Sign in to follow this  
storeman

Cancelling my season ticket

Actually I think our club has show a fair amount of loyalty to us. I do not consider myself a ''long term fan'' but I have been a fanatic since the early 70''s, and in those days i can tell you we were not treated as ''customers''. Being a football fan was seriously ''uncool'', and we were in no doubt that we were lumpen-proletarian fodder. Attending an away match was a kin to asking for trouble not only from the opposing fans but the local Constabulary. I think it was this ''backs to the wall'' adversarial type experience that solidified my loyalty to City. Things are looking bleak at present, but to my mind we have had it good these last few decades, so why should we leave the sinking ship at this stage?  In the end it is about supporting your Club despite the results.

The only reason I would not support our Club is if i felt there was corruption in the system. I did feel this under Chase so I stopped going (usually I demonstated outside the ground on match days, and went to away games only). Some people on this board have argued that the current Board are basically ''corrupt'' but I beg to differ. In my professional life (in the NHS) I have always  been guided by my principles, and one of these is my belief that you do what you think is right (for the patient) despite the risks involved, and you act in good faith. In these situations if you get it wrong you have to accept the consequences. I believe the current Board have acted in good faith, and if they have got it wrong, then I for one will respect them for making mistakes for the best of reasons, and with the Clubs interests at heart.   

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclay Boy"]To read of a loyal supporter cancelling his season ticket alarms me to the state of our club.

[/quote]

A loyal supporter wouldn''t cancel his season ticket.

[/quote]

What a load of rubbish. If somebody has money troubles and is struggling to look after their family therefore needing to cancel their season ticket, would you say they weren''t ''loyal'' just because they have put looking after their family ahead of the club. Without knowing the reasons behind people cancelling you can''t claim anybody to be unloyal or loyal.

[/quote]

He listed the reasons in his first post.
[/quote]

Sorry. I didn''t mean the OP. The way you said it made it sound like any supporter who cancels their season ticket is not a loyal supporter. In which case Isn''t true. You can comment on the OP calling him an ''unloyal supporter'' or whatever. But not every supporter who may or had cancelled their ticket.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclay Boy"]To read of a loyal supporter cancelling his season ticket alarms me to the state of our club. [/quote]A loyal supporter wouldn''t cancel his season ticket.[/quote]

What a load of rubbish. If somebody has money troubles and is struggling to look after their family therefore needing to cancel their season ticket, would you say they weren''t ''loyal'' just because they have put looking after their family ahead of the club. Without knowing the reasons behind people cancelling you can''t claim anybody to be unloyal or loyal.

[/quote]He listed the reasons in his first post.[/quote]

Sorry. I didn''t mean the OP. The way you said it made it sound like any supporter who cancels their season ticket is not a loyal supporter. In which case Isn''t true. You can comment on the OP calling him an ''unloyal supporter'' or whatever. But not every supporter who may or had cancelled their ticket.

[/quote]Sorry if you thought I was talking about every single supporter.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Wonder how many hardy souls travelled to Sheffield today?......[/quote]

The ones that could go are the lucky ones. I would love to have gone. Beats watching it on the wireless every time.

[/quote]

I must be one of the lucky ones then.....

Which explains why I and all the other '' hardy souls '' shivering in our icy seats at Bramall Lane kept congratulating each other on our foresight whilst pouring our withering scorn on all those unfortunates dumb enough to stay at home in the warm.

And there was me thinking I''d need to change my message board monicker to '' Mr Stupid ''......

[quote user="glove1"]in some ways it would be good to lose the fans who are dis-interested..... the best atmospheres in recent years were late 90''s when we had 14,000 attendances and everyone there were loyal supporters.[/quote]

And many of the fans who are now becoming disinterested as you put it were also there in the early nineties including me and were part of that atmosphere.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Would be a good thing if there was a reduction in season tickets holders. The club may not think so because they wouldn''t have that guaranteed revenue "up front". But if they sold out the bigger games they would make more money selling those 5,000 seats at casual prices and then for the less attractive games they could go back to the "kids for a quid" promotions to attract  the future generations of fans. It can''t be good for anyone to have people attending out of loyalty or duty.

