Sign in to follow this  
votepedro

Plastic Scouser...

Nah - don''t worry it''s just a little bit of fun - anyone with any technical knowledge can find you IP address - and every IP address is linked (as far as I''m aware) to an ISP (Sky/BT/Virgin/Tiscali etc).    Have a look at the website and see how it works!

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]Nah - don''t worry it''s just a little bit of fun - anyone with any technical knowledge can find you IP address - and every IP address is linked (as far as I''m aware) to an ISP (Sky/BT/Virgin/Tiscali etc).    Have a look at the website and see how it works!

[/quote]

Does that mean you can tell if a poster is posting under different identities, alter-ego''s and pseudonyms?.....But are posting from the same IP address? [8-|]

And if you knew what the NCFC IP address is whether media or another - and if they''re posting on this forum?[:D] 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]Nah - don''t worry it''s just a little bit of fun - anyone with any technical knowledge can find you IP address - and every IP address is linked (as far as I''m aware) to an ISP (Sky/BT/Virgin/Tiscali etc).    Have a look at the website and see how it works![/quote]

Does that mean you can tell if a poster is posting under different identities, alter-ego''s and pseudonyms?.....But are posting from the same IP address? [8-|]

And if you knew what the NCFC IP address is whether media or another - and if they''re posting on this forum?[:D] 

[/quote]Some one with the *ahem* technical know-how surely could

[quote user="votepedro"]what''s your little captain caveman thing about? and does it mean i''m vulnerable to fraud?[/quote]

Sounds like you''ve been living in a Cave if you think him knowing those details means you''re vulnerable to fraud.

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]They most certainly could - of course you would need to know who NCFC''s internet provider is...
[/quote]

hmmm.. a uk based business... on the internet.... im guessing.. BT....

i''ll leave it in some one elses capable hands to see if they can weedle out the "club employee" posters

jas :)

Tiscali may well supply your ISP with it''s service - it says Globix Telecom on mine - I''m with Talktalk!    There are a lot of "resellers" out there who purchase the service off telecoms companies - you might be paying company A for your service but they actually purchase the service from company B who actually purchase the service off company C....It''s a murky old world out there in the telecoms industry...

[quote user="ncfc90"]Plus the information is wrong, it says my ISP is Tiscal when it isn''t[/quote]

The name of your isp may not be Tiscali but may be provided by them, if you know what I mean.  Just like tesco mobile is provided by o2.  I think sky and easynet are one and the same. 

You can always use a proxy server

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]They most certainly could - of course you would need to know who NCFC''s internet provider is...[/quote]

hmmm.. a uk based business... on the internet.... im guessing.. BT....

i''ll leave it in some one elses capable hands to see if they can weedle out the "club employee" posters

jas :)

[/quote]We might be waiting a while. From what I can understand of all this m''larkey, they will need to find the ISP address and then write some software that scans these boards for matches to that ISP. Being a graphic designer, I get stumped by simple Apple scripts, so I don''t know how long it would take at all, but quite a bit of work there isn''t there?The simpler solution would be to threaten Web Team Pete with exposure of those candid images that someone, somewhere must have on him unless he gave us access to the database!

I seem to recall reading about a football club a few years ago (I think it might have been a club on the South Coast) and that their club media employees were posting ''positives'' as a group of placebo supposed supporters - to counteract the negatives on a popular football forum....and, then had to make some apology or another, when they were rumbled and outed?

Can anyone enlighten us?