Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for the Academy with Pink un Pickers.

Yes you lovely old Pickers its time to get your "naps" in for the Free Bet this weekend and its another of our young lions that has joined us this season Ncfc Shaun, who happens to be moving up Nuttys league at a fair old pace who is in charge.

I am sure you are all aware that we are in the grip of winters chill with the likelihood of the cold strengthening bringing with it more postponed matches. I feel it is our duty as Pickers when giving Shaun our "nap" we also give him our assurance that our selection has the chance of being  played, this requires diligence and common sense on our part, we must keep our weather eye open all the time, in the same manner that the lovely old Lappinitup did last week , he followed his selection up with all the information he could, leaving no stone unturned and was rewarded with the only fixture played in the Blue square league and a winner to boot, so well done Lapp.

Remember there is nothing worse than having a postponed match amongst the 6 as it brings the payout down by so much and if we have 2 or 3 its a wasted week altogether but I am sure we can overcome all of this with our wonderful team of Pickers. There is also for your consideration an almost full league programme from the sunny pastures of Europe.

So all that remains is for me to hand over the Free Bet, there you are Shaun its with you now. Good luck....[Y]..arrdee.

Thanks Arrdee and Inch High [Y]

I''ve been looking forward to my go at this and I shall do my best, but I can only do that with everybodys help so keep those excellent picks coming. Everybody''s selection shall be considered in the final choices (is it 6 or 5 I have to pick by the way).

And also do I get a nap this week? If so I''ll place my nap at the same time as I reveal the bet for this weekend on friday. I work friday night so my choices should be on at about 9pm Friday. Is that ok? Thanks one again.

Fulham to beat Blackburn for me. (Think we will lose actually but cant bring myself to do it Sad [:(])

Inadvertantly put this on last weeks! Touch of the prematures. Must be those pictures of Hucks.

Good luck Shaun.

I am tempted to go with Celtic.  The cold doesn''t look like it will affect the game, but they are forecast for thick fog and heavy rain on Saturday, and knowing my luck...............  I''ll have another look.

Hopefully this one will avoid the freeze this weekend...

Scunthorpe V Hereford - Home win

Scunny in playoffs and although they have wobbled a bit of late Hereford travel worse than City with an away record of played 12, lost 10, drawn 1, won 1 during which they have managed a dire 5 goals for and conceded 25.  If it avoids the weather this looks a solid banker.

Good luck Shaun

The cogs have been working overtime this week, its been really tough and I am just picking one!  I have been tempted by a few including Barcelona but Osasuna may be bottom, but their recent form especially their home form is not too bad.

I have decided to go with -

Inter Milan vs Cagliari - Inter to win.  Milan at top and at home, Cagliari not too badly placed in the league, but struggle to pick up any points away from home.

So Inter is my nap this week, good luck Shaun.[:)][Y]

I had it in mind earlier in the week to go for Cardiff to beat Derby this week, but the Clough effect has made me nervous of that one. So I am going to go for Leicester to win at home against Leyton Orient.  Good luck Shaun I hopoes well for you with this weeks pick.

Leicester ( top of the league) to beat poor Orient

Good Luck Shaun

Lets see who can I mess up this week.

Always liked Oneil so villa home win for me.

That should give the top four breathing space.

not touching the derby, villa seem to struggle and wba seem full of energy again

dipping into scottish cup this week to select

celtic to beat dundee

For my nap this week, it has to be Celtic to beat Dundee in the Scottish Cup. Cannot see anything other than a heavy Celtic win.

Good luck Shaun, your stats are pretty good, this could be the week we win again!

I don''t normally go for away wins but on current form, I just can''t see Stoke getting anything from Liverpool so.....

Stoke v Liverpool......Away win.

The Britannia Stadium has undersoil heating so the match is unlikely to be affected by the weather.

Good luck Shaun [Y]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Thanks Arrdee and Inch High [Y]

I''ve been looking forward to my go at this and I shall do my best, but I can only do that with everybodys help so keep those excellent picks coming. Everybody''s selection shall be considered in the final choices (is it 6 or 5 I have to pick by the way).

And also do I get a nap this week? If so I''ll place my nap at the same time as I reveal the bet for this weekend on friday. I work friday night so my choices should be on at about 9pm Friday. Is that ok? Thanks one again.

[/quote]

Yes thats fine Shaun, 6 selections is spot on and of course you get to make a "nap" as for mine its Inter Milan with my fingers crossed, Good luck Shaun....[Y]..arrdee.

Also agree with a home win for Scunthorpe v. Hereford.

Scunthorpe are W2 D3 L1 in their last 6 home league games.

Hereford are W1 D0 L5 in their last 6 away league games.

Good Luck, Shaun!

Am delving into the FA Carlsberg Trophy this week for my nap and its Torquay to beat Rushden & Diamonds.