Sign in to follow this  
City Turn Around 2009

We want your views and support for an Ex player consortium

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Titanic"]

Because despite what Delia states SHE DOES NOT want to sell  up. As I''ve stated previously anyone taken in by her ''good old Delia'' persona are mugs.

[/quote]

You don''t know that because no one has ever offered to buy the Club.

[/quote]

And as a matter of balance DST............you don''t know that.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Er, yes I do.

[/quote]

Well, unless you are Delia, MWJ or Mr Cullum himself............. NO you do NOT know that. I obviously don''t know who you are, you may well be a club insider but unless you have been privvy to all the aforementioned people''s phone calls - you don''t know exactly what has been said between the parties involved. An offer could well have been made that Delia (for whatever reason) chose to keep to herself and her hubby. There may have been a perfectly good reason for keeping it private but that doesn''t mean that an offer wasn''t made. And I repeat, however important you might think you are on the internet, unless you are one of the three people involved you cannot KNOW an offer was never made.

Mark .Y.

I can''t be bothered to read through all that again so forgive me if i''ve but this back to front, but didn''t the OP say that A: The objective is to ensure our Championship status. B: There is £20m for the player budget to do this. C: They would be ready to go public in 3 weeks? Well in my book A+B+C= Too bloody late!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I can''t be bothered to read through all that again so forgive me if i''ve but this back to front, but didn''t the OP say that A: The objective is to ensure our Championship status. B: There is £20m for the player budget to do this. C: They would be ready to go public in 3 weeks? Well in my book A+B+C= Too bloody late![/quote]

Mr B, We would have to use the loan market, but unlike the current set up it would be players that we wished to buy once the window was open again

So for example, if a summer target was Jason Koumas your consortium would try and bring him in on loan? Why would he be allowed out on loan? Sorry i can''t see it happening. The loan system is generally for clubs to get players out and get some games (see Lita scoring last night), i can''t see how you would attract any higher quality of loan than we do now.

[quote user="porkyp"]

City Turn Around 2009 wrote:

but the consortium will be fronted by a former city  player

It may not be as daft as some people think.......there is an ex NCFC player who was, until he resigned, owner and Chairman of a local East Anglian club in Cambridge United.
He is a reasonably wealthy man due to his business acumen, acquired after he quit football, and has been looking for a bigger fish.....remember LEE POWER!

[/quote]

I have a hell of a lot of time for Lee Power these Days - he runs and excellent business - Cre 8 Ltd - which has serious links in the sporting community - which if this "rumor" is true would suggest he would be an excellent person to front the consortium (pure speculation).  He also has the nouse to get key individuals such as Mr Huckerby involved (if they so wanted)

On a quick aside - Lee''s horses (out of the grey fox stable) are generally worth an each way punt - they have a reasonable track record at good finnishes with long odds and I have made a few quid out of them.

The time honoured question with any take over is the debt postion.  I acknowledge the majority of it is structured and on long term repayment (about £15m I think).  However this still needs to be serviced which is sucking money out of the club.  Sometimes I wonder if £20m came in it should be used to clear the long term debt - hope the club an survice this year and then concentrate on moving forward next year.

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I can''t be bothered to read through all that again so forgive me if i''ve but this back to front, but didn''t the OP say that A: The objective is to ensure our Championship status. B: There is £20m for the player budget to do this. C: They would be ready to go public in 3 weeks? Well in my book A+B+C= Too bloody late![/quote]

Mr B, We would have to use the loan market, but unlike the current set up it would be players that we wished to buy once the window was open again

[/quote]That quote greatly concerns me. The board should not have control over transfers. That''s the managers job.

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year

We are after something from you, and that is your support in plans for a consortium based bid to take over the club.

It is not possible for obvious reasons to go in to much detail at the moment, but the consortium will be fronted by a former city  player, and five others two of whom would be known to you all.

We feel it would more than likely take the form of a hostile takeover, so we need your support.

Views please, and thank you for your time

[/quote]

I would support you, I am sick of what is happening to this club I love.  What do I have to do next?  Do you want me to sign anything only I am not doing that without proof of who you are, no offense or nothing but you might be one of those identity theives.

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Titanic"]

Because despite what Delia states SHE DOES NOT want to sell  up. As I''ve stated previously anyone taken in by her ''good old Delia'' persona are mugs.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Er, yes I do.

