Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Two things I plan on doing on Saturday.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Red Canary"]I will be at...

National demonstration in central London Saturday 10 January.

Stop the Massacre : Israel Out of Gaza

Assemble 12.30pm Speakers Corner, Hyde Park

Something constructive and i tired myself out getting lost at Charlton![/quote]

I admire your efforts but sadly it will do little good as the good old US is happy to allow its favourite Middle Eastern state to continue to murder civilians and so  inspire another generation of matyrs to justify its ongoing ( and self perpetuating ) war on terror.

[/quote]Beausean, tell me about it! But every one can make a difference, a lot like this football club!

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

1) Chanting for Roeder to resign.

2) Booing Fotheringham every time he touches the ball (controversial I know but he really is a crap leader).

Anyone else got any intentions for this match? Was thinking it may be good if everyone made "Roeder Resign" posters and displayed them at half time? (obviously we would have to be losing but Im sure that wont be a problem). We need to do something at this match!!

[/quote]

As much as I have no respect for Roeder (being a mere ''fan'' the feeling appears to be mutual) and think Fotheringham is hopelessly out of form, I''ve never seen anything to gain by the booing of players during a game. 

While it sometimes irritates me, I do appreciate the right of people to express their opinion and disappointment at some of the performances we''re seeing.  But to be honest I always assumed this to be bourne out of frustration and sparked by events on the pitch at the time, in much the same way as a bad refereeing decision.

It really hadn''t occurred to me that someone would make their mind up three days in advance to boo a player every time he touches the ball.  This can only be counter-productive at a time when we really need to be behind the players.

Roeder will get what''s coming to him sooner or later, he''s clearly not good enough  to take us forward.  But we need to take every point possible to give his successor the best chance of getting us out of the mess we''re in.

[quote user="Red Canary"]I will be at...

Or better still get a one-way ticket to Palestine and fight the terrorists (Hamas) cause if you feel so strongly about the situation. Those protests mainly fall on deafened ears and prove most effective in wasting the British taxpayers money through policing etc.There are persecutions going on all over the world - mistreatment and injustice, violations and infringments of peoples basic human rights to live free and purposeful lives, and you decide to sympathise with terrorism?! In are own back yard there are people refused life saving drugs/treatment, even though they''ve paid taxes into the system for most of their lives - same as the Pensioners who are dying of the cold because this sh*tty goverment fail to stand up to the fat cat energy companies.The above is happening despite spending more and more money each year on medical treatments - a considerable amount of that rise in expenditure is being spent on ethnic women to falsely make their husbands think they are virgins on their wedding night - yes, hymen replacements to ethnic women has risen by over 600% in 5 years costing hundreds of thousands of pounds.Major cities in the UK are seeing a massive increase in having to care for deformed babies & children that are being abandoned by their ethnic parents because a lot of arranged marriages are still being allowed to blood relations.Honour killings are on the rise and being reported less so as not to cause racial unrest and embarrassment to the communities.

I could go on all night, but this is a footy forum after all.

DO SOMETHING REALLY USEFUL AND GET OUTSIDE THE HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT AND PROTEST ABOUT THE CURRENT STATE OF THIS COUNTRY!!  [:@]

[quote user="AVIVADIVA"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

2) Booing Fotheringham every time he touches the ball (controversial I know but he really is a crap leader).

Anyone else got any intentions for this match? Was thinking it may be good if everyone made "Roeder Resign" posters and displayed them at half time? (obviously we would have to be losing but Im sure that wont be a problem). We need to do something at this match!!

[/quote]

As much as I have no respect for Roeder (being a mere ''fan'' the feeling appears to be mutual) and think Fotheringham is hopelessly out of form, I''ve never seen anything to gain by the booing of players during a game. 

While it sometimes irritates me, I do appreciate the right of people to express their opinion and disappointment at some of the performances we''re seeing.  But to be honest I always assumed this to be bourne out of frustration and sparked by events on the pitch at the time, in much the same way as a bad refereeing decision.

