

[/quote]

Norwich fan, former Sports Editor of the Evening Standard, Football Corr for the Daily Express, writes a column for them, freelance writer also for the BBC,  Mirror, Sunday Times and elsewhere.  Author of a couple of football books.  Qualified ref although whether he does any reffing these days I do not know.

Knows Glenn through charity work as well as football.   

[/quote]And it''s hardly an objective piece, to be fair.  It reads as if we''re mid-table and certain to stay up rather than one point worse off than last year with a mismatched squad which in thin in critical areas.  It is too light on Roeder''s appalling behaviour towards the fans.  It speculates on whether Jewell would have been a worse appointment and rakes over his discrepancies in fairly bad taste - for family club scandal, shall we talk about Matty Pattison and how the club stood by him for breaking the law, something a marital affair is not?"I am relieved we didn''t get Ince or Jewell. I think we''ve got a jewel."Never mind the Carrow Road mouthpiece, I think we''ve got a Carrow Road ringpiece.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]Yes but Mick Dennis is right. None of you muppets have come up with a suitable alternative. You just want your pound of flesh and to hell with the consequences. You all think everything is so simple by getting rid of the ''problem'', but despite all the bleating, whining and bitching, not one of you has come up with a solid solution. You''ll keep blowing this house down until we''re absolutely f*cked and then wonder why the club has collapsed. Well shame on you.[/quote]Nonsense.  The suitable alternative is to scout out promising young managerial talent, sound them out and then recruit them.  Something we did back in the day with a chap called Martin O''Neill.  You might have heard of him.It''s not the lack of suitable alternatives, it''s the lack of willingness by the powers that be to embrace the obvious alternative.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]Yes but Mick Dennis is right. None of you muppets have come up with a suitable alternative. You just want your pound of flesh and to hell with the consequences. You all think everything is so simple by getting rid of the ''problem'', but despite all the bleating, whining and bitching, not one of you has come up with a solid solution. You''ll keep blowing this house down until we''re absolutely f*cked and then wonder why the club has collapsed. Well shame on you.[/quote]Oh shame on you sir. I never said I disagreed with Mick Dennis but I do think that his tone and writing style is nothing but defensive of club at all times and against any sort of partisan or even anybody who''s against the status quo at the club.The reality is, if we rush into a decision about a new manager we will mess it up like we have done the past 2 times. Why can''t we go out and look at prospectives in-depth rather than the half-boiled "interviews" and "chats" that Mick seems to be describing in his article. We''ve been going for the easy way and well surprise surprise it hasn''t worked. It doesn''t take a rocket scientist to look at Glenn Roeder''s record and get a deep sense of 2nd-season syndrome. Did anybody at the club see this, ask him about it? What was the plan after staying up (if we made it at the time). None of these questions have been asked or answered. The club seems in just as much as a mess as it was before. But Mick wouldn''t tell you that would he?....

is Mick Dennis? on myfootballwriter .com saying delia and michael will be brave and not sack roeder, his opinion,

who on earth is he?

[/quote]

Norwich fan, former Sports Editor of the Evening Standard, Football Corr for the Daily Express, writes a column for them, freelance writer also for the BBC,  Mirror, Sunday Times and elsewhere.  Author of a couple of football books.  Qualified ref although whether he does any reffing these days I do not know.

[/quote]Yes but what does he know? Just becuase he has spent a lifetime watching and reporting upon football and is a qualified ref doesn''t mean that he knows anything. Some of us know far more than he does and we don''t even go to games! He has demonstrated his complete lack of understanding by suggesting that Roeder knows something about football.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]Yes but Mick Dennis is right. None of you muppets have come up with a suitable alternative. You just want your pound of flesh and to hell with the consequences. You all think everything is so simple by getting rid of the ''problem'', but despite all the bleating, whining and bitching, not one of you has come up with a solid solution. You''ll keep blowing this house down until we''re absolutely f*cked and then wonder why the club has collapsed. Well shame on you.[/quote]Nonsense.  The suitable alternative is to scout out promising young managerial talent, sound them out and then recruit them.  Something we did back in the day with a chap called Martin O''Neill.  You might have heard of him.It''s not the lack of suitable alternatives, it''s the lack of willingness by the powers that be to embrace the obvious alternative.[/quote]Yes, but unfortunately I suspect that for every Martin O''Neill there are several Peter Grants ........