[/quote]

Well, unless you are Delia, MWJ or Mr Cullum himself............. NO you do NOT know that. I obviously don''t know who you are, you may well be a club insider but unless you have been privvy to all the aforementioned people''s phone calls - you don''t know exactly what has been said between the parties involved. An offer could well have been made that Delia (for whatever reason) chose to keep to herself and her hubby. There may have been a perfectly good reason for keeping it private but that doesn''t mean that an offer wasn''t made. And I repeat, however important you might think you are on the internet, unless you are one of the three people involved you cannot KNOW an offer was never made.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Mark I have asked DST twice now if he/she is involved with the club or PC and he/she won''t answer.  So I assume that the silence means they know nothing more than me or you about what went on.  [:)]

Can''t believe this thread is still running,the once mighty norwich city are reduced to believing any shiite floated by trolls.If the name behind the take-over was lord lucan 50% of people on here would talk about it really happening

[quote user="we are rubbish"]Can''t believe this thread is still running,the once mighty norwich city are reduced to believing any shiite floated by trolls.If the name behind the take-over was lord lucan 50% of people on here would talk about it really happening[/quote]

I think Good News Gordon is back!

I still think this topic is a wind up. It''s best if it''s left to wither and die. I think there''s a grubby little scummer, sitting in his grotty miniscule Ipswich bedsit, crying with laughter on to his keyboard.

My New Year resolution is not to post on Cullumgate, but since this is purely a matter of fact...It is an established fact that Cullum never made an offer for NCFC plc. If he had made an offer, or even formed the "firm intention" to make an offer, then under UK takeover rules he would have had to have made an announcement to that effect, and NCFC plc would have had to have informed its shareholders as well.Cullum made no such announcement and NCFC plc never informed me or any other shareholders of any such offer or intention to make an offer. The reason for those two non-events is simple - Cullum never made an offer. If you want further proof then it is supplied in the letter Cullum sent to the plc recently stating that he had no intention of making an offer. Such a letter would make no sense if he had already made an offer.

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Titanic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Er, yes I do.

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

No need to get pissy just because I know and you don''t.

WeAre Yellows, you are quite right. Apologies. I shouldn''t have lumped you in with Mark Y.Your question to DST (who is not me and I am not him or her) was about whether DST was an insider, and, of course, I have no idea about that, and was not trying to answer that.My reply should have been solely directed at Mark Y. The point I was answering was his assertion that DST could not know for a fact that Cullum never made an offer. It is, as I have explained, a matter of hard fact that Cullum never made an offer, so DST could easily know that.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]WeAre Yellows, you are quite right. Apologies. I shouldn''t have lumped you in with Mark Y.Your question to DST (who is not me and I am not him or her) was about whether DST was an insider, and, of course, I have no idea about that, and was not trying to answer that.

My reply should have been solely directed at Mark Y. The point I was answering was his assertion that DST could not know for a fact that Cullum never made an offer. It is, as I have explained, a matter of hard fact that Cullum never made an offer, so DST could easily know that.[/quote]

Cheers m'' dears.... PC never made an offer as you quite rightly stated.

We are after something from you, and that is your support in plans for a consortium based bid to take over the club.

It is not possible for obvious reasons to go in to much detail at the moment, but the consortium will be fronted by a former city  player, and five others two of whom would be known to you all.

We feel it would more than likely take the form of a hostile takeover, so we need your support.

[/quote]

Either put up or shut up. Bored of you Good News Gordon types.......

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Titanic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Er, yes I do.

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Mark I have asked DST twice now if he/she is involved with the club or PC and he/she won''t answer.  So I assume that the silence means they know nothing more than me or you about what went on.  [:)]

[/quote]

I''m soo sorry for not replying WAY49, I quite often use this MB but don''t check every single thread. As for your questions, I''m sorry but I can''t answer them right now.

[quote user="Titanic"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

If you have something genuine to offer I suggest you approach the local press.

[/quote]

I second that! Sorry but to many wind-ups on this site for me to take this serious.

[/quote]

Why have you jumped to the conclusion that it is a wind up. Where is your evidence to support your comment?.

[/quote]In the same place as the evidence to support that this post is genuine....

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]WeAre Yellows, you are quite right. Apologies. I shouldn''t have lumped you in with Mark Y.Your question to DST (who is not me and I am not him or her) was about whether DST was an insider, and, of course, I have no idea about that, and was not trying to answer that.

My reply should have been solely directed at Mark Y. The point I was answering was his assertion that DST could not know for a fact that Cullum never made an offer. It is, as I have explained, a matter of hard fact that Cullum never made an offer, so DST could easily know that.[/quote]

Cheers m'' dears.... PC never made an offer as you quite rightly stated.