[/quote]Whilst i see what you''re saying and get your argument, the ONE thing i still hold on to and am proud of with our sorry club is the fact that us, the fans, continue to go and support through the most direst of circumstances. And we stand head and shoulders above all but about 12-15 clubs in this country for that fact. But if people cancel and don''t turn up etc. I feel WE will have let the club down even more that roeder and the board.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Wonder how many hardy souls travelled to Sheffield today?......[/quote]

The ones that could go are the lucky ones. I would love to have gone. Beats watching it on the wireless every time.

[/quote]

Which explains why I and all the other '' hardy souls '' shivering in our icy seats at Bramall Lane kept congratulating each other on our foresight whilst pouring our withering scorn on all those unfortunates dumb enough to stay at home in the warm.

And there was me thinking I''d need to change my message board monicker to '' Mr Stupid ''......

[/quote]

I seriously don''t get this post. But just in case you are in any doubt I would have loved to have been shivering in my seat at Bramall Lane today rather than watching it on the wireless in the warm. Like with the tickets - if you don''t want to go then don''t go.

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Would be a good thing if there was a reduction in season tickets holders. The club may not think so because they wouldn''t have that guaranteed revenue "up front". But if they sold out the bigger games they would make more money selling those 5,000 seats at casual prices and then for the less attractive games they could go back to the "kids for a quid" promotions to attract  the future generations of fans. It can''t be good for anyone to have people attending out of loyalty or duty.

[/quote]

Whilst i see what you''re saying and get your argument, the ONE thing i still hold on to and am proud of with our sorry club is the fact that us, the fans, continue to go and support through the most direst of circumstances. And we stand head and shoulders above all but about 12-15 clubs in this country for that fact. But if people cancel and don''t turn up etc. I feel WE will have let the club down even more that roeder and the board.
[/quote]

You can''t control what other people do Seat. It''s up to them and if they don''t want to go then why should they? Should people attend out of some sort of mis-placed loyalty where they feel it''s more important to see a full house at Carrow Road than it is to spend their money on something they enjoy? Of course not. People should be free to spend their money on what they want to spend it on. And if that isn''t a season ticket then it gives another fan the chance to have that seat if it''s what they want to spend their money on. If the seat stays empty then the club have got something to think about.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclay Boy"]To read of a loyal supporter cancelling his season ticket alarms me to the state of our club.

[/quote]

A loyal supporter wouldn''t cancel his season ticket.

[/quote]

Why not?

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I seriously don''t get this post. But just in case you are in any doubt I would have loved to have been shivering in my seat at Bramall Lane today rather than watching it on the wireless in the warm. Like with the tickets - if you don''t want to go then don''t go.

[/quote]

Morning Nutty.

I thought you''d have guessed my reply was meant '' tongue in cheek ''. It didn''t actually happen but you can bet your bottom dollar plenty of people in the Lower Tier of the icy Halliwells Stand were thinking much the same thoughts. It wasn''t aimed at you - apologies if you thought otherwise - or anyone in particular for that matter so perhaps it can be best put down to a feeble attempt at sarcasm by yours truly.

You''ve said that you would like to go to more games. I don''t know the reasons why you don''t as we all live different lives but I had said previously I only went yesterday as I had a door-to-door lift in good company and the ticket was only a tenner.

Once again, as I suspected, the day was enjoyable only because of the banter, the beer and the pre-match meal. Sadly the football is, at present, an irrelevance.

The disgraceful state of Norwich City Football Club is entirely the fault of the board. They have sold millions of pounds worth of talent. They have spent the revenue on restaurants. They have built relentlessly the capital value of the club to the detriment of our team. They have appointed a successionof twats to manage the team, they have driven a billlionaire away from investing in the team. We need to get them out. In a couple of months time they will be crawling after our money again. A concerted protest should be arranged, we should refrain from renewing until we have driven Smith and her cronies to their knees and forced them to take bottom dollar for our club, and not hold out for a fat profit. I am going to send the renewal forms for my several tickets back expaining my reasons why, and demanding the Cook pisses off and takes the rest of the vegetables with her, and we get football ahead of food on the agenda at Carrow Road. Snith has hurt ne with her wrecking of my beloved Norwich City... now its time to hurt her. Watch your shares plummet woman, im not backing you again.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Morning Nutty.

