Sign in to follow this  
3canaries

Await the Pink'un back lash........

TBH you have to take a view on these things.

I don''t think there are many managers out there who would do a significantly better job than Roeder in the current circumstances...but there are some who would.

With hindsight, no doubt not appointing Jewell was the right move, i doubt he will get many decent offers in the future either after the mess he has left at Derby.

Ince on the other hand, i beg to differ. I think his jump to the Premier League was too much in one go but i have no doubt he will come good again somewhere else.

I couldn''t care less what respected (sic) journalist Dick Menace has to say after watching us probably twice a season all expenses paid, he''s clearly as drunk as a Suffolk chef if he thinks a. Roeder is a jewel  b. our passing is a joy to behold and c. our squad is far better than last year, an opinion that can only be formed from watching us after being plyed with free booze.

[quote user="whoareyou"]

TBH you have to take a view on these things.

I don''t think there are many managers out there who would do a significantly better job than Roeder in the current circumstances...but there are some who would.

With hindsight, no doubt not appointing Jewell was the right move, i doubt he will get many decent offers in the future either after the mess he has left at Derby.

Ince on the other hand, i beg to differ. I think his jump to the Premier League was too much in one go but i have no doubt he will come good again somewhere else.

[/quote]

I rather suspect that Ince is another Roeder. The business of not taking his badges suggests an "I''m better than the rest mentality", and its clear that he lost the dressing room very quickly ( if indeed he ever had it) at Blackburn. He remains completely unproven in the top two levels.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]I couldn''t care less what respected (sic) journalist Dick Menace has to say after watching us probably twice a season all expenses paid, he''s clearly as drunk as a Suffolk chef if he thinks a. Roeder is a jewel  b. our passing is a joy to behold and c. our squad is far better than last year, an opinion that can only be formed from watching us after being plyed with free booze.[/quote]

LOL!

is Mick Dennis? on myfootballwriter .com saying delia and michael will be brave and not sack roeder, his opinion,

the anti roeder mob do not represent the majoritys opinion, his opinion,

insane to get rid of roeder full stop, again his opinion,

who on earth is he?

Wouldn''t surprise me if Dennis the Pennis and Whack Ringworm contribute to this forum in some shape or another.....The aforementioned ''sports journo'' is a regular at Carra - and is regularly sat next to our ''Deals no Deals'' in the Directionless Box.....As for our Whack? Well, he doesn''t bite the hands that feed him at the club.....Both are NCFC Board luvvies.....Not too difficult to work that out, is it?[^o)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Wouldn''t surprise me if Dennis the Pennis and Whack Ringworm contribute to this forum in some shape or another.....The aforementioned ''sports journo'' is a regular at Carra - and is regularly sat next to our ''Deals no Deals'' in the Directionless Box.....As for our Whack? Well, he doesn''t bite the hands that feed him at the club.....Both are NCFC Board luvvies.....Not too difficult to work that out, is it?[^o)]

[/quote]

Mick Dennis has certainly posted on WOTB so it wouldn''t surprise me if he''s been on here too.

Mick Dennis could have picked any manager''s name and used it. What does it prove? Some would have done worse, some better, but all we have to go on is the manager in charge. I don''t know much about the chap (Dennis) and don''t subscribe to Football Writer, but it''s all opinions, and he doesn''t like some of them on here. Does that make them any less valid? Or his more so? Some will no doubt agree with him, and some won''t.

What matters is where we are in the league under the tenure of Mr Roeder and Mick Dennis can paint that picture as rosily as he likes, we are still in deep trouble at the wrong end of the table.

i don''t actually think delia will be that pleased with him 4 saying that they''ll stick with roeder and not sack him because if we lose the next 2 or 3 games then they know that they have no choice

[quote user="steve o"]

is Mick Dennis? on myfootballwriter .com saying delia and michael will be brave and not sack roeder, his opinion,

who on earth is he?

[/quote]GR male lover.....

[quote user="steve o"]

who on earth is he?

[/quote]

Norwich fan, former Sports Editor of the Evening Standard, Football Corr for the Daily Express, writes a column for them, freelance writer also for the BBC,  Mirror, Sunday Times and elsewhere.  Author of a couple of football books.  Qualified ref although whether he does any reffing these days I do not know.

Knows Glenn through charity work as well as football.   

Dennis is and always has been Smith and Jones''s puppet. As said earlier in the thread, they treat him to a free lunch and off he goes gushing the love. Well Mr Dennis, time to wake up and smell the coffee.

