Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Back from the game - Review

Just back from Sheffield. A long day out, and another poor performance from Norwich. Credit to the fans, who were superb as usual, just a shame the lads didn''t match the effort.

Special mention to Jon Otsemobor, who to be quite frank was abysmal. Looked like he couldn''t be bothered whatsoever at times - the rest of the time he just simply appears to have no awareness or even brain at all, and just wanders over the pitch.

Marshall didn''t have his greatest game,flapping at a few crosses. Wasn''t offered much support from his back 4 though - both full backs had a poor afternoon, and Grounds wasn''t much better. Credit where it''s due though, Doc was solid and one of the few to get any credit today.

Midfield huffed and puffed a lot, but created nowt. Fozzy had his best game for a while, but didn''t do much. Clingan had a poor game, compared to his usual high standards, and should have done better with the goal, although i''m putting most of the blame for that with Semmy.

Hoolahan tries at least, and never shy''s away from the ball. None of his little tricks came off today though. A hard working display from Lupoli - becoming a real fans fave, and perhaps the only other one to come out with credit from today.

Why didn''t Roeder bring on Cort? Only he knows that, but i''d sure like to know.

Fraid to say, as much as I don''t agree with changing manager, I don''t think things will look up until he goes, so will have to wait and see on that one.

3 worse teams in the league??! It''s not looking good!

Agree Semmy has ben awful for the last few week now.

Think people need to give Foz a break, all he gets is boos regardless of what he does.

Don''t think that changing manager would help. Paul Daniels couldn''t bring in quality players with the money we have.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Just back from Sheffield. A long day out, and another poor performance from Norwich. Credit to the fans, who were superb as usual, just a shame the lads didn''t match the effort. Special mention to Jon Otsemobor, who to be quite frank was abysmal. Looked like he couldn''t be bothered whatsoever at times - the rest of the time he just simply appears to have no awareness or even brain at all, and just wanders over the pitch. Marshall didn''t have his greatest game,flapping at a few crosses. Wasn''t offered much support from his back 4 though - both full backs had a poor afternoon, and Grounds wasn''t much better. Credit where it''s due though, Doc was solid and one of the few to get any credit today. Midfield huffed and puffed a lot, but created nowt. Fozzy had his best game for a while, but didn''t do much. Clingan had a poor game, compared to his usual high standards, and should have done better with the goal, although i''m putting most of the blame for that with Semmy. Hoolahan tries at least, and never shy''s away from the ball. None of his little tricks came off today though. A hard working display from Lupoli - becoming a real fans fave, and perhaps the only other one to come out with credit from today. Why didn''t Roeder bring on Cort? Only he knows that, but i''d sure like to know. Fraid to say, as much as I don''t agree with changing manager, I don''t think things will look up until he goes, so will have to wait and see on that one. 3 worse teams in the league??! It''s not looking good![/quote]

Thanks for the report WWWB. The fullbacks have been poor all season. I raved about Plastic last season but I don''t think he''s been worth his place. I''m not Drury''s greatest fan but as I said last week, now is the time for experienced heads.

If Roeder fails to bring in a Trevor Hockey type player then we will just fade away into league 1. My optimism for this season extended only to 15th-18th place but things look like turning out far worse than that. Once a team picks up the losing habit it becomes difficult to break.

Ditto Ricardo. I also raved about Bertrand last season, but just hasn''t done the biz this time around. We need experience to get us out of the mess.

Tony - yeah I honestly think they would be. On paper our squad isn''t in the worst 3 in this league, but I think with Roeder at the helm we are in trouble. His attitude has spread throughout everyone involved with NCFC and has divided so many groups of people. If we are to get out of this mess we need everybody to unite and support the team, and I just don''t see that happening without a change of manager.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Ditto Ricardo. I also raved about Bertrand last season, but just hasn''t done the biz this time around. We need experience to get us out of the mess. Tony - yeah I honestly think they would be. On paper our squad isn''t in the worst 3 in this league, but I think with Roeder at the helm we are in trouble. His attitude has spread throughout everyone involved with NCFC and has divided so many groups of people. If we are to get out of this mess we need everybody to unite and support the team, and I just don''t see that happening without a change of manager.[/quote]

Tuesday and Saturday will be massive for our club this season.

A couple of wins could give us something to build on but anything less is likely to precipitate a crisis. That may turn out to be a good thing in the long run but personally I''d vote for two wins and crisis averted. (for a while at least)

Think the next 3 league games will be crucial - Barnslay, Soton & Donny I believe. We really need 6 points from there somehow, because after that we have some really tough games coming up.

Agree with you Fab - I agree Roeder has done a fair job with absolutely no support in the transfer market, but you won''t change my view that he has to go. I maintain that with him in charge, we will see League 1 before we see the promise land, and that is something our club cannot afford.

WWWB: Why didn''t Roeder bring on Cort? Only he knows that, but i''d sure like to know.

I listened to his interview after the game, he said it was because it would have been too easy to huff it up to him. So whats the point in him then?

I take it your not coming back for the Cup game? Glad it only took me 25 mins to get home rather than 3 1/2 hours

Interesting, I hadn''t heard that. Admittedly it does seem he will say anything to justify his decisions, rather than admitting he was wrong! He''s only human and I think we could accept mistakes if he admitted them - not a concept he seems to comprehend.

Blimey olej, see if we can win the replay before I consider that!