Sign in to follow this  
Barry Brockes

Kenny Sansom's Autobiography

Anyone got this?

In today''s EDP Iain Dale says that he has just read it, Sansom of course having been Roeder''s no. 2 when he was at Watford. Dale says that any Football Club Director who reads the chapter on Sansom''s time at Watford would never give Roeder a job in football again. I just wondered what Sansom has said about our beloved manager.  

I did pick up Sansom''s book in WH Smith''s several months ago and skimmed through the bit about Roedent. I think, if my memory serves me correctly, that Sansom''s criticism of the great man was not much more severe than to accuse him of not listening to anybody elses opinion, and specifically Kenny''s. Lets face it, a lot of (good) managers could be found guilty on that charge.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]Neither Dale or Sansom are particular fine examples of human beings though IMHO[/quote]

. . . and nor is Iain Dale . . .

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]I did pick up Sansom''s book in WH Smith''s several months ago and skimmed through the bit about Roedent. I think, if my memory serves me correctly, that Sansom''s criticism of the great man was not much more severe than to accuse him of not listening to anybody elses opinion, and specifically Kenny''s. Lets face it, a lot of (good) managers could be found guilty on that charge.[/quote]

That matches exactly what Dion said about him.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]Neither Dale or Sansom are particular fine examples of human beings though IMHO[/quote]

. . . and nor is Iain Dale . . .

[/quote]

Sorry, didn''t read it properly . . .

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 10/01/2009 1:05 PM:

Phil E Stein wrote:

I did pick up Sansom''s book in WH Smith''s several months ago and skimmed through the bit about Roedent. I think, if my memory serves me correctly, that Sansom''s criticism of the great man was not much more severe than to accuse him of not listening to anybody elses opinion, and specifically Kenny''s. Lets face it, a lot of (good) managers could be found guilty on that charge.

That matches exactly what Dion said about him.

Could it be the reason Lee Clark left us.

Iain Dale (West Ham fan), has written column on GR  in EDP on Saturday which contains the following; "I have just read the autobiography of ..Kenny Sansom, who was Roeder''s number 2 at Watford. Any football club director who reads that cahapter would never give Roeder a job in football again".

He doesn''t say which chapter he is referring to, but has anyone read the aforesaid book?.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]

Anyone got this?

In today''s EDP Iain Dale says that he has just read it, Sansom of course having been Roeder''s no. 2 when he was at Watford. Dale says that any Football Club Director who reads the chapter on Sansom''s time at Watford would never give Roeder a job in football again. I just wondered what Sansom has said about our beloved manager.  

[/quote]Sorry, I didn''t see your post yesterday.