Although I can see where Mick Dennis is coming from (I''m hopelessly trying to keep an open mind on Roeder), the trouble I have with him and Waghorn is that they are so cosied up with the football club, it means everything they write is from the same angle.  It wouldn''t matter if Norwich were mid-table, 5th from bottom, or actually bottom of the league, because Dennis would say the same thing anyway.  Mick and Rick have been defending the board year after year despite their appalling leadership, and backed Worthington to the hilt even when his time was clearly up.  There was a slight wavering against Peter Grant but even then there was no real backlash until he quit.

Pity, cause I always found them good writers in the past but their articles are too unbalanced to be worth reading now.

Give Roeder another season, and get behind him. How does anyone know he doesn''t have a good third season in him? How do we know this any more than whether any other manager will do well? We don''t, but we know he''s capable of getting in good players and playing good football. But it needs time to come together. This constant yo-yo-ing is no good for anyone. Mick Dennis maybe an ass-kisser but he''s dead right that if Stef and Kennedy had been fit we would be much better off. People here need to understand this is not the premier league, where you can sack a manager and chuck money at the problem. We need stability and it has to start now. Then maybe we can attract an investor. Because right now, who would want to buy a club that has had four managers in four years? Yes, the board have messed up and should go, but they cannot just leave without there being a plan. Until someone - anyone (it could be you!) comes up with a viable alternative, we have to stay with what we have because otherwise we''ll have NOTHING, and then you''ll all be wondering why an earth you forced people out without considering the consequences. If you want change, stop rocking the boat and start being be constructive for the god of our club. That''s if you''re not too scared to come out from behind your computer screen...

So we just keep quiet let Roeder take us down and hope he has a good season next year , as for getting behind him that might be easier if he wasnt such a horrid individual who has only himself to blame for being so disliked .

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]Yes but Mick Dennis is right. None of you muppets have come up with a suitable alternative. You just want your pound of flesh and to hell with the consequences. You all think everything is so simple by getting rid of the ''problem'', but despite all the bleating, whining and bitching, not one of you has come up with a solid solution. You''ll keep blowing this house down until we''re absolutely f*cked and then wonder why the club has collapsed. Well shame on you.[/quote]Nonsense.  The suitable alternative is to scout out promising young managerial talent, sound them out and then recruit them.  Something we did back in the day with a chap called Martin O''Neill.  You might have heard of him.It''s not the lack of suitable alternatives, it''s the lack of willingness by the powers that be to embrace the obvious alternative.[/quote]Yes, but unfortunately I suspect that for every Martin O''Neill there are several Peter Grants ........[/quote]Oh well, if it''s difficult then let''s just not bother.

[quote user="The Butler"]

You are all missing the main point. He thinks he''s right and everyone else is wrong.

Who else do we know like that?

First his pal GR (Well must support him)

Next DS and WJ (well we must support them)

The rest is just padding to fill 2 pages. I know more but can''t tell. Yep been there and seen several of late on this forum.

I was misled by someone at the club maybe he is as well.

Your turn for the roundabout MD enjoy the dizzy spin.

[/quote]

Many posters on here hold strong views (either way) and express them strongly like all football message boards  Whenever I read them I  naturally assume that they think they are right!

I can''t see any difference between Mick Dennis,  my football writer and this message board - in both cases if it is an opinion you hold you write it surely?

It doesn''t mean that everyone has to agree with that opinion does it but you''re entitled to say what you think which, as I see it, is what he has done.  No different than from on here is it?

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]Give Roeder another season, and get behind him. How does anyone know he doesn''t have a good third season in him? How do we know this any more than whether any other manager will do well? We don''t, but we know he''s capable of getting in good players and playing good football. But it needs time to come together. This constant yo-yo-ing is no good for anyone. Mick Dennis maybe an ass-kisser but he''s dead right that if Stef and Kennedy had been fit we would be much better off. People here need to understand this is not the premier league, where you can sack a manager and chuck money at the problem. We need stability and it has to start now. Then maybe we can attract an investor. Because right now, who would want to buy a club that has had four managers in four years? Yes, the board have messed up and should go, but they cannot just leave without there being a plan. Until someone - anyone (it could be you!) comes up with a viable alternative, we have to stay with what we have because otherwise we''ll have NOTHING, and then you''ll all be wondering why an earth you forced people out without considering the consequences. If you want change, stop rocking the boat and start being be constructive for the god of our club. That''s if you''re not too scared to come out from behind your computer screen...[/quote]The line "but who else is there" is trotted out continuously by those that defend our failing managers. I accept that we have bigger problems than just the manager which will make it a tricky job for most candidates but I am also convinced there are others out there who would be able to get this squad of players more motivated and playing better on a regular basis primarily on the basis that those managers are not complete b**tards who fall out with any layers with a semblance of skill or talent. Consequently, on balance, I think its worth the risk if only because the new manager effect might see us get enough points to stay up. There are actually a large number of reasonable candidates out there if you look hard enough. Curishley (unrealistic I accept but you never know), Dowie, Boothroyd, Tilson are all half decent options. Personally though I would like to see us go for someone like Mark Robins who seems to be doing a good job under tough circumstances at Rotherham.

