Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

The Ref thought we deserved a point

Norwich manager Glenn Roeder:

"It was a very good performance against a club whose expectations are to get promotion.

"We gave them a proper game and it''s quite unbelievable that we didn''t get anything from it. Even the referee said that we deserved at least a point."

Well as long as the Ref thought we played well, that''s all right then!

Roeder must be getting desperate, most weeks the ref is our nemesis and has it in for us, every week in fact - so when he''s coming out with crap like that you know we''re screwed.

[quote user="olej"]it made a change to have a decent ref too, not that there were many big decisions to be made.[/quote]

Halsey isn''t a bad ref and unlike most isn''t bullied by the bigger teams in the premiership.. he sent John Terry off remember

jas :)

I bet it was like the forest game, i bet we laid back and took it like a bitch till their goal went in, sat back and soaked the game up, like sheff utd would be happily doing too, given their advantage, and then gave it a go in the last 10 minute too little too late. Sorry glenn, but to be ''deserving'' of points, you have to take the initiative in the game. A draw sounds like it would have been more harsh on them than us

I just got back from sheffield. How can roeder say we deserved a point? we were fckin dire. like a team of blind women at times. think we mustered two shots on target all game and neither threatened.roeder out

[quote user="hellococker"]I just got back from sheffield. How can roeder say we deserved a point? we were fckin dire. like a team of blind women at times. think we mustered two shots on target all game and neither threatened.

roeder out
[/quote]

A couple must have threatened because the radio Norfolk commentary said we hit both post and bar.

when. there was a goal mouth scramble in their box in the first half it might have happened but dont remember any clear cut chances.

[quote user="hellococker"]when. there was a goal mouth scramble in their box in the first half it might have happened but dont remember any clear cut chances.
[/quote]

Obviously I wasn''t there but apart from a 20 minute spell in the first half it sounded like we were well in the game.

Apparantly a Hoolahan header just before the break and a Lupoli glancing header struck the outside of the post about 5 or 6 mins before the end.

It''s certainly what I heard on the match commentary. On the strength of the commentary it seemed we might easily have snatched a point.

[quote user="hellococker"]when. there was a goal mouth scramble in their box in the first half it might have happened but dont remember any clear cut chances.[/quote]Doc also had a nice flick only stopped by a good save. we were too laid back for much of the game, not fast enough getting forward was the main problem, but we did have a fair few chances and Marshal was fairly untroubled most of the match too.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Norwich manager Glenn Roeder:

"It was a very good performance against a club whose expectations are to get promotion.

"We gave them a proper game and it''s quite unbelievable that we didn''t get anything from it. Even the referee said that we deserved at least a point."

Well as long as the Ref thought we played well, that''s all right then!

[/quote]

Sorry Glen, but our expectations should be the same, get it sorted.

odd one because both Norfolk and the BBC final score program suggested that we dinished the game very very strongly.   Not saying the firsy hour was not dire and uncompetetive but why would a national reporter indicate that otherwise?