Sign in to follow this  
storeman

Cancelling my season ticket

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

Nigel my friend,

Can I ask you one question, how far would you see this club sink before you would be prepared to take any kind of action?

CA xx

[/quote]

Angel.. In my life do what I believe to be right. I treat people the way I would like to be treated myself. I didn''t get involved in all that Worthy Out stuff because a lot of it was personal and unneccessary. Those that did obviously believed it to be right for them. Had I got involved I wouldn''t have been true to myself. In the end what happened has taken the club backwards. I get no comfort from pointing that out.

What do you feel was achieved by taking that action?

[/quote]

You answer my question and then I''ll answer yours [:)]

[/quote]

Well there you go Angel.. Mello has answered it for me. He reminds me of my mother-in-law in that what he don’t know ‘int worth knowing. For what it’s worth it wasn’t the sacking of Nigel Worthington that I was so against. It was the nasty personal stuff that had no factual basis whatsoever that was used by timid spineless critics from behind their keyboards. And that’s as far as timid spineless mello will go you know. Just sniping from behind that keyboard. Always being right but having the option of changing his views as his hindsight outdates the views he used to have. The Keyboard Kate of the City Stand this message boards own Cathedral mouse - small and insignificant who always knows best but never does anything about it.

To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice.

But he served his country you know [:|]

Now if I may answer your question. It would take belief that the board were dishonest and could have done more before I would take any kind of action against them. When I see people doing their best and being prepared to back that with their own money I believe they deserve my support.

As far as Roeder goes it''s my opinion that there''s no future in continually changing the manager. I don''t like some of the decisions he has made and he is more inconsistent than his team. But I don''t see where changing him now would help us. I would trust him with this transfer window and hope he can pull another rabbit out of the hat. Don''t forget he got us Evans twice and then Lita. I think he is our best chance of getting someone for this January. If he doesn''t manage to get anyone and there''s no sign of him turning it around then as a last resort we could change the manager and pray. But that would be a reral shot in the dark but desperate times would require desperate measures.

Now Angel, how far would you let the club sink before you take any action and what do you feel has been gained since Worthy was sacked?

[/quote]

But a lot of people would argue that the Board have been dishonest, at least liberal with the Truth with spin. Surely you can see that?

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

But a lot of people would argue that the Board have been dishonest, at least liberal with the Truth with spin. Surely you can see that?

[/quote]

Well obviously I can''t or I would say they''d been dishonest too.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ashton?

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]What about Ashton Arturo?[/quote]

Oh come on NN.

[/quote]

Come on what? What about Ashton. Is this some sort of guessing game..

Curran.

Oh come on NN.

[/quote]

Curran.

[/quote]

I refuse to play this game and you sir know exactly what happened prior to the West Ham game. I''ll let other posters work out the naive one between us old buddy.[;)]

And thats just the tip of the spins NN.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

Nigel my friend,

Can I ask you one question, how far would you see this club sink before you would be prepared to take any kind of action?

CA xx

[/quote]

Angel.. In my life do what I believe to be right. I treat people the way I would like to be treated myself. I didn''t get involved in all that Worthy Out stuff because a lot of it was personal and unneccessary. Those that did obviously believed it to be right for them. Had I got involved I wouldn''t have been true to myself. In the end what happened has taken the club backwards. I get no comfort from pointing that out.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well there you go Angel.. Mello has answered it for me. He reminds me of my mother-in-law in that what he don’t know ‘int worth knowing. For what it’s worth it wasn’t the sacking of Nigel Worthington that I was so against. It was the nasty personal stuff that had no factual basis whatsoever that was used by timid spineless critics from behind their keyboards. And that’s as far as timid spineless mello will go you know. Just sniping from behind that keyboard. Always being right but having the option of changing his views as his hindsight outdates the views he used to have. The Keyboard Kate of the City Stand this message boards own Cathedral mouse - small and insignificant who always knows best but never does anything about it.

Now if I may answer your question. It would take belief that the board were dishonest and could have done more before I would take any kind of action against them. When I see people doing their best and being prepared to back that with their own money I believe they deserve my support.

