Sign in to follow this  
madhatter

So Why are we not blaiming the Board more ????????????????????????????????????

Hi,I

have been reading all the many different views (in some cases rants)

about our current situation ! While i understand that the manager could

be guilty of possibly more than one mistake, it does not take away from

the fact our "Board " has failed repeatly for the last 3-4 seasons to

back up whoever has been in charge.It seems the every pre

season we get some wonderfully worded script designed to get many fans

to feel, "is this year ? is it going to be different, are we going to

have some transfer money ?"   But NOOOOOOO ! All we ever hear

is rumors about possible this player, or possibly that one. This then

drags on until deadline day, with some player of either no talent or

fast approaching the end of the career being signed.

I

just want to know what the true situation is with our FINANCES. The

whole story every debt everything, i am tired of repeatly tired of

swallowing the large spoonfull of  "SPIN" we keep being feed to keep us

docile.I guess my question is " Do our current accounts give us

even the remotest chanee of  ever aim for the play-offs or does it in

reality look like the account book of a lower league club ?

[quote user="madhatter"] Hi,

I have been reading all the many different views (in some cases rants) about our current situation ! While i understand that the manager could be guilty of possibly more than one mistake, it does not take away from the fact our "Board " has failed repeatly for the last 3-4 seasons to back up whoever has been in charge.

It seems the every pre season we get some wonderfully worded script designed to get many fans to feel, "is this year ? is it going to be different, are we going to have some transfer money ?"  

But NOOOOOOO ! All we ever hear is rumors about possible this player, or possibly that one. This then drags on until deadline day, with some player of either no talent or fast approaching the end of the career being signed.

I just want to know what the true situation is with our FINANCES. The whole story every debt everything, i am tired of repeatly tired of swallowing the large spoonfull of  "SPIN" we keep being feed to keep us docile.

I guess my question is " Do our current accounts give us even the remotest chanee of  ever aim for the play-offs or does it in reality look like the account book of a lower league club ?
[/quote]if you read through the posts alot if most do blame the board...but this minute in time we have know 1 willing to buy the club...we are in the position we are in partly because of the board but the buck has to stop with the manager at this moment in time....i also wish the board out but atthe moment we have no alternative...with the manager we do

[quote user="madhatter"]

Hi,I

have been reading all the many different views (in some cases rants)

about our current situation ! While i understand that the manager could

be guilty of possibly more than one mistake, it does not take away from

the fact our "Board " has failed repeatly for the last 3-4 seasons to

back up whoever has been in charge.It seems the every pre

season we get some wonderfully worded script designed to get many fans

to feel, "is this year ? is it going to be different, are we going to

have some transfer money ?"   But NOOOOOOO ! All we ever hear

is rumors about possible this player, or possibly that one. This then

drags on until deadline day, with some player of either no talent or

fast approaching the end of the career being signed.

I

just want to know what the true situation is with our FINANCES. The

whole story every debt everything, i am tired of repeatly tired of

swallowing the large spoonfull of  "SPIN" we keep being feed to keep us

docile.I guess my question is " Do our current accounts give us

even the remotest chanee of  ever aim for the play-offs or does it in

reality look like the account book of a lower league club ?
[/quote]I like you already [:P]

We are heading towards sacking our third manager in three years...

Under this pathetic board, we''ll be doing the same thing again next season.

We have to let them know they are a failure, in no uncertain terms. Sack The Board.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

We have to let them know they are a failure, in no uncertain terms. Sack The Board.

[/quote]as i agree JS what are our other options at this time???

sack the boardand them what?

im in total agreement that the board has let the club,fans down..but cant see a solution to that problem at this time.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Here, here and spot on Jim... under this pathetically crap board of ours even you Sir ''The Bald Eagle'' could be next on our list of inept managers.... [Y]

the problem by passing the buck solely to the manager, as has happened over the last few managers, the board gets away with it again and again and deflects any meaningful pressure.

[quote user="madhatter"]the problem by passing the buck solely to the manager, as has happened over the last few managers, the board gets away with it again and again and deflects any meaningful pressure.
[/quote]

Spot on.

[quote user="madhatter"]the problem by passing the buck solely to the manager, as has happened over the last few managers, the board gets away with it again and again and deflects any meaningful pressure.
[/quote]again sack the board...then what????

as stated above im in agreement that they have to go...who would come in NOW???? answers on a postcard :-)

I think they''ll give him next to nothing to spend then sack him when the transfer window is closed and get themselves and whoever the next managerial stooge is a bucket full of ready made excuses for whatever happens later in the season. This way they can spend nothing, strip the team of high earners in the summer (for high earners also read anyone any good), and still buy themselves another 12-18months before we turn on the next manager.