I thought you''d have guessed my reply was meant '' tongue in cheek ''. It didn''t actually happen but you can bet your bottom dollar plenty of people in the Lower Tier of the icy Halliwells Stand were thinking much the same thoughts. It wasn''t aimed at you - apologies if you thought otherwise - or anyone in particular for that matter so perhaps it can be best put down to a feeble attempt at sarcasm by yours truly.

You''ve said that you would like to go to more games. I don''t know the reasons why you don''t as we all live different lives but I had said previously I only went yesterday as I had a door-to-door lift in good company and the ticket was only a tenner.

Once again, as I suspected, the day was enjoyable only because of the banter, the beer and the pre-match meal. Sadly the football is, at present, an irrelevance.

[/quote]

OK my friend. I just didn''t really get the sarcasm but no offence was taken anyway[:)]

The reason I couldn''t go was because I had to work. This has happened for me more this season than most but I will still get to over half the away games. Work has to come first though.

Tell you what though.. and this isn''t sarcasm... I have never been so depressed about the team when I have been to games as I do watching it on the wireless and being with the miserable posters who watch it on here. All being well I should get to the next 3 aways and they include the annual pilgrimage to Molineux. Even that will beat staying at home!

Nigel my friend,

Can I ask you one question, how far would you see this club sink before you would be prepared to take any kind of action?

CA xx

[quote user="Prudence"]The disgraceful state of Norwich City Football Club is entirely the fault of the board. They have sold millions of pounds worth of talent. They have spent the revenue on restaurants. They have built relentlessly the capital value of the club to the detriment of our team. They have appointed a successionof twats to manage the team, they have driven a billlionaire away from investing in the team. We need to get them out. In a couple of months time they will be crawling after our money again. A concerted protest should be arranged, we should refrain from renewing until we have driven Smith and her cronies to their knees and forced them to take bottom dollar for our club, and not hold out for a fat profit. I am going to send the renewal forms for my several tickets back expaining my reasons why, and demanding the Cook pisses off and takes the rest of the vegetables with her, and we get football ahead of food on the agenda at Carrow Road. Snith has hurt ne with her wrecking of my beloved Norwich City... now its time to hurt her. Watch your shares plummet woman, im not backing you again.[/quote]

Prudence I really do think this is dreadful language and quite uncalled for. I am sure ALL the shareholders do their very best for the club and that the managers of NCFC have had have always done their best for the team and the Club. There is no point in doing otherwise.If the "food" contributes £750,000 each year to the Club why knock it? Who else, other tha Delia Smith, contribues those sort of sums year after year? Frankly if  I was Delia and you described me in the terms you have used above I would not care if you were "backing" me or not. I would rather you kept away from the Club

[quote user="cityangel"]

Nigel my friend,

Can I ask you one question, how far would you see this club sink before you would be prepared to take any kind of action?

CA xx

[/quote]

Angel.. In my life do what I believe to be right. I treat people the way I would like to be treated myself. I didn''t get involved in all that Worthy Out stuff because a lot of it was personal and unneccessary. Those that did obviously believed it to be right for them. Had I got involved I wouldn''t have been true to myself. In the end what happened has taken the club backwards. I get no comfort from pointing that out.

What do you feel was achieved by taking that action?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

Nigel my friend,

CA xx

[/quote]

Angel.. In my life do what I believe to be right. I treat people the way I would like to be treated myself. I didn''t get involved in all that Worthy Out stuff because a lot of it was personal and unneccessary. Those that did obviously believed it to be right for them. Had I got involved I wouldn''t have been true to myself. In the end what happened has taken the club backwards. I get no comfort from pointing that out.

[/quote]

You answer my question and then I''ll answer yours [:)]

[quote user="kdncfc"]I would say there could be as many as 5000 that won''t renew their season tickets this year, partly because of a shortage of cash but mainly due to people being fed up and not seeing any hope of a future improvement. If the club is taken over or significant new funds come into the club I would imagine we will come very close to selling out again. At this moment in time I have no intention of renewing mine unless something changes at boardroom level although I have felt like this for the last few seasons but decided to renew in the end.[/quote]