[quote user="shefcanary"]This could well be a part of an orchestrated PR stunt from the club to prop up Roeder.  You could tell by the "shaky timbre" in his voice in the Radio Norfolk interview on Saturday that GR is lacking confidence now - the fans who he so strives to ginore are getting to him at last.  Should have shown more respect and a little dash of humility - maybe he''ll recognise that at his next job managing Burton Albion perhaps?[/quote]

Roeder wouldn''t be good enough for my village Sunday League team let alone a team thats currently looking a good bet to get promoted into the Football League!

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Butler"]

You are all missing the main point. He thinks he''s right and everyone else is wrong.

The rest is just padding to fill 2 pages. I know more but can''t tell. Yep been there and seen several of late on this forum.

[/quote]

Many posters on here hold strong views (either way) and express them strongly like all football message boards  Whenever I read them I  naturally assume that they think they are right!

I can''t see any difference between Mick Dennis,  my football writer and this message board - in both cases if it is an opinion you hold you write it surely?

It doesn''t mean that everyone has to agree with that opinion does it but you''re entitled to say what you think which, as I see it, is what he has done.  No different than from on here is it?

[/quote]

Yes, but we don''t go to Delia''s dinner parties, cosy drinky poo''s and luvverly luncheons....So therefore, it''s not an unbiased independent view by him or Wagtail - as one''s an apparent personal and close friend of the major shareholding duo - and t''other, is a lapdog who''s fed tit bits by the club media.....

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]Give Roeder another season, and get behind him. How does anyone know he doesn''t have a good third season in him? How do we know this any more than whether any other manager will do well? We don''t, but we know he''s capable of getting in good players and playing good football. But it needs time to come together. This constant yo-yo-ing is no good for anyone. Mick Dennis maybe an ass-kisser but he''s dead right that if Stef and Kennedy had been fit we would be much better off. People here need to understand this is not the premier league, where you can sack a manager and chuck money at the problem. We need stability and it has to start now. Then maybe we can attract an investor. Because right now, who would want to buy a club that has had four managers in four years? Yes, the board have messed up and should go, but they cannot just leave without there being a plan. Until someone - anyone (it could be you!) comes up with a viable alternative, we have to stay with what we have because otherwise we''ll have NOTHING, and then you''ll all be wondering why an earth you forced people out without considering the consequences. If you want change, stop rocking the boat and start being be constructive for the god of our club. That''s if you''re not too scared to come out from behind your computer screen...[/quote]

The line "but who else is there" is trotted out continuously by those that defend our failing managers. I accept that we have bigger problems than just the manager which will make it a tricky job for most candidates but I am also convinced there are others out there who would be able to get this squad of players more motivated and playing better on a regular basis primarily on the basis that those managers are not complete b**tards who fall out with any layers with a semblance of skill or talent. Consequently, on balance, I think its worth the risk if only because the new manager effect might see us get enough points to stay up. There are actually a large number of reasonable candidates out there if you look hard enough. Curishley (unrealistic I accept but you never know), Dowie, Boothroyd, Tilson are all half decent options. Personally though I would like to see us go for someone like Mark Robins who seems to be doing a good job under tough circumstances at Rotherham.
[/quote]Very good call, think he would be a excellent choice, for me it would have to be someone with connections with the club, someone who would put the passion back in the club, ie big malkey, boothroyd, crook or as you say mark robins, bottom line is somebody needs to come in and give the players a massive lift and get us out of this position that roeder has put us in!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but we don''t go to Delia''s dinner parties, cosy drinky poo''s and luvverly luncheons....So therefore, it''s not an unbiased independent view by him or Wagtail - as one''s an apparent personal and close friend of the major shareholding duo - and t''other, is a lapdog who''s fed tit bits by the club media.....

[/quote]

Okay, would any of that matter if he/they expressed a view you agreed with?

Or would you disallow your agreement on the grounds of dinner parties, cosy drinky poo''s and luvverly luncheons?

[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or would you disallow your agreement on the grounds of dinner parties, cosy drinky poo''s and luvverly luncheons?