It really hadn''t occurred to me that someone would make their mind up three days in advance to boo a player every time he touches the ball.  This can only be counter-productive at a time when we really need to be behind the players.

Roeder will get what''s coming to him sooner or later, he''s clearly not good enough  to take us forward.  But we need to take every point possible to give his successor the best chance of getting us out of the mess we''re in.

[/quote]

Fotheringham needs to be told that he isnt playing to anywhere near an acceptable level. If Roeder isnt going to tell him, I certainly will. He thinks he is playing well. How he thinks this is beyond me. Roeder must spend alot of time kissing his ego, that much is certain. I dont want to be vindictive toward any of our players but when it comes to Fotheringham there is just something that doesnt sit right. Him and Roeder are almost making a mockery of the club.  

Firstly my friend i am soon (one year) to be traveling to the area to help with the UN aid effort in the region, teaching english to gaza''s children will be one of my first tasks. One of the reasons why i am teaching english is to help the children communicate to the outside world, as those countries with the most power speak english.Although you and many feel powerless, you must realise how lucky you are to have the gift of a vote,water,food and freedom. Do something useful and get out of what is now a multiracial nation, proud of its diversityI''m not sure if u watch the news or open ur eyes to the world..."Major cities in the UK are seeing a massive increase in having to care

for deformed babies & children that are being abandoned by their

ethnic parents because a lot of arranged marriages are still being

allowed to blood relations."
(sounds really like something from the daily Mail tbh).But if you did u would see all over the world outrage to these attacks, people around the world standing in solidarity with the citizens of Gaza. Dont for second think that its just in the Uk! You must open your eyes to the world and see...And for your later remarks...go ahead lead the revolution, see how many Mail readers come to your support!In fact you do make a valid point...If people would get off their bottoms and do something the world would be a better place...would''nt it?

Peace in

the Middle East will only come about when all sides accept that they

cannot have it their way - when they realise and admit that there is no

way to finish off the enemy and absolutely no chance to have peace

without offering peace to each other. Most of all, those in power have

to tell that to their people thus making an end to all ideological

propaganda which betrays those who die now and bereaves today''s

children of their future. But of course we all know that will never

happen, so in the meantime Israel giving up any kind of control in the

Middle East, be it by withdrawing from Palestinian territories, and/or

respecting Lebanon''s sovereignty and/or returning the Golan to Syria,

would be seen as a weakness and only serve to encourage more terrorist

attacks from said nations including Iran who will soon have the ''bomb''.

You see, Oh Red One,  my eyes are indeed wide open to what is going on in the world and I don''t need to scan the pages of some media rag to comprehend the logic in what you & others do via the protests, but I don''t

think it is very constructive on long sight to show sympathy for terrorists.

You do make some very valid points, which could work but....Not every Palestinian is a "Terrorist"! (500 dead cannot all be)Not every Israeli is a "blood thirsty killer"!Not to sound patronizing (sorry)...Hamas signed the Arab Peace Plan and Roadmap, which sets out a solution with two states and a unified Palestine, and which acknoweldeges Israel has a right to exist in a non-violent manner. But wait...you guessed it, the Israeli''s never signed it!

When you travel to the area to help the UN aid effort, may be the first thing you should teach those children is not to lob rockets into Israel in the future. [:P]

[quote]You do make some very valid points, which could work but....Not every Palestinian is a "Terrorist"! (500 dead cannot all be)[/quote]

With all due respect, Red One, the majority of Palestinians elected Hamas fully knowing what they are all about.Yes it''s tragic that innocent Palestinians are getting killed, but is it Israel''s fault that the likes of the cowardly Hamas are basing themselves in heavily populated residential areas knowing full well that the result of that will most likely end in innocent Palestinian deaths?

