Sign in to follow this  
Berks canary

Lack of strikers is all your fault Mr Roeder - Go Now !

Roeder on Canary call was bemoaning the lack of strikers available . Well you knew Mr Roeder back in April 08 that Dublin was leaving , you decided to dispense with Huckerby who was good for at least 10 goals a year and replace with Hoolihan who is good for no goals a year . You got rid of Chris Brown , Chris Martin and now Cureton on loan and left the cupboard bare  - Don''t you think you owe us supporters an explanation for this crass negilgence which leaves us with one player in the squad with a goalscoring record ( Lupoli ) and you don''t like to play him !!  You can''t expect to win matches without at least 2 goalscorers and you have gone over halfway in the season with none and at times playing midfielder Russell as striker . And while you are explaining that maybe you can answer why you let Shackell go to Wolves and leave us with no centre back cover . These schoolboy errors are totally your fault Mr Roeder , not Delia''s , not Pete Grants but yours - ones that will ultimately earn us relegation . Go Now !!

[quote user="Berks canary"]

Roeder on Canary call was bemoaning the lack of strikers available . Well you knew Mr Roeder back in April 08 that Dublin was leaving , you decided to dispense with Huckerby who was good for at least 10 goals a year and replace with Hoolihan who is good for no goals a year . You got rid of Chris Brown , Chris Martin and now Cureton on loan and left the cupboard bare  - Don''t you think you owe us supporters an explanation for this crass negilgence which leaves us with one player in the squad with a goalscoring record ( Lupoli ) and you don''t like to play him !!  You can''t expect to win matches without at least 2 goalscorers and you have gone over halfway in the season with none and at times playing midfielder Russell as striker . And while you are explaining that maybe you can answer why you let Shackell go to Wolves and leave us with no centre back cover . These schoolboy errors are totally your fault Mr Roeder , not Delia''s , not Pete Grants but yours - ones that will ultimately earn us relegation . Go Now !!

[/quote]

totally wrong bad post. I have no doubt that if Roeder had been given a couple of mill to spend on strikers then we would have a couple and wouldn''t be going down.

Not a Roeder fan, but you can''t buy strikers with peanuts, don''t forget we only got Lita due to our local benefactor.

You can give this clown as much money as you want. It ain''t going to make a scrap of difference. The sooner this is realised, the better.

Ok so there is no money to sign strikers....SO WHY GET RID OF HUCKS & BROWN????? Surely better front line than what we have now? Oh and you can add Strihavka to that too!

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]Ok so there is no money to sign strikers....SO WHY GET RID OF HUCKS & BROWN????? Surely better front line than what we have now? Oh and you can add Strihavka to that too![/quote]

Hucks to get him off the wage bill, Brown cos he was rubbish, and Strihavka because it would have cost money to have kept him, we were due to pay quite a lot extra for him if he stayed with us if memory serves. Don''t get me wrong I wanted Hucks to stay, and would rather have had Dave Striker than not have him but with this club it always comes down to doing it on the cheap. If we had upped our offers for Martin Taylor and Stefan Iverson would we be 21st in the league?

Agree that if Roeder had been given money to spend we wouldn''t be in this situation. No manager could have brought in quality with nothing to buy with.. The eparure of shackell was a good bit of business, we got about 750k i think for an average defender. Got his second start for wolves and was awful yesterday.

It was Roeders decision to get rid of  Huckerby and Brown and he knew Dublin was off last April - Instead of finding  replacements goalscorers he bought too many midfield players - we started the season without a target man and scored no gaols , we got Sibiersky ( poor scoring record ) at midnight on Jan 31st in a panic move - Are we really saying that he is a goalscorer or better target man than Chris Brown ?? By selling Shackell we have had 5'' 7" full backs playing centre half for more than a handful of games most of which we have lost - Are we really saying that selling Shackell was good buisness when you don''t get a replacement ? No it is Roeders arrogance with the likes of Huckerby and his manic desire to rid the team of any Peter Grant player without thinking of how to replace them that has caused the mess we are in . I have no doubt that we are going down - we will not find anyone to score the goals we need and without Lita and one other we are now doomed .

webbo118 too true too true but thanx to our indecisive board rodent stays or goes we will be going down

[quote user="Webbo118"]You can give this clown as much money as you want. It ain''t going to make a scrap of difference. The sooner this is realised, the better.[/quote]

Hard to argue with.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

Hucks to get him off the wage bill, Brown cos he was rubbish, and Strihavka because it would have cost money to have kept him, we were due to pay quite a lot extra for him if he stayed with us if memory serves. Don''t get me wrong I wanted Hucks to stay, and would rather have had Dave Striker than not have him but with this club it always comes down to doing it on the cheap. If we had upped our offers for Martin Taylor and Stefan Iverson would we be 21st in the league?

[/quote]

Not getting Taylor was a huge mistake, in the same way that we didn''t get Crouch in the summer of 2004 and muddled through to the Autumn with Docherty up front.  You could probably add Steve Howard to that too when Worthington wanted him to partner Earnshaw.  I think Roeder, Worthington and even to an extent Grant have all been undermined, whatever their shortcomings.

I don''t like Roeder much and even with the money its debatable whether he would have got the best out of other players, but the board are just as guilty, if not more.  When we''ve needed that crunch signing, they haven''t delivered (except for Huckerby, and even then it was Carl Moore who helped saved the day).

What amazed me about the interview with Roeder after the game was after being asked why we didn`t go more diect in the second half his reply was that we do not have the players to play a more direct style. - Forgive me but i thought Carl Cort was a big centre forward.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Berks canary"]

[/quote]

totally wrong bad post. I have no doubt that if Roeder had been given a couple of mill to spend on strikers then we would have a couple and wouldn''t be going down.

Not a Roeder fan, but you can''t buy strikers with peanuts, don''t forget we only got Lita due to our local benefactor.

[/quote]

Agree hes not had lots of funds but he chose to get rid of players then hasn''t replaced him, so why do it?

Huckerby was itching to resign and he would of been good for at least 10 goals this season beings he had overcome his fitness problems of the previous year!

By the way the benefactor you stated is Carl Moore who dislikes Roeder and only done it to try and help the club avoid relegation which now looks very likely!

We have a chance of staying up if we get shot of the main cause of our teams poor position regardless of money Roeders c*ap and has to go!

By the way the 1st post was spot on!

Roeder told us all a little while ago that he had "an ace up his sleeve". This turned out to be Carl Cort. We''re one-nil down with a few minutes to go, playing 4/4/2 and one of the "2" gets injured. What does he do? Bring on his "ace up the sleeve?" No we go 4/5/1 and leave Cort on the bench. Tactical brilliance. But don''t forget, the referee said we deserved something from the game. Forget about Orville finding us someone with some dosh, stick him in charge of the team.