Sign in to follow this  
Delia, When Do I Start??

***OFFICIAL SHEFF UTD MATCH THREAD***

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Hear on the Beeb that Wolves fans are booing their own team (no change there then) - OK they''re losing at home to PNE but FFS they''re top!  Fickle Wolves b**tards as normal![/quote]

...that really is pathetic, their supporters deserve absolutely nothing but it does (sadly) look like they won''t blow it this time.

[quote user="Steve H"]

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]Have we even looked like scoreing today? I haven''t even botherd to listen to the pain of listening to Norwich City away, it''s too much to take! I wont let this football club get me down no more, far too often in recent years I have spent the most part of my weekend feeling very upset and annoyed at my clubs performance over the weekend, I wont no more, i''ll just try my best to ignore my emotions towards the club and therefore do the best to enjoy my weekend.[/quote]

Hit the post twice and been causing a lot of trouble with our crossing, Lupoli''s had a few shots around the penalty area.

Real problem is the defence it sounds like Sheff Utd could have had at least 2 maybe more with ease.

It sounds like we''ve kept on playing but are ultimately not good enough.

[/quote]

our biggest problem is not the players - its the team. no real direction on the pitch, no leadership off the pitch. we need a proper captain and a proper manager as let''s face it the quality in this league is poor, and it only takes a little winning streak to move you up the league. the scum have rubbish players IMO, and not that great a team spirit, but they''re not that far from play-offs

Poor decision from Bell, we dominate the last 10 minutes and have five in the box so he shoots instead of knocking it in to the tall players we do have in the team, all in the area.

All over I fear

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Hear on the Beeb that Wolves fans are booing their own team (no change there then) - OK they''re losing at home to PNE but FFS they''re top!  Fickle Wolves b**tards as normal![/quote]

They should save their Boo''s for next season when they are getting threashed every week in the Premiership, fickle bunch indeed!

Bloody hell - match stats per BBC, us first:

Possession: 58 : 42

Shots on:     7 : 6

Shots off:     2 : 4

we just haven''t really seemed to ever quite get what we deserve this season.  Ho hum.

The next 2 games, against iffy sides and at home, are really big.

So there''s another game where we''ve seemingly had a good proportion of the play, where we''ve apparently played 1 up front and where we''ve consistently failed to either score let alone win the match.   Surely the board need to be looking at the management and coaching of the team - surely they can''t think that Roeder is the man to lead us to the promised land - and by that I mean mid-table mediocrity!!!!!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

we just haven''t really seemed to ever quite get what we deserve this season.  Ho hum.

[/quote]

We get exactly what we deserve. Goals and strikers win games. We can''t score and we have no strikers. And only one man can be blamed for that. One man. He must be sacked. I am fuming tonight.

And it sounded like Billy Sharpe was clean through and fell over at one point. So it''s horses for courses when it comes to stats on a game - they often disguise the quality of the chances (eg a weak header from 10 yards on target looks good on stats, but was never more than a half chance when the other side might have created two or three outstanding chances only for our goalkeeper to excel).

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

Oh yes we have (as it''s the panto season)

1-3 Swansea

1-2 Derby (10 men)

0-1 QPR (10 men)

2-3 Forest

Three good perfoemances - Birmingham, Woves and Ipswich, the rest have been average at best and some have been positively dire.

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]So there''s another game where we''ve seemingly had a good proportion of the play, where we''ve apparently played 1 up front and where we''ve consistently failed to either score let alone win the match.   Surely the board need to be looking at the management and coaching of the team - surely they can''t think that Roeder is the man to lead us to the promised land - and by that I mean mid-table mediocrity!!!!!
[/quote]

See what you are saying, but it is often a close thing between being in the crapper as we are and being pretty ok in this league: it is about 5 times now where we have had games that we''ve lost and come away wondering quite how (Watford, Coventry, today come immediately to mind) - had we got something from them, we''d have been sitting ok....and we''d have also been much more willing to accept the ''strange'' playing decisions that the management seem to make at times (as is ever the case).  As it is, we lost all those games and are paying the price.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

1-3 Swansea

1-2 Derby (10 men)

0-1 QPR (10 men)

2-3 Forest

Three good perfoemances - Birmingham, Woves and Ipswich, the rest have been average at best and some have been positively dire.

[/quote]

I don''t agree.  Of course we have played badly at times, only a fool would say otherwise - but the point is that we lost those games you mention.  The difference is that all too often we have lost matches that we should have got something from.  It is the fact that when we have played well we have often not got what we desereve that is galling.  We might as well have played crap today, for all the difference it made to the result. 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

1-3 Swansea

1-2 Derby (10 men)

0-1 QPR (10 men)

2-3 Forest

[/quote]

I don''t agree.  Of course we have played badly at times, only a fool would say otherwise - but the point is that we lost those games you mention.  The difference is that all too often we have lost matches that we should have got something from.  It is the fact that when we have played well we have often not got what we desereve that is galling.  We might as well have played crap today, for all the difference it made to the result. 

[/quote]

No matter how you keep trying to polish the sloppy turd that is this club (including this current squad at NCFC), and the bloody fact I don''t fuggin'' actually give a baboon''s ar$e what the Wolves fans are bleating and booing about. You make your own luck in football, and shouldn''t rely on other teams performances and results. Why can''t folk accept that our board of Directionless are clueless -and as MWJ stated at the AGM - that they haven''t got a plan, are totally devoid of any ideas; and then asked if the audience had any ideas on what they should do.....Whilst a smug and bespectacled chap on a healthy club salary - that is somewhere in the region of £180,000 per annum, sat motionless and tight-lipped.....

The board are a gaggle of charlatan chumps, the CE is out of his depth, the squad aren''t performing as a team or unit, the manager is a pile of poop - and the club is in freefall with no Direction, Leadership, Ideas or Responsibility and is SPINELESS...Bunch o'' fuggin'' lightweights - and those fans who support them, are themselves floating around in la la land - and are as blinkered and inflated with as much helium - as those incompetent incumbents, who are noticeable by their current absence....

This club is a joke.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

1-3 Swansea

1-2 Derby (10 men)

0-1 QPR (10 men)

2-3 Forest

[/quote]

[/quote]

No matter how you keep trying to polish the sloppy turd that is this club (including this current squad at NCFC), and the bloody fact I don''t fuggin'' actually give a baboon''s ar$e what the Wolves fans are bleating and booing about. You make your own luck in football, and shouldn''t rely on other teams performances and results. Why can''t folk accept that our board of Directionless are clueless -and as MWJ stated at the AGM - that they haven''t got a plan, are totally devoid of any ideas; and then asked if the audience had any ideas on what they should do.....Whilst a smug and bespectacled chap on a healthy club salary - that is somewhere in the region of £180,000 per annum, sat motionless and tight-lipped.....

The board are a gaggle of charlatan chumps, the CE is out of his depth, the squad aren''t performing as a team or unit, the manager is a pile of poop - and the club is in freefall with no Direction, Leadership, Ideas or Responsibility and is SPINELESS...Bunch o'' fuggin'' lightweights - and those fans who support them, are themselves floating around in la la land - and are as blinkered and inflated with as much helium - as those incompetent incumbents, who are noticeable by their current absence....

This club is a joke.....

[/quote]

BUMP!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

Branston you really are a stevie wonder when its comes to seeing reality. We are crxp which ever way you look at it.

1-3 Swansea

1-2 Derby (10 men)

0-1 QPR (10 men)

2-3 Forest

[/quote]

[/quote]