[quote]Hamas signed the Arab Peace Plan and Roadmap, which sets out a solution

with two states and a unified Palestine, and which acknoweldeges Israel

has a right to exist in a non-violent manner. But wait...you guessed it, the Israeli''s never signed it![/quote]

It''s a good thing you''re not a history teacher. [:P]

[/quote]

Watching Imps World - just as troublesome as any FC world - and hoping Lincoln can get three points against Brentford on Saturday and in between the "frozen video" hoping that Patulea, The Horse and Tony Elding are up front all at the same time.

Bring it on! 

Saying to a computer screen: Come on Imps.

Sad or what? [+o(]

Will anyone else chanting for Roeders resignation tmo? Or are you all a bunch of pussies? I dont want to get there and find another pathetic crowd that goes all quiet when Delia shows up, taking no affirmitive action whatsoever when we are getting murdered on the pitch. When we go behind tmo we HAVE to make some noise tmo. It really is getting that desperate. When we lose tmo that will be five defeats from seven with only only win. I am sick of it. Please make an effort and do something constructive: Voice your concerns.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]Will anyone else chanting for Roeders resignation tmo? Or are you all a bunch of pussies? I dont want to get there and find another pathetic crowd that goes all quiet when Delia shows up, taking no affirmitive action whatsoever when we are getting murdered on the pitch. When we go behind tmo we HAVE to make some noise tmo. It really is getting that desperate. When we lose tmo that will be five defeats from seven with only only win. I am sick of it. Please make an effort and do something constructive: Voice your concerns.[/quote]There have been more posts on the Israel/Palestine conflict on this thread than your proposal. Back to the drawing board I would suggest [:P]

[quote user="Red Canary"]I will be at...

Something constructive and i tired myself out getting lost at Charlton!
[/quote]

Benjamin Netanyahu - "if the Arabs put down their weapons, there will be no more war. But if israel puts down its weapons, there will be no more Israel,"

Never a truer word said in my opinion, if rockets were being fired into my street I would want my Gov''t to do something about it, if neighboring countries had terrorist organisations like Hamas and Hezbollah attacking my country then I would want my Govt to do something about it. Iran and Syria are laughing at people such as you my friend. They don''t care about the bodies in the streets of Gaza, or the Palestinians, it''s all good propaganda for them in their ultimate goal of wiping Israel off the map.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Red Canary"]I will be at...

Benjamin Netanyahu - "if the Arabs put down their weapons, there will be no more war. But if israel puts down its weapons, there will be no more Israel,"

Never a truer word said in my opinion, if rockets were being fired into my street I would want my Gov''t to do something about it, if neighboring countries had terrorist organisations like Hamas and Hezbollah attacking my country then I would want my Govt to do something about it. Iran and Syria are laughing at people such as you my friend. They don''t care about the bodies in the streets of Gaza, or the Palestinians, it''s all good propaganda for them in their ultimate goal of wiping Israel off the map.

[/quote]Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I can''t help thinking the Balfour Declaration was one of the most fatuous brainwaves in the last 2,000 years or so.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]Will anyone else chanting for Roeders resignation tmo? Or are you all a bunch of pussies? I dont want to get there and find another pathetic crowd that goes all quiet when Delia shows up, taking no affirmitive action whatsoever when we are getting murdered on the pitch. When we go behind tmo we HAVE to make some noise tmo. It really is getting that desperate. When we lose tmo that will be five defeats from seven with only only win. I am sick of it. Please make an effort and do something constructive: Voice your concerns.[/quote]

There have been more posts on the Israel/Palestine conflict on this thread than your proposal. Back to the drawing board I would suggest [:P]
[/quote]

The sad thing is Shack, you''re absolutley right. How my thread became a depate about palestine is beyond me. Oh well, just goes to show how ''passionate'' our travelling support can be. I will voice my concerns, Im sure others will too.

[/quote]CHANGE YOUR NAME NOW YOU IDIOThow the hell can you call your self a fan, you don''t know what it means

[/quote]

I''m sorry but i cannot and will not boo players if they want to play for the badge, as for Roeder,  during the game is bad timing IMO, save it for after a home game mate.

