Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Munby talks a lot of sense

Reading Roger Munby''s interview in today''s EDP, I was impressed with what he had to say. He was straight talking and what he said made sense. It''s nice to hear that, for the short time, our financial worries have been eased. It''s also nice to hear a ball park figure of what we will receive over the year too.

"You can calculate that a club which is a member of the Premier League and finishes bottom and which has the minimum number of televised games would receive £17m plus two years of parachute payments following relegation. So it''s upwards of that."

I don''t think I''ve heard anybody mention that £17M is the miminum we get. Mmm lots of lovely money!!

I think what he says about transfer fees is right too. Although we''ve only spent around £1M, our wage bill has gone up dramatically and we''ve attracted some excellent players to this football club. We mustn''t forget that.

It''s so great to be a fan of a football club which has such wonderful personel. It sounds like Worthy, Doncaster and others work tirelessly to promote the Norwich word and attract players. I''m sure at other clubs they don''t go to these lengths, and that is why IMO we have such a superb team morale at our club.

I agree the whole article oozed common sense and had an air of realism. I also think it is more sensible to pay no transfer fees and higher wages than fees and lower wages.

Overall we have a well run ship, an improving team and an exiting future. Bring it on!