KD I would suggest that 5000 is a very optimistic figure. It could easily be half of the current ST holders that don''t renew (me included... I have four) which I understand would be nearer 10,000. I cant remember a time when we dont even expect to win. I was lucky enough to be invited to the Emirates yesterday and my only contact re NCFC was an occassional text from my family saying, unsurprisingly, that we were losing. Frankly I am numb to the nonsence that is going on at NCFC.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

Nigel my friend,

CA xx

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutless can''t....He probably models himself on the CE....Answer a question - by asking a question....Nutless is not dissimilar himself to our CE, a miserable firm critic of the miserable club ''critics'' and holds the ''concerned Carra critics'' - with some kind of disloyal abhorrent and abject disgust.....I think some board hatin'' joy-rider in a stolen steamroller, has flattened Nutless Nigella''s organic allotment - including his shed containing a shrine to the Club''s supposed savoury saviour ''Deals no Deals''.....and now - he''s lost the ''plot''....Nutless Gutless, also probably thinks that the folk at the helm at Carra hold him with some kind of high esteem - because of his unyielding and unwavering loyalty to them, and most commendable (to them) fear of change attitude......Nutless the Gutless, with a few flip-flop wearin'' stub-toed foot-soldiers, are on a personal crusade against the Carra critics, (especially those irritating and anal accountant types) But, the Butt-kiss board battalion are now fighting a losing battle, because his and their belligerent bellowing battle crying - (against those that don''t concur or hold his and their beliefs)......is now floundering and heading for defeat...Oh yes...oh yes.  

It was the board that gave him an ultimatum and then who sacked Worthington in the end - and not the miserable (but concerned) critical support. The ''Worthy out movement'' were just a malignant minority...remember? ....It was also the current board that give him his paltry purse to purchase players....but, our Nutless doesn''t direct his flip-floppin'' tirade or condemnation toward (and at) the true catalysts of Carrow''s collapse....He blames the ''concerned Carra critics''.....Because the club''s Directionless are beyond criticism.....But those of us who are concerned - and do criticise them....aren''t.....beyond criticism.   

[quote user="Graham Paddon''s Beard"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]I would say there could be as many as 5000 that won''t renew their season tickets this year, partly because of a shortage of cash but mainly due to people being fed up and not seeing any hope of a future improvement. If the club is taken over or significant new funds come into the club I would imagine we will come very close to selling out again. At this moment in time I have no intention of renewing mine unless something changes at boardroom level although I have felt like this for the last few seasons but decided to renew in the end.[/quote/]

KD I would suggest that 5000 is a very optimistic figure. It could easily be half of the current ST holders that don''t renew (me included... I have four) which I understand would be nearer 10,000. I cant remember a time when we dont even expect to win. I was lucky enough to be invited to the Emirates yesterday and my only contact re NCFC was an occassional text from my family saying, unsurprisingly, that we were losing. Frankly I am numb to the nonsence that is going on at NCFC.

[/quote]

You may well be right GPB, I have spoken to plenty of people both at games and elsewhere who say that they are not going to renew this time and many of them have several tickets like your good self. There are certainly a lot of people who have had enough but when push comes to shove I''m sure some of them will renew as it''s a very hard habit to break. I love this club and if anyone would have said to me 5 years ago that I''d be seriously considering giving up my season ticket I''d have laughed in their face, but having missed the Forest game through illness and not feeling anywhere near as bad as if I''d been there to witness yet another poor performance I really do think that for the first time in 36 years that I could well become a casual fan next season unless something changes.

Nigel my friend,

CA xx

[/quote]

[/quote]

No Offence NN but you sound like Neil Donny''s E-mail replies. Answer the question without a Question mate.

[quote user="Matt"]If Roeder is still in charge when it comes to renewing my season ticket I shall not renew.[/quote]

I know many who feel like this.

The way that Glen Roeder has behaved i beilieve is the main reason why so many fans are becoming so despondant. There is no sense of it being our club anymore, Roeder has treated the fans with contempt, and by changing ''everything bar the light bulbs'' as someone earlier said he has ripped the heart out of club; bringing in loans which arent ours. If we were struggling; but felt the manager was truthful and worth respecting than many would still see something in going. Unfortunately, there is no excitement of watching us struggle with other clubs players. If we were in the same position, but had given some youngsters in the acdemy, like the likes of renton a chance, i know for sure mnay fans would see something worth supporting. The current regime gives us very little to identify with; and very little to get excited about. I have a season ticket this season; despite playing football myself on a saturday; but will have to give serious thought as to weather forking out £300 or more is actually worth it. I will always support Norwich, but throwing money and something i dont believe in has to be questioned!