I agree we do have some good players(on their day) but a manager who has no idea how to get them going and is technically(football wise)clueless.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Norwich fan, former Sports Editor of the Evening Standard, Football Corr for the Daily Express, writes a column for them, freelance writer also for the BBC,  Mirror, Sunday Times and elsewhere.  Author of a couple of football books.  Qualified ref although whether he does any reffing these days I do not know.

Knows Glenn through charity work as well as football.   

[/quote]You missed his tenure as England Manager.[:P]

[quote user="steve o"]

who on earth is he?

[/quote]

A bit of a plank obviously in thinking Roeders good for our club!

Roeder out!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

I agree we do have some good players(on their day) but a manager who has no idea how to get them going and is technically(football wise)clueless.

[/quote]Totally agree with this [Y]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Dennis is and always has been Smith and Jones''s puppet. As said earlier in the thread, they treat him to a free lunch and off he goes gushing the love. Well Mr Dennis, time to wake up and smell the coffee.

[/quote]so if dennis is good friends with delia and he claims that they''re not going to sack roeder, then maybe she''s told him that she''s not going to, would be pretty stupid to tell someone that though in the position we''re in!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]

Totally agree with this [Y]
[/quote]

Surely, ''good players'' should be self-motivated?......Chris Hoy ''Olympian'' doesn''t have to be motivated to climb out of his warm bed by his mum shoutin'' up the stairs tellin'' him to get up - and then pump his tyres up for him - before he screams around an indoor velo circuit for a few hours......

Hoy has a hunger for success and has reaped the rewards for his personal commitment....He makes footballers look like idle in-actives....(of which some are!)....

If Hoy doesn''t perform to his personal peak? He gets nothing.....A footballer flops and flounders about - and he still gets his plentiful ''hard-earned 2 hours work a day'' - salary....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]Totally agree with this [Y][/quote]

Surely, ''good players'' should be self-motivated?......Chris Hoy ''Olympian'' doesn''t have to be motivated to climb out of his warm bed by his mum shoutin'' up the stairs tellin'' him to get up - and then pump his tyres up for him - before he screams around an indoor velo circuit for a few hours......

[/quote]If you read Hoy''s book, you''ll find Mick Dennis knocks him up

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]so if dennis is good friends with delia and he claims that they''re not going to sack roeder, then maybe she''s told him that she''s not going to, would be pretty stupid to tell someone that though in the position we''re in![/quote]

Nail hit on head. I always used to quite like Dennis as he has generally stuck up for us in the national media and has managed to annoy fans of quite a few other clubs through having digs at them. He is clearly a Norwich fan. However he and Waghorn are also pals of Delia and MWJ and over the last couple of years have regularly used their platform on Waghorn''s site to filter into the public domain bits and peices on behalf our current owners hence the rather noticeable anti cullum stance that site has tended to take which i think has done neither of them (as professional journos) very much credit. Nothing wrong with that I suppose if thats their view (after all you could say that archant has been pro cullum in a similar vein and they are writing opinion peices) but important to recognise where the article is coming from. If he is peddling these sort of thoughts then I would be amazed if it is not as a result of having had some recent ocnversations with Delia and MWJ and probably quite accurately reflects their current thinking.

You are all missing the main point. He thinks he''s right and everyone else is wrong.

Who else do we know like that?

First his pal GR (Well must support him)

Next DS and WJ (well we must support them)

The rest is just padding to fill 2 pages. I know more but can''t tell. Yep been there and seen several of late on this forum.

I was misled by someone at the club maybe he is as well.

Your turn for the roundabout MD enjoy the dizzy spin.

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]so if dennis is good friends with delia and he claims that they''re not going to sack roeder, then maybe she''s told him that she''s not going to, would be pretty stupid to tell someone that though in the position we''re in![/quote]I would say he has inside information , he seems pretty certain Roeder wont be sacked . As for calling Roeder a jewel  oh dear if Delia thinks of him in the same way this club is truly fcuked .

"appoint an unproven manager with apparent potential or someone who has lost his job elsewhere" - and what else would we get? A manager with lots of experience, who''s never had a job? What a load of utter tosh.

He says he knows little, and his article reflects it, hearsay and rubbish.

This could well be a part of an orchestrated PR stunt from the club to prop up Roeder.  You could tell by the "shaky timbre" in his voice in the Radio Norfolk interview on Saturday that GR is lacking confidence now - the fans who he so strives to ginore are getting to him at last.  Should have shown more respect and a little dash of humility - maybe he''ll recognise that at his next job managing Burton Albion perhaps?