Sign in to follow this  
Delia, When Do I Start??

***OFFICIAL SHEFF UTD MATCH THREAD***

Yep - can''t see us getting anything from this one at all.  Reckon Luploli will grab a couple (or I''m willing him to) so 4 - 2 to the Blades.  [:(]

It will be kind of interesting to see some of the reaction on the terraces and in the papers in Sheffield regarding James Beattie''s departure to Stoke for 2.5 million. After all, he''s scored twice as many goals as anyone else at United and, with the club currently clinging on to a play-off spot, it''s an interesting message being sent to Sheffield supporters.  

Sheff.U 3-0 Norwich unless Lupoli plays then im going to guess

Sheff.U 2-2 Norwich

I would be lpleased with a draw away to a team in play off contention.

Just really hoping Croft is on the team sheet.

come on you yellows !!!

I''d be well happy with a score draw today. I fear a 1 or 2 nil loss. I don''t imagine it will represent the end of Roeder''s tenure though. Let''s hope he plays Lup''s, If we go one midfielder up front again I''ll be so bored I''ll slip into a coma. Respect to those who go - come on you Yellows!!!

SAFE JOURNEY TO EVERYONE TRAVELLING TO THE GAME TODAY!!

I HOPE YOU WON''T LEAVE HAVING BEING LET DOWN!

COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]It will be kind of interesting to see some of the reaction on the terraces and in the papers in Sheffield regarding James Beattie''s departure to Stoke for 2.5 million. After all, he''s scored twice as many goals as anyone else at United and, with the club currently clinging on to a play-off spot, it''s an interesting message being sent to Sheffield supporters.  [/quote]Good point, and I think Beattie''s absence will hurt the Blades as they will lack a focal point for their direct attacking game.I actually think this could be 0-0 with Sheff Utd short of ideas and Norwich short of ability.

Team News

Marshall
Semmy - Grounds - Doc - Bertrand
Croft - Clingan - Fozzy - Hoolahan
Sibbi - Loopiloo

Subs: Drury, Bell, Omozusi, Nelson, Cort

Pattison is injured, Rusty is suspended.

Attacking line up - Go for it boys!I think Oz-musio was at fault for most of the goals in the previous games so I''m hoping to see a strengthened central defence. And I agree with Glenny that Grounds looks good. As does Doc at the mo.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Team News

Marshall
Semmy - Grounds - Doc - Bertrand
Croft - Clingan - Fozzy - Hoolahan
Sibbi - Loopiloo

Subs: Drury, Bell, Omozusi, Nelson, Cort

Pattison is injured, Rusty is suspended.

[/quote]

Thanks CTAngel. I wonder if the formation will be more a case of Lupoli playing wide left with Hoolahan tucked in behind Sibierski? The old 4-4-1-1...

Yes thanks for the CA.  Looks an ok line-up, so let''s hope they pull their fingers out and at least try to get a win today, especially for the travelling City fans [:)]

[quote user="Flying Pastie"]Attacking line up - Go for it boys!I think Oz-musio was at fault for most of the goals in the previous games so I''m hoping to see a strengthened central defence. And I agree with Glenny that Grounds looks good. As does Doc at the mo.[/quote]Decent line up, but a centre midfield of Clingan-Fozzy is disappointing - not much we can do about that though.  Hopefully Sibi & Lupi will continue their promising partnership.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Flying Pastie"]Attacking line up - Go for it boys!

I think Oz-musio was at fault for most of the goals in the previous games so I''m hoping to see a strengthened central defence. And I agree with Glenny that Grounds looks good. As does Doc at the mo.
[/quote]

Decent line up, but a centre midfield of Clingan-Fozzy is disappointing - not much we can do about that though.  Hopefully Sibi & Lupi will continue their promising partnership.
[/quote]

For what it''s worth, Ian Dowie is doing our match of Jeff, and he reckons we''re having the better of the play early on...

sheff utd just hit the underside of the bar and are now starting to take the game by the scruff of the neck it seems....

jas :)