Sign in to follow this  
yellows74

Why are we not playing Drury!!

I am getting more and more frustrated watching Bertrands very poor performances knowing that we have one of the best full backs in the division sat on the bench. I can only imagine what Adam Drury is thinking but if I was him I would be packing my bags. Its absolute madness with our small aquad having a quality player and not playing him.

I am sure that I am not the only one puzzled by this?

[quote user="yellows74"]

I am getting more and more frustrated watching Bertrands very poor performances knowing that we have one of the best full backs in the division sat on the bench. I can only imagine what Adam Drury is thinking but if I was him I would be packing my bags. Its absolute madness with our small aquad having a quality player and not playing him.

[/quote]because he isnt on loan at CR

[quote user="yellows74"]

[/quote]

I completely agree with you. Drury is a far superior left back defensively. The only explanation for the continual playing of Bertrand regardless of form or performance is that Roeder promised Chelsea he''d get games, and that when Roeder goes begging for more loan players, he can say - "When I promise I''ll play your young players I will - look at Bertrand, he''s on loan and is getting games....."

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="yellows74"]

[/quote]because he isnt on loan at CR[/quote]

Although i want Roeder out, i can''t agree with you on that one, simply because just look at the Lupoli, Russell fiasco, consantly has played Russell ahead of Lupoli, and probably even by Russells admission, Lupoli is better suited up there.

[quote user="ncfc90"]Maybe because he''s past it?[/quote]

adam drury is certainly not past it nd is the best left back this club has had for decades!

[quote user="yellows74"]

[/quote] Calling Drury one of the best full backs in the division is a complete joke.

I agree, when Drury is played he has barely put a foot wrong.  And he has the added bonus of being OUR player as well.  However, I think it sums up Roeders pathetic arse kissing of his premiership manager friends.  He would rather do someone else a favour (getting their players fit and putting them in the shop window) than playing our own bloody players.  The same goes for our youngsters.  He would rather take other teams youngsters on (for the reasons above) than pick our own youngsters.  This sums up that Roeder couldn''t give a rats arse about Norwich City Football Club.  He is trying to keep "in" with his buddies in the hope a Premiership job comes up as a result of him.

Berty had a shocker today, and its not that first one recently.

Fair enough playing loan players where they are clearly better than our players in those positions, but in Adam Drury we have at least an equally good replacement, so I still can''t work out why we persist with him.

We need experienced heads at the moment, and Drury simply has to be given his place back.

yellows74 wrote the following post at 10/01/2009 7:09 PM:

Something to do with a word called favourites and a tw*t that doesnt do favourites.

Because Bertrand has been allowed to come here on the understanding that he will be first choice and playing in the team?

I was always under the impression that Bertrand was here to compete with Drury for the left-back spot.  There doesn''t seem to be any competition though, as Berty keeps his place regardless of his form (which has been poor all season).  Drury may not necessarily be any better - his form and fitness since 2004 has been questionable - but I can''t help feeling there''s something amiss here.

Nothing against Bertrand - we''ve seen what he can do last season - but the guy is young and perhaps needs a rest to regain his confidence and recharge his batteries.  The Charlton game may be the time to do it and give Drury a run out.