well its not a case of blaming the board more of course they are accountable at there level but what goes on the field is down to gr now some may remember i praised gr lots and had 100% faith in his ability as a leader however his arragance astounds me and some of the team selections well we are a laughing stock on the road 9 defeats out of 10 i think some1 else wrote and we arnt mush better at home i mean forest was a joke 5 goals and we didnt score any of them we roll over as soon as we go behind and the players we do have that can turn a game are being played out of position and if that wernt bad anough all our loan players despite what they may say dont care as they still get there wages at the end of the week im afraid my beloved norwich are a shadow of there former selfs and i cant see light at the end of the tunnel i atually find myself dreading match days as i know that we will lose because thats all we seem to do lately , but what are the board supposed to do if the money is not there and no investment can be found we are a sitting duck and there is nothing any of us can do about , maybe the reason for lack of funds is because the board have lost faith in gr as many fans have who knows but one thing we will know is what league we will be in nxt year at the end of january.

[quote user="madhatter"] Hi,

I have been reading all the many different views (in some cases rants) about our current situation ! While i understand that the manager could be guilty of possibly more than one mistake, it does not take away from the fact our "Board " has failed repeatly for the last 3-4 seasons to back up whoever has been in charge.

It seems the every pre season we get some wonderfully worded script designed to get many fans to feel, "is this year ? is it going to be different, are we going to have some transfer money ?"  

But NOOOOOOO ! All we ever hear is rumors about possible this player, or possibly that one. This then drags on until deadline day, with some player of either no talent or fast approaching the end of the career being signed.

I just want to know what the true situation is with our FINANCES. The whole story every debt everything, i am tired of repeatly tired of swallowing the large spoonfull of  "SPIN" we keep being feed to keep us docile.

I guess my question is " Do our current accounts give us even the remotest chanee of  ever aim for the play-offs or does it in reality look like the account book of a lower league club ?
[/quote]

correct, it doesn''t matter how crap people think Roeder may be, (and I reckon they''re probably right), the Board put us in this mess by underfunding the transfer kitty every year. And this transfer window will be no different, even though we''re in the sh**e up to our necks.

[quote user="thumb180"]well its not a case of blaming the board more of course they are accountable at there level but what goes on the field is down to gr now some may remember i praised gr lots and had 100% faith in his ability as a leader however his arragance astounds me and some of the team selections well we are a laughing stock on the road 9 defeats out of 10 i think some1 else wrote and we arnt mush better at home i mean forest was a joke 5 goals and we didnt score any of them we roll over as soon as we go behind and the players we do have that can turn a game are being played out of position and if that wernt bad anough all our loan players despite what they may say dont care as they still get there wages at the end of the week im afraid my beloved norwich are a shadow of there former selfs and i cant see light at the end of the tunnel i atually find myself dreading match days as i know that we will lose because thats all we seem to do lately , but what are the board supposed to do if the money is not there and no investment can be found we are a sitting duck and there is nothing any of us can do about , maybe the reason for lack of funds is because the board have lost faith in gr as many fans have who knows but one thing we will know is what league we will be in nxt year at the end of january.[/quote]I think you need to make your posts a bit bigger so they''re easier to read.

Would be intersted to know where the money would have come from? You state the board have underfuned the transfer kitty every year yet Delia has just put £2 million into the club just to keep our heads above water.

There is no more money, we can''t afford the current level of investment we have.

Unless there is fresh money coming in, and this at present does not look very likely, we need to make sure we survive this league and give ourselves a chance to regroup. Unfortunately Roeder is not helping by wasting what little resource we do have on loans at the same time depleting our squad which we will need next season whatever league we are in.

[quote user="jbghost"]

Would be intersted to know where the money would have come from? You state the board have underfuned the transfer kitty every year yet Delia has just put £2 million into the club just to keep our heads above water.

There is no more money, we can''t afford the current level of investment we have.

Unless there is fresh money coming in, and this at present does not look very likely, we need to make sure we survive this league and give ourselves a chance to regroup. Unfortunately Roeder is not helping by wasting what little resource we do have on loans at the same time depleting our squad which we will need next season whatever league we are in.

[/quote] Never mind where the money is coming from. Where the bloody hell has all the money gone? Answer that one.

Yes, the board are to blame. They appoint the manager, approve the budget, etc and currently the club is failing financially and on the pitch.

Never mind where the money is coming from. Where the bloody hell has all the money gone? Answer that one

Just read the accounts, funnily enough they do show a pretty good record of money in and money out.

What is the point in putting pressure on Delia to go NOW? The recession has pretty much guaranteed that the club wont be changing hands until the country gets back on it''s feet, and that isn''t likely to be this year. The time to put pressure on her was in the summer when investment was on the table, but it''s too late now. Which brings us to the question: What can we do to change our current situation? The only answer that i can come up with is change the manager and hope that the "new manager effect" is enough to keep us up. We have some talented players in our squad and another manager may be able to get the best out of them, or, here''s a crazy idea, give the kids a go! And for record, i''m extremely anti-board.