[/quote]

And contrary to what Delia said at the AGM, she and the board don''t actually want to sell, but seek investment and wanna still be control freaks.....Oh, 1-0 down now....Shame.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Titanic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Er, yes I do.

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m soo sorry for not replying WAY49, I quite often use this MB but don''t check every single thread. As for your questions, I''m sorry but I can''t answer them right now.

[/quote]

Thanks for replying anyhow.

Sometimes though saying nothing speaks volumes [;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]My New Year resolution is not to post on Cullumgate, but since this is purely a matter of fact...

It is an established fact that Cullum never made an offer for NCFC plc. If he had made an offer, or even formed the "firm intention" to make an offer, then under UK takeover rules he would have had to have made an announcement to that effect, and NCFC plc would have had to have informed its shareholders as well.

Cullum made no such announcement and NCFC plc never informed me or any other shareholders of any such offer or intention to make an offer. The reason for those two non-events is simple - Cullum never made an offer. If you want further proof then it is supplied in the letter Cullum sent to the plc recently stating that he had no intention of making an offer. Such a letter would make no sense if he had already made an offer.[/quote]

Oh dear, I had forgotten UK company law, bit similar (and treated in exactly the same way) to the law in football where you are not allowed to make contact with another manager/player who is under contract unless they have permission from that person''s club.

Cullum may well have made an initial informal offer, in polite conversation, for the club as a means of establishing a ballpark figure Delia/MWJ would want. It may have been quite unacceptable and he could have been told that in a perfectly friendly manner. This would be a perfectly usual way to conduct business at any level.

Of course, none of this might have happened but neither you nor I know that. 

Mark .Y.

[/quote]By that last sentence it''s patently obvious CTA is a clueless wing-nut who plays too much Championship Manager.

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]My New Year resolution is not to post on Cullumgate, but since this is purely a matter of fact...It is an established fact that Cullum never made an offer for NCFC plc. If he had made an offer, or even formed the "firm intention" to make an offer, then under UK takeover rules he would have had to have made an announcement to that effect, and NCFC plc would have had to have informed its shareholders as well.Cullum made no such announcement and NCFC plc never informed me or any other shareholders of any such offer or intention to make an offer. The reason for those two non-events is simple - Cullum never made an offer. If you want further proof then it is supplied in the letter Cullum sent to the plc recently stating that he had no intention of making an offer. Such a letter would make no sense if he had already made an offer.[/quote]

Oh dear, I had forgotten UK company law, bit similar (and treated in exactly the same way) to the law in football where you are not allowed to make contact with another manager/player who is under contract unless they have permission from that person''s club.

Cullum may well have made an initial informal offer, in polite conversation, for the club as a means of establishing a ballpark figure Delia/MWJ would want. It may have been quite unacceptable and he could have been told that in a perfectly friendly manner. This would be a perfectly usual way to conduct business at any level.

Of course, none of this might have happened but neither you nor I know that. 

Mark .Y.

[/quote]Mark Y, you said - and are still saying - that it is not known whether Cullum made an offer. That is not true. Words have meanings, and particularly in business (where the Takeover Code IS taken very seriously). An offer, which is the term you originally used, is a precise term. Your attempt to recategorise it as an "initial informal offer" is meaningless. An offer is an offer is an offer. Cullum did not make an offer, and the fact that he did not make an offer is known, to me and to anyone else who has been paying attention.If you want to continue to believe those people who have been paying attention know as little as you do then you are welcome to that erroneous belief.

[/quote]

If you have got the money why don''t you just buy out whoever?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

[/quote]

CTA2009, NCFC is not a listed company, so many of the usual mechanisms used in hostile takeovers cannot apply. Given that, could you explain what you mean by a hostile takeover and how it would be achieved? Your answer might well help clarify whether this is a serious proposition or a bit of Friday fun. Thanks.[/quote]

Hostile is meant in the sense of Delia and Michael would have to be forced into giving up the club (by fans pressure etc), its not all going to be handshakes and toasting success with glasses of champagne type deal.

[/quote]

In which case I am out.  If is genuinely a good deal for the Club then Delia and Michael will support it.   If they have to be forced by fan pressure then there will be something wrong with the deal.   They are not like Chase...hanging on for their own glory.  They will go if it is right.  I genuinely believe that

[/quote]

Good grief.

''Delia & Michael'' know better than the fans.

Wash those forelocks.

OTBC