[/quote]

No, he''s never expressed a view I''ve actually agreed with - and I personally don''t like him or his style....and My Football Writer isn''t my cup of cocoa.....And Wagtail writes weak warblin'' words....(weekly). I thought that when Wagtail left Archant, he''d get into the craw of the club....He didn''t....

I personally do think that attending dinner parties, having cosy drinky poo''s and luvverly luncheons hosted by the major-shareholders, might just influence the grateful and suitably impressed sporty journo - to  write kissy an'' nice positive things about the hostess with the mostest.....and may be encouraged to say ''orrible stuff - about a nasty billionaire man who''s nastier than the nastiest thing that has ever been nasty.....(a bit like you do really)..... 

"Fortunately, despite assertions to the contrary, the anti-Roeder mob do not represent the majority opinion."How does he know that? The EDP online poll suggests otherwise. (Currently 77% out - and only 22% supporting)

who on earth is he?

[/quote]

[/quote]

And which paper do you work for?

Controversially i think his article, whilst i dont agree with everything in it, sums it up quite well for me.

I dont think the Roeder out feeling on this message board is representative at all of the followers I speak to at all.  If the results, and subsequent league slide, continue at they have done then this will of course change.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, he''s never expressed a view I''ve actually agreed with - and I personally don''t like him or his style....and My Football Writer isn''t my cup of cocoa.....And Wagtail writes weak warblin'' words....(weekly). I thought that when Wagtail left Archant, he''d get into the craw of the club....He didn''t....

I personally do think that attending dinner parties, having cosy drinky poo''s and luvverly luncheons hosted by the major-shareholders, might just influence the grateful and suitably impressed sporty journo - to  write kissy an'' nice positive things about the hostess with the mostest.....and may be encouraged to say ''orrible stuff - about a nasty billionaire man who''s nastier than the nastiest thing that has ever been nasty.....(a bit like you do really)..... 

[/quote]

It''s attending the dinner parties, having cosy drinky poo''s and luvverly luncheons where you *may* actually pick up the real stuff, rather than the turgid crap put out by the Press Office.

It was at a drinky poo when the Member for Norwich South first told an interested journalist from The Times that he thought Tony Blair was a complete **** who hated him personally and would put him down if given any opportunity (One of the few occasions when Blair got it right).

Bring them on, I say.

Of course it''s what you do with it but it''s the life and breath of this business as opposed to the Press Office. 

The Press Office is the LAST place you go if you think the story really matters.  It''s at the drinky poo''s etc that you swop mobile numbers....you never know when they might come in useful. 

Drinky poo''s are wonderful for stories.  You may have to sit on some of them but it''s often good.

Here is a non football drinky poo story.  Chatting with a fairly well known MP on a Terrace Bar drinky poo we got chatting and agreed there was a good story.  "I''ll ring you at home next week."  "Don''t ring home," he said.  "I''m not there much at the moment."  He provided another number answered by a lady many miles from the matrimonial home.

"Can I take your number?" she said.  "I''m expecting him about midnight."

We rang the matrimonial home cos we smelled a rat.

Matrimonial home: "I''m sorry, I have no idea where he is at the moment"

The "story" suddenly changed.

Drinky poo''s are good.

[:P]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s attending the dinner parties, having cosy drinky poo''s and luvverly luncheons where you *may* actually pick up the real stuff, rather than the turgid crap put out by the Press Office.

It was at a drinky poo when the Member for Norwich South first told an interested journalist from The Times that he thought Tony Blair was a complete **** who hated him personally and would put him down if given any opportunity (One of the few occasions when Blair got it right).

Bring them on, I say.

Of course it''s what you do with it but it''s the life and breath of this business as opposed to the Press Office. 

The Press Office is the LAST place you go if you think the story really matters.  It''s at the drinky poo''s etc that you swop mobile numbers....you never know when they might come in useful. 

Drinky poo''s are wonderful for stories.  You may have to sit on some of them but it''s often good.

Here is a non football drinky poo story.  Chatting with a fairly well known MP on a Terrace Bar drinky poo we got chatting and agreed there was a good story.  "I''ll ring you at home next week."  "Don''t ring home," he said.  "I''m not there much at the moment."  He provided another number answered by a lady many miles from the matrimonial home.

"Can I take your number?" she said.  "I''m expecting him about midnight."

We rang the matrimonial home cos we smelled a rat.

Matrimonial home: "I''m sorry, I have no idea where he is at the moment"

The "story" suddenly changed.

Drinky poo''s are good.

[:P]

[/quote]WTF are you babbling on about???