Sign in to follow this  
mockystickwell

Does anyone feel a bit sorry for Delia?

She IS a norwich fan!

Cullum did stitch her up!

She has taken steps to sell the club that she also saved!

Her popularity is going to get worse as the recession means that its going to be extremely hard to find a new investor.

Your basicly stuck with each other so the fans might as well back her.

She is upshitcreek without her paddle and little support to get her back.

I feel more sorry for us fans who have had to put up with 12 years of rubbish under her leadership.

Difficult to say, I believe she bought the club as a fan, and I think it could be anyone of us in the same position if we had the money to buy the club. However, I do think it is time for a change in the board a club like Norwich should be challenging for promotion and board have failed to provide this, not the manager (although I don''t think Roader is up to much).

I do agree that we are stuck with her as nobody will by the club at the moment due the econimic turndown.

Do we need a ''celebrity'' in the board room? Is she in there as a fan? I dont think so, she has been lucky enough to be able to buy herself privilige, and an opportunity to keep her celebrity profile through the club catering opportunities...If this club disappears into League 1 obscurity she will be nursing some very burnt fingers for some considerable time to come. It is clear that she hasn''t got the financial means to be a ''Dame'' in shining armour, so what good is it to the club for her to remain?

Do I feel sorry for her? ... No.

Do I feel any symapathy for her?  Quite a lot.

She is currently single handedly keeping this club afloat. Without her money we would be in administration and already relegated effectively with the points we would get deducted. All the critisism of her on these boards is mostly unjustified and is either based on all the crap stirred up by Cullum or misguided views of supporters who haven''t got any alternative to offer other than she should go but have nobody else in mind to take over..

At the moment she is the only option we have. Like it or not, we need her money, however little some of you seem to think it is.

So to get back to the original question, I can''t feel too sorry for her as she has to take the bad times with the good in her position. I can sympathise though with all the unjust stick she is getting from some people.

[quote user="jbghost"]

She is currently single handedly keeping this club afloat. Without her money we would be in administration and already relegated effectively with the points we would get deducted. All the critisism of her on these boards is mostly unjustified and is either based on all the crap stirred up by Cullum or misguided views of supporters who haven''t got any alternative to offer other than she should go but have nobody else in mind to take over..

At the moment she is the only option we have. Like it or not, we need her money, however little some of you seem to think it is.

So to get back to the original question, I can''t feel too sorry for her as she has to take the bad times with the good in her position. I can sympathise though with all the unjust stick she is getting from some people.

[/quote]

Is she losing money from her involvement in all the catering activity and ''Delia'' promotion at the club...I think not!

[quote user="mockystickwell"]

She IS a norwich fan!

[/quote]How did Cullum "stitch her up"?It comes to something when the person defending Delia is a binner.

I do feel sorry for her, she has the club at heart, MWJ & Delia have tried to do what''s best for the club.Her money has helped the club, she made that money by cooking. The rest of the board contains business men and accountants and it''s them who have managed to get us in this situation, but everybody blames Delia..  

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]I think that Delia had taken the club as far as she could but she didn''t want out and now we are penniless and need someone new to come with millions but is you were a russian oil baron would you buy Norwich
[/quote]

Only if I could relocate the club to Bacton and run a new gas pipeline into the country, utilising the stadium as a temporary storage facility when not in use....errr! No!

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]Isn''t feeling sorry for somebody and act of sympathy? Are the board members not responsible for making sure the club is on a sound financial footing?

I feel sorry for her and the board because they do want the best for our club but have made some terrible managerial appointments. Particulerly now cause they probably think the same as we do about our idiot manager Roedernowhere but are worryed about having to pay him off!

Also the fact they do know they are past their sell by date and are trying to sell the club but no ones made a serious offer!

They can do one last decent thing for the club - GET SHOT OF GLEN CRAP MANAGER ROEDER!

No, because she is a very successful person, who unlike me and you are is not subject to the austerity which is hitting the nation. But I do feel a bit sorry for her critic''s, as they are (at least on this message board) a motley group of impotent and prejudiced individuals who have no constructive strategy for the Club they purport to support. Delia and the Board have made mistakes, what Board does not (in any walk of life?) but they are in my opinion not guilty of ''wilful neglect'' to borrow a phrase from the care sector, but no doubt some would dis-agree quoting super-structure over infrastructure etc etc  

[quote user="mockystickwell"]

She IS a norwich fan!

She has taken steps to sell the club that she also saved!

Her popularity is going to get worse as the recession means that its going to be extremely hard to find a new investor.

Your basicly stuck with each other so the fans might as well back her.

She is upshitcreek without her paddle and little support to get her back.

[/quote]

Our board are looking for an "idiot" or donor to just throw money at us with no strings attached. No mention of selling anything to anyone ever. As far as I''m aware no shares are up for sale so they can''t be looking for an investor or a buyer.

The begging bowl is out and our faithful leaders are hoping a big fat cheque will just fall from the sky into it.

Well we have a creative genius called Mark Fotheringham who might just propel that bit further up the table.  Tell Jim to get up the A12 sharpish !!

Oh yeah, one more thing - where were you at carrow rd !? ha ha