As far as Roeder goes it''s my opinion that there''s no future in continually changing the manager. I don''t like some of the decisions he has made and he is more inconsistent than his team. But I don''t see where changing him now would help us. I would trust him with this transfer window and hope he can pull another rabbit out of the hat. Don''t forget he got us Evans twice and then Lita. I think he is our best chance of getting someone for this January. If he doesn''t manage to get anyone and there''s no sign of him turning it around then as a last resort we could change the manager and pray. But that would be a reral shot in the dark but desperate times would require desperate measures.

Now Angel, how far would you let the club sink before you take any action and what do you feel has been gained since Worthy was sacked?

[/quote]

Nutless, I''m only treating you - how you treat other people....Ok? "Angel.. In my life do what I believe to be right. I treat people the way I would like to be treated myself."  

So now don''t you let your holier than thou attitude and synthetic halo slip y''hear? The one that''s precariously perched atop that vertically mounted brush shank (placebo spine) that keeps you bolt upright.....And in all honesty, if I was unfortunate enough to be your "Ma'' in Law," - I''d tell my daughter she should have married a man - not a mouse.

Make your mind up Nutless Gutless, you contradict yourself saying one minute you were against Worthy''s sacking....then you come out with...."For what it’s worth it wasn’t the sacking of Nigel Worthington that I was so against. It was the nasty personal stuff that had no factual basis whatsoever that was used by timid spineless critics from behind their keyboards." 

I might be a Keyboard Kate, but I''d beat you at arm-wrestling....."Flop"...."Oooh! moind me nail''s....I''ve just had ''em done!"  

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Oh come on NN.

[/quote]

Curran.

[/quote]

I refuse to play this game and you sir know exactly what happened prior to the West Ham game. I''ll let other posters work out the naive one between us old buddy.[;)]

[/quote]

You''re the one playing the game Arturo - for the last time Ashton what? If you''re saying about his injury didn''t Worthy say he had the scans? Are you still going down the Worthy Out road after all this time?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Oh come on NN.

[/quote]

Curran.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re the one playing the game Arturo - for the last time Ashton what? If you''re saying about his injury didn''t Worthy say he had the scans? Are you still going down the Worthy Out road after all this time?

[/quote]

Yeah of course and i suppose Dickson was at the Dentist with you?[;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

Nigel my friend,

CA xx

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutless, I''m only treating you - how you treat other people....Ok? "Angel.. In my life do what I believe to be right. I treat people the way I would like to be treated myself."  

So now don''t you let your holier than thou attitude and synthetic halo slip y''hear? The one that''s precariously perched atop that vertically mounted brush shank (placebo spine) that keeps you bolt upright.....And in all honesty, if I was unfortunate enough to be your "Ma'' in Law," - I''d tell my daughter she should have married a man - not a mouse.

Make your mind up Nutless Gutless, you contradict yourself saying one minute you were against Worthy''s sacking....then you come out with...."For what it’s worth it wasn’t the sacking of Nigel Worthington that I was so against. It was the nasty personal stuff that had no factual basis whatsoever that was used by timid spineless critics from behind their keyboards." 

I might be a Keyboard Kate, but I''d beat you at arm-wrestling....."Flop"...."Oooh! moind me nail''s....I''ve just had ''em done!"  

[/quote]

You know what I reckon mello...

Once a timid little mouse always a timid little mouse. Delia''s little mouse on a matchday but arm wrestling tough guy behind closed doors. Fat podgy arms and short podgy fingers ain''t the best for arm wrestling but I guess you could give it a go on your keyboard. Is there virtual armwrestling on the internet? ... I''ll check it out for ya... here you go, this is right up your street kate... keyboard arm wrestling! http://www.goplay247.com/game/2938/Arm-Wrestle-My-Ego.html  How about that.. it could have been created just for you.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

Nigel my friend,

CA xx

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Once a timid little mouse always a timid little mouse. Delia''s little mouse on a matchday but arm wrestling tough guy behind closed doors. Fat podgy arms and short podgy fingers ain''t the best for arm wrestling but I guess you could give it a go on your keyboard. Is there virtual armwrestling on the internet? ... I''ll check it out for ya... here you go, this is right up your street kate... keyboard arm wrestling! http://www.goplay247.com/game/2938/Arm-Wrestle-My-Ego.html  How about that.. it could have been created just for you.