What I don''t really understand about the Stop the War demos going on in London today is why they''re being held in the capital city of a country that''s engaged in talks to try to bring a ceasefire... so who are they protesting to? Protester: "Stop the War, Gordon!" Gordon Brown: "Okay, we''ll try..."Protester: "Erm.... okay... jolly good... we''ll just, erm, go home then..."It would be like Smudger and his one man protest gang rocking up at Old Trafford.  If they really want to make a difference, why not jet out to the Middle East?? Or would that inconvience these protesters just a little too much? Lightweights..... at least thecanaryfan is going all the way to Sheffield for his.... [:P]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Red Canary"]I will be at...

Something constructive and i tired myself out getting lost at Charlton!
[/quote]

[/quote]

If only it were that simple.If Gaza was not riddled with illegal settlements to which Israel and the US happily turn a blind eye I might agree with you. While the Goliath that is Israel continues to murder Palestinian civilians it creates another generation of potential suicide bombers and so the bloody merry-go-round continues.Neither side has right on it''s side and until they are brought to the negotiating table with the US taking a neutral position, this butchery will continue ad finitum.

[/quote]Well that''s helpful - if only there were more heroes like you!Why don''t you do everyone a favour, cancel your season ticket and go and watch a team that wins every week. Chelsea isn''t that far?

[/quote]So, did you do either?Fozzy played well yesterday and I didn''t hear a single Roeder/board out chant

[/quote]

You sound remarkably like that young, husky voiced fan sitting behind me at Bramall Lane yesterday (behind the goal, back of the stand). In any event you should get a life and grow up. Yes, we know Fozzy has had a poor season but yesterday he had fearful abuse even though the guy had a half decent game.  Virtually no misplaced passes or giving the ball away yet he still got showered with vitriol. Clingan, on the other hand, who had probably his poorest game for City escaped scot free!  Booing your own players (UNLESS they have publicly shown disrespect for the club is bang out of order).

Oh and if you were that fan then haven''t you got anything more original to sing throughout the entire game than that buch of anti Ipswich songs. I lost count of the number of times I heard ...''If you really f-----g hate them clap your hands'', it really is boring and exceptionally narrow minded.   

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

You sound remarkably like that young, husky voiced fan sitting behind me at Bramall Lane yesterday (behind the goal, back of the stand). In any event you should get a life and grow up. Yes, we know Fozzy has had a poor season but yesterday he had fearful abuse even though the guy had a half decent game.  Virtually no misplaced passes or giving the ball away yet he still got showered with vitriol. Clingan, on the other hand, who had probably his poorest game for City escaped scot free!  Booing your own players (UNLESS they have publicly shown disrespect for the club is bang out of order).

Oh and if you were that fan then haven''t you got anything more original to sing throughout the entire game than that buch of anti Ipswich songs. I lost count of the number of times I heard ...''If you really f-----g hate them clap your hands'', it really is boring and exceptionally narrow minded.   

[/quote]

Nothing narrow minded about that my friend.[:D]

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well you need to get a life as well my friend. NCF are sinking faster than The Titanic but hey, what the hell as long as we still take the piss out of and abuse the local enemy then nothing else matters??

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well you need to get a life as well my friend. NCF are sinking faster than The Titanic but hey, what the hell as long as we still take the piss out of and abuse the local enemy then nothing else matters??

[/quote]

WHOOOOOO. i agree mate i was having a laugh. Bloody hell mate I''d take the piss out of the scum if i was sinking WITH the titanic. You need to read my posts, I, along with half a dozen others have been actively saying the same  since the premiership season sunshine.

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

WHOOOOOO. i agree mate i was having a laugh. Bloody hell mate I''d take the piss out of the scum if i was sinking WITH the titanic. You need to read my posts, I, along with half a dozen others have been actively saying the same  since the premiership season sunshine.

[/quote]

Arthur, you have been found guilty of having a sense of humour on a public forum. I trust that you are  feeling sufficiently guilty![:D]