Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

who wants "Stoke ball"?

for the rest of the season who would now want to sacrifice passing "pretty" football for unsightly hoof ball?

if we win games by pumping it long and it keeps us in the division then i will be delighted.... People say Norwich are a passing side and always have been, well all i can say is B*****ks to passing football! we need to win at all costs.... if it takes stokes long ball and Physical "kick them before they kick you" football to acheive our safety then so be it!

jas :)

I want results not this usual "cor we looked good but lost again" rubbish which a lot of the time is sideways passing in front of the oppposition going nowhere, which is what we''re doing with our W*nker of a manager! 

RoederOUT!

Of course I''d rather we played great football and won matches but if playing ugly, route one football kept us up this year I''d take it like a shot, that''s how desperate it is.

One slight problem - who would you aim it at? Lupoli and presumably Cureton back from loan. Should work well.

[quote user="Badger"]
One slight problem - who would you aim it at? Lupoli and presumably Cureton back from loan. Should work well.
[/quote]

Carl Cort

I''ve seen him for about 10 minutes so can''t really judge but I''m not sure I would want to base our championship survival on someone with his fitness record!

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]I would never want Norwich to play hoofball, regardless of the situation. It would ruin our reputation.
[/quote]

so you would happily get relegated to preserve our "reputation"? like i said above its win or die.. and if it means we win then i wouldnt care if we never passed the ball again.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

for the rest of the season who would now want to sacrifice passing "pretty" football for unsightly hoof ball?

if we win games by pumping it long and it keeps us in the division then i will be delighted.... People say Norwich are a passing side and always have been, well all i can say is B*****ks to passing football! we need to win at all costs.... if it takes stokes long ball and Physical "kick them before they kick you" football to acheive our safety then so be it!

[/quote]compare it to roeder ball!!!! yes i would take stoke ball every day of the week if it got us 3 points and promotion

It''s not so much ''hoof ball'' that I want  to see, it''s a more direct style when we gain possession. Too many times we take our time passing sideways/back, allowing  the defenders to get back and set.  

like i said above its win or die.. and if it means we win then i wouldnt care if we never passed the ball again.

[/quote]So whats the point in playing football then? Just get 22 blokes out there to knock seven colours out of each other behind closed doors and you can get the result online. Seriously answer that. whats the point? I''ll go down happily  if it means being able to watch talent. Lets face it, we''re not playing great football, I was thrilled with the performance against the binners and the next two games, but since and before then, from what I hear we''ve been rubbish. Never pass the football again? Then you need to move on mon ami, the beautiful game is not for you

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

like i said above its win or die.. and if it means we win then i wouldnt care if we never passed the ball again.

[/quote]

So whats the point in playing football then? Just get 22 blokes out there to knock seven colours out of each other behind closed doors and you can get the result online. Seriously answer that. whats the point? I''ll go down happily  if it means being able to watch talent. Lets face it, we''re not playing great football, I was thrilled with the performance against the binners and the next two games, but since and before then, from what I hear we''ve been rubbish.

Never pass the football again? Then you need to move on mon ami, the beautiful game is not for you
[/quote]

i cant believe youd settle for league 1 to be entertained... if you want "entertainment" play a footy game on the computer.. the whole point of the sport is to win.... if we won the league lumping it forwards i''d be delighted!

look at it lie this, if we got promoted playing long ball football would you tand outside city hall watching the civic reception saying "christ we were awful all season!" or would you think "it worked, Genius!"

[/quote]Not just for the sake of it, no.  If it gets us points and keeps us up, fine.

After 5 years of constant defeats. i would be happy with any win. No matter how it was acheived. I dont care. The ends justify the  means.   

If you want to empty the stands, hoofball is the way to go. I won''t be making a 300 mile round-trip to watch it. We can stay up playing football, but we need the fans to get behind the team. If we go down then I think Hucks would do well for us next season, so every cloud has a silver lining !!