Nigel my friend,

CA xx

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on NN this is straight from the Donny/cambell school of spin. Answer a question with a question.[|-)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

Nigel my friend,

CA xx

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well there you go Angel.. Mello has answered it for me. He reminds me of my mother-in-law in that what he don’t know ‘int worth knowing. For what it’s worth it wasn’t the sacking of Nigel Worthington that I was so against. It was the nasty personal stuff that had no factual basis whatsoever that was used by timid spineless critics from behind their keyboards. And that’s as far as timid spineless mello will go you know. Just sniping from behind that keyboard. Always being right but having the option of changing his views as his hindsight outdates the views he used to have. The Keyboard Kate of the City Stand this message boards own Cathedral mouse - small and insignificant who always knows best but never does anything about it.

To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice.

But he served his country you know [:|]

Now if I may answer your question. It would take belief that the board were dishonest and could have done more before I would take any kind of action against them. When I see people doing their best and being prepared to back that with their own money I believe they deserve my support.

As far as Roeder goes it''s my opinion that there''s no future in continually changing the manager. I don''t like some of the decisions he has made and he is more inconsistent than his team. But I don''t see where changing him now would help us. I would trust him with this transfer window and hope he can pull another rabbit out of the hat. Don''t forget he got us Evans twice and then Lita. I think he is our best chance of getting someone for this January. If he doesn''t manage to get anyone and there''s no sign of him turning it around then as a last resort we could change the manager and pray. But that would be a reral shot in the dark but desperate times would require desperate measures.

Now Angel, how far would you let the club sink before you take any action and what do you feel has been gained since Worthy was sacked?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

Nigel my friend,

CA xx

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well there you go Angel.. Mello has answered it for me. He reminds me of my mother-in-law in that what he don’t know ‘int worth knowing. For what it’s worth it wasn’t the sacking of Nigel Worthington that I was so against. It was the nasty personal stuff that had no factual basis whatsoever that was used by timid spineless critics from behind their keyboards. And that’s as far as timid spineless mello will go you know. Just sniping from behind that keyboard. Always being right but having the option of changing his views as his hindsight outdates the views he used to have. The Keyboard Kate of the City Stand this message boards own Cathedral mouse - small and insignificant who always knows best but never does anything about it.

To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice.

But he served his country you know [:|]

Now if I may answer your question. It would take belief that the board were dishonest and could have done more before I would take any kind of action against them. When I see people doing their best and being prepared to back that with their own money I believe they deserve my support.

As far as Roeder goes it''s my opinion that there''s no future in continually changing the manager. I don''t like some of the decisions he has made and he is more inconsistent than his team. But I don''t see where changing him now would help us. I would trust him with this transfer window and hope he can pull another rabbit out of the hat. Don''t forget he got us Evans twice and then Lita. I think he is our best chance of getting someone for this January. If he doesn''t manage to get anyone and there''s no sign of him turning it around then as a last resort we could change the manager and pray. But that would be a reral shot in the dark but desperate times would require desperate measures.

Now Angel, how far would you let the club sink before you take any action and what do you feel has been gained since Worthy was sacked?

[/quote]

Nutty, you must move on with all this Worthy stuff, he had run out of ideas and the club was in need of a change, he had to go,the board then got the choice of manager totally wrong with Grant, Roeder was brought in and he has now dragged us further into the poop and he must be replaced to give us a small chance of staying up, leaving Roeder in charge and keeping my fingers crossed is not the best choice of action to help the club move forward!

[quote user="PhatCanary"][

Nutty, you must move on with all this Worthy stuff, he had run out of ideas and the club was in need of a change, he had to go,the board then got the choice of manager totally wrong with Grant, Roeder was brought in and he has now dragged us further into the poop and he must be replaced to give us a small chance of staying up, leaving Roeder in charge and keeping my fingers crossed is not the best choice of action to help the club move forward!

[/quote]

He hadn''t run out of ideas about where the goals would come from. He left a legacy of Huckerby, Earnshaw and Dublin. All big players giving him everything to the end.