Sign in to follow this  
City Turn Around 2009

We want your views and support for an Ex player consortium

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year

We are after something from you, and that is your support in plans for a consortium based bid to take over the club.

It is not possible for obvious reasons to go in to much detail at the moment, but the consortium will be fronted by a former city  player, and five others two of whom would be known to you all.

We feel it would more than likely take the form of a hostile takeover, so we need your support.

Views please, and thank you for your time

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

If you have something genuine to offer I suggest you approach the local press.

[/quote]

I second that! Sorry but to many wind-ups on this site for me to take this serious.

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

We are after something from you, and that is your support in plans for a consortium based bid to take over the club.

It is not possible for obvious reasons to go in to much detail at the moment, but the consortium will be fronted by a former city  player, and five others two of whom would be known to you all.

We feel it would more than likely take the form of a hostile takeover, so we need your support.

[/quote]

I''m afraid you will have to tell us a weeny bit more than that CTA. Sounds good but we do get time wasters on here, from time to time.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

I second that! Sorry but to many wind-ups on this site for me to take this serious.

[/quote]

Why have you jumped to the conclusion that it is a wind up. Where is your evidence to support your comment?.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

We  would not go to the media at this stage.

The reasons for this are without fans support this is a no go, as the player concerned would not want his standing with the fans compromised.

This sounds like it is a wind up as i think it is perfectly obvious what the views of most fans are regarding what''s happening to our club. For the sake of our club i hope it isn''t as we seriously need a saving at the moment...

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

The reasons for this are without fans support this is a no go, as the player concerned would not want his standing with the fans compromised.

[/quote]

I can smell something . . . and it sure aint Chanel No.5

[/quote]

Not buying this. If there is a viable consortium why would it need to make a cloak and dagger approach to a fans'' forum. We can hardly give a ringing endorsement to something so vague.

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

[/quote]

I''m afraid you will have to tell us a weeny bit more than that CTA. Sounds good but we do get time wasters on here, from time to time.

[/quote]

Not much more I can tell you at this stage Kathy, apart from there would be money to compete with the bigger clubs in the league.

[quote user="Titanic"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why have you jumped to the conclusion that it is a wind up. Where is your evidence to support your comment?.

[/quote]

If already answered that in my post above (in Red).I would feel that most people are aware that a lot if people post things just for kicks, there is no evidence to support my comment and no evidence that this is a true post! It would be great if something was about to happen because i want change at the club,lets wait and see Titanic.

[quote user="Titanic"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why have you jumped to the conclusion that it isn''t?

[/quote]

[/quote]You could count on one hand the number of City fans who wouldn''t welcome fresh investment. If you''re for real, go public and the support will follow.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Titanic"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]hmmm just trying to think of former players who would actually of made the millions of pounds that would be needed to do this!!!

I smell a rat, and it isn''t Roeder...I await tomorrow''s EDP headline - ''Consortium in Bid For City!''......... followed by a vague detailing of this thread and a few ''we''ve heard nothing'' quotes from the club...

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Titanic"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have I given an opinion either way ? No. I just asked why has someone jumped too that conclusion. I have an open mind and will wait and see. An open mind is a receptive mind a closed mind is a lost mind.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You could count on one hand the number of City fans who wouldn''t welcome fresh investment. If you''re for real, go public and the support will follow.
[/quote]

As explained above we can''t go public, because of the players views and we are not ready to.

This isn''t getting very far...treat it as a straight forward question, would you support such a consortium in principle?

Lets face facts here, if any ex-city player is interested in a takeover he is going to be one that has strong ties with the club, those ex-players are usually heroes in our eyes. If another couple of famous names are involved and if they are going to pump money into the club do you not think that they would be welcomed with open arms? By the sounds of it even Delia would welcome them. The fact that he has to sound out fans views on an Archant MB tells me that this is a Troll at work, good try but back under the bridge you must go.

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You could count on one hand the number of City fans who wouldn''t welcome fresh investment. If you''re for real, go public and the support will follow.
[/quote]

As explained above we can''t go public, because of the players views and we are not ready to.

This isn''t getting very far...treat it as a straight forward question, would you support such a consortium in principle?

[/quote]

YES.

[/quote]Its almost a pointless question... of course people would support a consortium but only after they''ve made some details public, such as what their plans for the club are, etc... if said player is wanting to buy the club, fill Carrow Road with water and open up a Save The Whales foundation, then maybe not......If this consortium is unwilling to go public until they''ve got full public backing then I''m afraid we''ll just go round and round in circles forever, since many fans won''t give full backing until they''ve gone public..............

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

This is a public forum is it not?  If you don''t understand the difference between the public and the private sphere it doesn''t inspire much confidence I''m afraid.

[/quote]CTA2009, NCFC is not a listed company, so many of the usual mechanisms used in hostile takeovers cannot apply. Given that, could you explain what you mean by a hostile takeover and how it would be achieved? Your answer might well help clarify whether this is a serious proposition or a bit of Friday fun. Thanks.

Hi CTA,

In principle, I would support any such takeover. In practice, however, I would need far more information about the consortiums intentions. It is well documented that Delia and Michael are not great owners, but to replace them with anyone who had anything but the same good intentions for the club I think would be dangerous.

In short, I don''t want a Marcus Evans at our club.

Good luck in your endevours, though, and I await to hear more on this.

[/quote]

[/quote]I take it you are approaching places other than this website? If so, can you please provide evidence of this by means of links? Despite what a lot of the inflated egos on here like to think, this place only represents a very small minority of City fans. By this I mean the number of contributors on here are (apart from the occasional people like yourself that pop up with these *special posts*) but a small percentage of the average attendance at Carrow Road and an even smaller percentage of City fans in total… so whatever feedback you get from here it is not going to be a true representation.  Besides, if its hostile, what do you care? I can''t think that a hostile approach by any ex-player based consortium (apart from maybe Andy Marshall) would result in them being run out of town. If by hostile you mean ala PC, then go for your life… it didn''t stop him being hailed as the new Messiah did it?Hope you followed all of that?

[/quote]

[/quote]You could count on one hand the number of City fans who wouldn''t welcome fresh investment. If you''re for real, go public and the support will follow.[/quote]

[/quote]I repeat: You could count on one hand the number of City fans who wouldn''t welcome fresh investment.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

[/quote]

CTA2009, NCFC is not a listed company, so many of the usual mechanisms used in hostile takeovers cannot apply. Given that, could you explain what you mean by a hostile takeover and how it would be achieved? Your answer might well help clarify whether this is a serious proposition or a bit of Friday fun. Thanks.[/quote]

Hostile is meant in the sense of Delia and Michael would have to be forced into giving up the club (by fans pressure etc), its not all going to be handshakes and toasting success with glasses of champagne type deal.