[/quote]

I''m in the C&H on matchdays ''Nowtless,'' I''m the big fella - the one with the ears, pointed nose and whiskers, nibblin'' on a lump o'' cheese and havin'' a squeak and a laugh with my fellow rodents...

Anyway, it appears from other posts, that I''m not the only one who thinks that you''re a complete and utter club apologist.....''Flop''...[|-)] 

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Oh come on NN.

[/quote]

Curran.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well was he? [:^)]

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Oh come on NN.

[/quote]

Curran.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arturo.. what are you blabbering on about? I don''t know if Dickson was at the dentist... who said he was? I was trying to sort out the free bet stats... I wasn''t ignoring you. Here''s a couple for you...

"Worthy ignores our youth" "Worthy lost the dressing room"

I have to go now...

toodle pip[Y]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

Nigel my friend,

CA xx

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m in the C&H on matchdays ''Nowtless,'' I''m the big fella - the one with the ears, pointed nose and whiskers, nibblin'' on a lump o'' cheese and havin'' a squeak and a laugh with my fellow rodents...

Anyway, it appears from other posts, that I''m not the only one who thinks that you''re a complete and utter club apologist.....''Flop''...[|-)] 

[/quote]

How did you get on with the arm wrestling [:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Oh come on NN.

[/quote]

Curran.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arturo.. what are you blabbering on about? I don''t know if Dickson was at the dentist... who said he was? I was trying to sort out the free bet stats... I wasn''t ignoring you. Here''s a couple for you...

I have to go now...

toodle pip[Y]

[/quote]

Bingo calling?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Oh come on NN.

[/quote]

Curran.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have to go now...

toodle pip[Y]

[/quote]

Bingo calling?

[/quote]

31st

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Oh come on NN.

[/quote]

Curran.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have to go now...

toodle pip[Y]

[/quote]

Bingo calling?

[/quote]

31st

[/quote]

Not online either... for real [:O]

Got bogs to clean though. Must be nice to have a career [:|]

I never did rate the hotel mind.....

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Oh come on NN.

[/quote]

Curran.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have to go now...

toodle pip[Y]

[/quote]

Bingo calling?

[/quote]

31st

[/quote]

Not online either... for real [:O]

Got bogs to clean though. Must be nice to have a career [:|]

I never did rate the hotel mind.....

[;)]

[/quote]

Flop....

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Flop....[/quote]

Never mind Mello, that happens to men of your age...
[/quote]

But my name''s Kate? and I have a Keyboard!....[co]

Anyway, do you fancy yourself as some kinda young virile stallion or summat?[:|] I thought you were a pensioner?[:O]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]A pensioner with a 20 a day viagra habit, I''ll have you know !
[/quote]

Do you find it hard getting up - first thing in the morning?

Like many posting on this thread I am currently seriously undecided about whether to renew my season ticket next season. I am a home and away season ticket holder and have had a season ticket every season bar 1 since 1986. I will probably do it in the end but only because going to football with my mates on a saturday is what I do and not going would leave a big gap in my life.I fully expect season ticket sales to plummet next season and crowds to be down by 5,000 -7,000. Someone posted above that it may be a good thing to go back to smaller crowds as it would be the loyal supporters left but in my experience is is the people I would regard as the "loyal" old school fans who have been going to Carrow Road who are most disillusioned and who are likely to stay away and for me that is the most worrying thing.I don''t really see how they can expect people to renew early this year anyway when its highly likely that we will not even know what division we are going to be in. I can''t see many people shelling out early for a season ticket at championship prices when its entirely possible we may be in league 1.

