Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Worst 5 players you have SEEN play for Norwich....

Ok the rules:-Pick the FIVE players that you consider to be the worst you have seen play for Norwich SINCE 1993.  Please follow my format by listing the five players in order of the one that you consider the worst, I will then tally up the scores by giving each number 1 five points, and each number 5 one point.We can then determine who exactly wins the Pink Un Forum Worst Player Since 1993 Award...... please keep conversation to a minimum (if you dont agree with somebodies selection, there is no point in mentioning as all votes will be counted), any sixth players will not be counted, your first answers are taken and cannot be changed.Me First:1) Steve Walsh                      2) Ian Henderson3) Raymond De Waard4) Tony Cottee5) Daryl Sutch

Doherty has come on a lot this season. if you think he''s our worst player then i''ll have what you''re taking please! Sutch... also this is a little cruel... he wasn''t the greatest but there has been far worse... Velasco (sp) from last season... Derveld... Emblen...

Terms of let down it has to be Marc Libbra... really thought he was going to something special... and for that matter... both jarvis bothers and especially chrissy martin... so much natural ability... where did it all go? what i would give to have that chris martin back at norwich who was hungry and fearless...

Please: Gary Doherty?? How many motm accolades has he collected in a Norwich shirt? MARK FOTHERINGHAM. God I hope he''s on the bench tmo. [:|]

1. fernando develd - ole clubfoot!!

2. daryl sutch - well i have my views on this man... wasnt the best on the field... but a right t0sser off it... cant stand the man... had a massive argument with him when i worked for the club, which adrian forbes found funny!

3 paul dalglish - kenny should really get a dna test... surely he wasnt the son of the liverpool legend???

4. tony cottee - wasnt here long.. but jesus.. he was awful, cant believe he was brought in to replace bellamy lol

5. steve walsh - over weight... and just rubbish!... the game agaisnt wolves where we wore the white kit... need i say more?

there players that may make you think if you are getting stuck for ideas... zema abbey? des hamilton? paul peschshildio?

I see a few have chosen de warrd, well i actually rated the guy... in time he could have become good... well i believe anyway... , also people say ginger pele... the man is mr consistant, ok he is no john terry but he will give it his all.

David BellAndy Marshall(the lets all do the marshall dance, lmao)John HartsonClint Eastonthe mouthy fan sitting 2 rows behind me in the upper barclay who doesnt know S**t about football and hates Cureton. (what a dumba**)

[quote user="The Chirp"]Doherty has come on a lot this season. if you think he''s our worst player then i''ll have what you''re taking please! Sutch... also this is a little cruel... he wasn''t the greatest but there has been far worse... Velasco (sp) from last season... Derveld... Emblen...

Terms of let down it has to be Marc Libbra... really thought he was going to something special... and for that matter... both jarvis bothers and especially chrissy martin... so much natural ability... where did it all go? what i would give to have that chris martin back at norwich who was hungry and fearless... [/quote]So basically, you are going to start a conversation on the thread instead of simply playing the game and giving me your top five?

Based upon their appearance for us, that I have seen...

Sean Carey

John Hartson

Elvis Hammond

Zesh Rehman

Brian McGovern

Based upon some of the comments on this board, you could also include include the number 13 from the 03/04 and 04/05 seasons...

Chris Llewelyn (sp?) - Not an obvious choice but apart from the early promise he was crap. One of the lasiest ever players to play for the Yella''s IMO. ?

Paul McVeigh - Controversial I know, but what did he do after 2003? Self obsessed - last straw when his hair band fell off in one game and he stopped to pick it up instead of chasing the opposition player!

Steve Walsh - ?????????????

Jamie Ashdown - Couldn''t Kick, conceded 5 at Stoke, and got sent off. Need I say more?

Antoine Sibierski - Useless, Panic singing.

All recent one''s I know, but I thought I''d add a bit of spice to things and not go for the (so) obvious candidates (apart from Walsh).

Oh blimey, so many to choose!  There are 3 eras that stand out.  Mike Walker''s second spell, Bryan Hamilton''s short reign, and the last four years.  I''ll plump for the following, but I could easily change my mind.

1 Victor Segura

2 Raymond de Waard

3 Fernando Derveld

4 Julian Brellier

5 Paul Dalglish

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Mike MilliganIan MurrayFernando DerveldJulien BrellierPeter Thorne[/quote]And can I have Justin Jarrett as super sub?

Papa Diop

Played for us once at CR on Boxing Day 1997(?) then disappeared without trace.  Long before half time it was patently obvious that while he had pace he had never learned how to take a throw in or to do anything much else involving a football apart from stepovers.  Nearly got sent off for, um, "clearing his throat" in the direction of the away fans (QPR I believe it was).  All highly entertaining.

Apparently Papa Diop is the equivalent of John Smith in Senegal but Mike Walker didn''t know that.  He probably thought he was getting the Papa Diop.

Hmm - sadly I think most come from recent years.

Andy Hughes

Jason Jarrett

Ian Murray

Ian Henderson

Simon Tracey

[quote user="The Chirp"]Doherty has come on a lot this season. if you think he''s our worst player then i''ll have what you''re taking please! Sutch... also this is a little cruel... he wasn''t the greatest but there has been far worse... Velasco (sp) from last season... Derveld... Emblen...

Terms of let down it has to be Marc Libbra... really thought he was going to something special... and for that matter... both jarvis bothers and especially chrissy martin... so much natural ability... where did it all go? what i would give to have that chris martin back at norwich who was hungry and fearless... [/quote]how?? he only played a couple of games, then got injured

1. Jason Jarrett

2. Steve Walsh

3. Ian Henderson

4. Adrian Coote

5. Carl Robinson

I didn''t include Emblem, Briggs, McGovern, Che Wilson and the like because it''s a bit unfair as they hardly played.

I wish i could say it was surprising that most of mine have come from the past couple of years or so, but here it goes:1 Ian Murray (Never seen anyone play so badly at left back (Not even Pattison against Tottenham was as bad in that position)2 Jason Jarrett3 Julian Brellier4 Peter Thorne5 Mark Fotheringham

bored so have gone for a 442 from hell

Watt

Sutch          Walsh   Segura   Derveld

DeWarrd   Carey   Grant   Llewellyn

Coney   Sheron

and on the bench: Tracey, Emblen, Henderson, Woodthorpe, Rosario

Oh come on now Twosheds Paul Haylock? He was present during a promotion campaign and a cup win maybe not the best we''ve ever had at right back but we''ve certainly had worse. Woods, Haylock, Downs, Mendham  could have been printed in the programme months before matchday in those years.