Sign in to follow this  
3canaries

Await the Pink'un back lash........

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Grando"]Is it not slightly naive to assume that the Mick Dennis who has just posted on here is in fact the real Mick Dennis? Why do I say this? Because: I''m Mick Dennis![/quote]

If you are the DailyExpress Mick Dennis what is the Daily Express payment code for contributions to The World''s Greatest Newspaper as opposed to those for the Daily Star?

[:P]

[/quote]

Having read what Mick Dennis has posted earlier, there''s a few snippets on there which have made me 100% sure it is him.

I''m rarely in agreement with any of his NCFC articles, but at least he''s made the time to post on this message board.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Hi Mick,

2 quick questions if I may - based on this :

Points per game per manager from John Bond to now (assuming 3 pts for a win)

1.76 Martin O Neill - 26 games
1.59 Nigel Worthington - 280 games
1.48 Ken Brown - 367 games
1.42 Dave Stringer - 229 games
1.41 Mike Walker - 179 games
1.32 Peter Grant - 47 games
1.30 Bruce Rioch - 93 games
1.26 John Bond - 340 games
1.23 Glenn Roeder - 61 games
1.14 Bryan Hamilton - 35 games
1.05 John Deehan - 58 games

...And our current league status - 26 points from 26 games.  If we continue at the rate of Roeders'' points per game of 1.23, we will amass another 24 points from the remaining 20 league games. 

1) Will 50 points be enough to avoid relegation ?

2) How long should we continue to give a manager who has proven to be only marginally more successful than Bryan Hamilton, who was only given 35 games ?

I''d argue that if we had to pay compensation to another club for a manager with proven success at championship level, then it would be a price worth paying, as the boss gets to play with 8 million pounds per season.  We should also be approaching people, instead of inviting them for interviews, as the best candidates are very rarely unemployed for long.

[/quote]

Or, if you happen to be a Roeder supporter,

2) How long should we continue to give a manager who has proven to be only marginally less successful than John Bond, who was given 340 games ?

[quote user="The 4th Official"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Hi Mick,2 quick questions if I may - based on this :Points per game per manager from John Bond to now (assuming 3 pts for a win)1.76 Martin O Neill - 26 games1.59 Nigel Worthington - 280 games1.48 Ken Brown - 367 games1.42 Dave Stringer - 229 games1.41 Mike Walker - 179 games1.32 Peter Grant - 47 games1.30 Bruce Rioch - 93 games 1.26 John Bond - 340 games1.23 Glenn Roeder - 61 games1.14 Bryan Hamilton - 35 games1.05 John Deehan - 58 games...And our current league status - 26 points from 26 games.  If we continue at the rate of Roeders'' points per game of 1.23, we will amass another 24 points from the remaining 20 league games.  1) Will 50 points be enough to avoid relegation ? 2) How long should we continue to give a manager who has proven to be only marginally more successful than Bryan Hamilton, who was only given 35 games ?I''d argue that if we had to pay compensation to another club for a manager with proven success at championship level, then it would be a price worth paying, as the boss gets to play with 8 million pounds per season.  We should also be approaching people, instead of inviting them for interviews, as the best candidates are very rarely unemployed for long.[/quote]

2) How long should we continue to give a manager who has proven to be only marginally less successful than John Bond, who was given 340 games ?

[/quote]Good point. The constant revolving door approach doesn''t show any sign

of being a success does it now? Particularly if you split the Walker

years between the successful period where he took Stringer''s team to

success before legging to Everton and the second period after he

flopped when he came back and flopped again.

The Bond, Brown & Stringer years were happy times for a City fan

and what they have in common is long tenure. Worthy prompted a

mini-renaissance over a period of time and we haven''t progressed at all

since we sacked him

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="steve o"]

is Mick Dennis? on myfootballwriter .com saying delia and michael will be brave and not sack roeder, his opinion,

the anti roeder mob do not represent the majoritys opinion, his opinion,

insane to get rid of roeder full stop, again his opinion,

who on earth is he?

[/quote]

Norwich fan, former Sports Editor of the Evening Standard, Football Corr for the Daily Express, writes a column for them, freelance writer also for the BBC,  Mirror, Sunday Times and elsewhere.  Author of a couple of football books.  Qualified ref although whether he does any reffing these days I do not know.

Knows Glenn through charity work as well as football.   

[/quote]

You missed out the fact he is good firends with delia and michael which is why he is unlikely to slag them off.

Who is this clown?'''' If we''d managed to go through the season with Dejan Stefanovic and John

Kennedy at centre-back, we''d have shipped far fewer goals. The problem,

as always, is that we don''t have a couple of 20-goal strikers. ''''
And who''s fault is that Mick? Its Roeder''s for relying on 2 aging injury prone defenders, not getting a 20 goal striker, or at least getting him and leaving him on the bench all season behind Sibierski and Russell, those other ''20 goal strikers''.

[quote]

2) How long should we continue to give a manager who has proven to

be only marginally less successful than John Bond, who was given 340

games ?[/quote]John Bond kept us in the top flight for 6 seasons.NCFC league record from 73 - 80.73 / 74 - 7w 15d 20l - Div 1 (22nd)74 / 75 - 20w 13d 9l - Div 2 (3rd)75 / 76 - 16w 10d 16l - Div 1 (10th)76 / 77 - 14w 9d 19l - Div 1 (16th)77 / 78 - 11w 18d 13l - Div 1 (13th)78 / 79 - 7w 23d 12l - Div 1 (16th)79 / 80 - 13w 14d 15l - Div 1 (12th)Glenn Roeder is on the verge of getting us relegated into the 3rd tier of english football.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

[/quote]

John Bond kept us in the top flight for 6 seasons.

NCFC league record from 73 - 80.

73 / 74 - 7w 15d 20l - Div 1 (22nd)
74 / 75 - 20w 13d 9l - Div 2 (3rd)
75 / 76 - 16w 10d 16l - Div 1 (10th)
76 / 77 - 14w 9d 19l - Div 1 (16th)
77 / 78 - 11w 18d 13l - Div 1 (13th)
78 / 79 - 7w 23d 12l - Div 1 (16th)
79 / 80 - 13w 14d 15l - Div 1 (12th)

Glenn Roeder is on the verge of getting us relegated into the 3rd tier of english football.

[/quote]

Same stats used to prove both points of view. Which one of you is the "Spin Meister"?

[;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

[/quote]

Glenn Roeder is on the verge of getting us relegated into the 3rd tier of english football.

[/quote]

And yet there are still those who would back GR even if the worst were to happen and we get relegated.  Their decisions at the end of the day.

Personally I don''t see the board sacking him any time soon.

So we better hold on tight, it may be a real rough ride.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And yet there are still those who would back GR even if the worst were to happen and we get relegated.  Their decisions at the end of the day.

Personally I don''t see the board sacking him any time soon.

So we better hold on tight, it may be a real rough ride.

[/quote]

Lol, I can''t remember the last time we had an easy one!

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]He isn''t me, by the way. Neither am I he.[/quote]

I know that.  The Mick Dennis who posted on this thread is the real Mick Dennis.