I have decided that I''m not renewing next season.  The running of the club and management of our team has got to ridiculous levels now.  This is no longer Norwich City Football Club, it''s just a shambles.  Norwich City to me means a club priding itself on bringing through it''s youngsters into the first team.  To have a side of eleven committed players playing for the shirt.  To have pride in getting behind your team, who in turn play there hearts out week in week out for you.  To having a relationship with your players.  Having home grown players that big sides are casting envious eyes over.  We have none of this anymore.  Unfortunately, the people in charge of running this club have made a complete balls up of it since relegation from the premiership.  I no longer have the heart to "get behind the lads" as they are not "our lads" any more.  I feel so distanced from the club, and fellow supporters around me who seem to think everything is great.  And the cherry on top of the cake is the pathetic "manager" we have in charge at the moment.  The academy??  Maybe this should change it''s name to "The worlds biggest waste of money".  Since the inception of "the academy" and all the fantastic facilities that have accompanied it, who has made the breakthrough into the first team.  No.  Nobody.  All we have done is strengthen other teams squads (Joe Lewis, Chris Martin, Spillane etc).  Likewise with the first team.  We are now treated as a place where fringe premiership players can come to, get guaranteed first team football (at the expense of our OWN players), put themselves in the shop window, and/or clear off back to their parent clubs at the end of it with a clear conscience.  They couldn''t care less about Norwich City Football Club.

We have become a joke, and I for one will not pay good money into this rather macabre brand of humour.  Norwich City Football Club (as was) is too important to me to see it being dragged through the dirt by the current bosses.  If anyone dares to think I''m a fairweather fan, then they are as stupid as the people who sit near me in the barclay (where I have stood/sat for 29 years by the way).  It''s hard, but until the day this club can restore some pride again, and some identity, I will no longer be attending.

No Quarter, a fantastic post, can''t really argue with any of your points. The renewal thing is always a highly personal decision made up of many pros and cons (especially now).

Like Jim in the post before yours, I will renew because I love football (or at least the chance or hope of seeing some) and the buzz from meeting friends and the atmosphere. Things have to improve though and I expect some changes to be made before I sign on the dotted line.

Particularly relevant in your post is the identity thing. I still want to go and support the team, but it''s becoming less and less our team every week, and certainly by every transfer window. Heartbreaking - that our club has come to this. I don''t think I have even felt this low about our prospects, both short and long term. Hope that things will change is all we have and pride in our past. The present is best not thought about too much.

[/quote]

[/quote]

But what about ''liberal with the truth with spin''?

Or do you think you have dodged that part of the question?

Not really expecting a straight answer, but I thought I''d just point it out anyway.

[<:o)]

OTBC

gazzathegreat wrote the following post at 11/01/2009 10:38 PM:

No Quarter, a fantastic post, can''t really argue with any of your points. The renewal thing is always a highly personal decision made up of many pros and cons (especially now).

Like Jim in the post before yours, I will renew because I love football (or at least the chance or hope of seeing some) and the buzz from meeting friends and the atmosphere. Things have to improve though and I expect some changes to be made before I sign on the dotted line.

Particularly relevant in your post is the identity thing. I still want to go and support the team, but it''s becoming less and less our team every week, and certainly by every transfer window. Heartbreaking - that our club has come to this. I don''t think I have even felt this low about our prospects, both short and long term. Hope that things will change is all we have and pride in our past. The present is best not thought about too much.

Great post, my thoughts exactly

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really expecting a straight answer, but I thought I''d just point it out anyway.

OTBC

[/quote]

Nope.. I don''t believe they have been liberal with the truth with spin. Is that straight enough for you?

However I do think that your spin is the least truthful of the posters on here and there have been countless examples that I have pointed it out to you when the world and his wife was watching.

Least truthful poster award? Quite possibly [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Nope.. I don''t believe they have been liberal with the truth with spin. Is that straight enough for you?

However I do think that your spin is the least truthful of the posters on here and there have been countless examples that I have pointed it out to you when the world and his wife was watching.

Least truthful poster award? Quite possibly [:|]

[/quote]

Spin again.

Leg spin, off spin, chinaman, doosra.......... You are quite the resident expert.

You can fool some of the posters all of the time and all of the posters some of the time but not all of the posters all of the time. The world and his wife know that.

Your position has become virtually untenable and it seems that everybody knows apart from you. That is the sad part.

Poor nigel.

Still, one love.

OTBC