Sign in to follow this  
storeman

Cancelling my season ticket

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Wonder how many hardy souls travelled to Sheffield today?......[/quote]

The ones that could go are the lucky ones. I would love to have gone. Beats watching it on the wireless every time.

I shall pick and choose. Like I said, I am and always will be a life long fan, its in your blood but I just want to make a point over the way things have gone.

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]To read of a loyal supporter cancelling his season ticket alarms me to the state of our club. It must be harrowing for you to watch the last season and a half after witnessing a League Cup triumph, finishing 3rd in the Premier League, beating Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup, reaching the play-off final, winning the first division and beating Manchester United.Worryingly, I can''t see the way forward. Roeder has only made so many loan signings because the club has no money to spend on transfers. I believe we will stay up this season under Roeder, and don''t see what sacking him will do, no other manager would be able to do any better at this time.I have a season ticket myself, and would renew it even if we found ourselves in the third division.[/quote]

By definition a "loyal" supporter would not give up his season ticket just because of some poor results. Just attention seeking. It''ll do us much more good to stick by the club rather than throwing toys out of the pram.

[/quote]Well I have given mine up and will only renew when Smith goes,nothing to do with the way the team are playing it''s about how the club is run.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Wonder how many hardy souls travelled to Sheffield today?......[/quote]

The ones that could go are the lucky ones. I would love to have gone. Beats watching it on the wireless every time.

[/quote]

I wonder how many hardy soul lucky ones there are - that are lucky enough to have travelled to Sheffield - which beats watching it on the wireless like us unlucky everytimers?

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]To read of a loyal supporter cancelling his season ticket alarms me to the state of our club. It must be harrowing for you to watch the last season and a half after witnessing a League Cup triumph, finishing 3rd in the Premier League, beating Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup, reaching the play-off final, winning the first division and beating Manchester United.

Worryingly, I can''t see the way forward. Roeder has only made so many loan signings because the club has no money to spend on transfers. I believe we will stay up this season under Roeder, and don''t see what sacking him will do, no other manager would be able to do any better at this time.

I have a season ticket myself, and would renew it even if we found ourselves in the third division.
[/quote]

By definition a "loyal" supporter would not give up his season ticket just because of some poor results. Just attention seeking. It''ll do us much more good to stick by the club rather than throwing toys out of the pram.

[/quote]

I think most of us can accept there will be poor results but there has been far to many poor results in the last few years, when you have people like myself who are not renewing their season tickets after following the club for well over 30 years somethng is seriously wrong. I will always be a supporter but when things have got so bad that going to games affects your family because you are in such a foul mood after attending yet another defeat you have to question whether it''s worth the hassle. The fact is that because I''m so passionate about NCFC it hurts like hell to see what a state the club is in and if it means staying away from games for a while until things change then so be it.

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]To read of a loyal supporter cancelling his season ticket alarms me to the state of our club. [/quote]A loyal supporter wouldn''t cancel his season ticket.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclay Boy"]To read of a loyal supporter cancelling his season ticket alarms me to the state of our club.

[/quote]

A loyal supporter wouldn''t cancel his season ticket.

[/quote]

Surely, a loyal supporter wouldn''t be posting on this forum either...the loyal supporter would be at Sheffield loyally supporting the team?[:|]

Unless, they''re not that loyal?....And, it is rather nice and cosy at home - being critical toward all and everyone - and bangin'' out one''s personal opinions in cyberspace....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclay Boy"]To read of a loyal supporter cancelling his season ticket alarms me to the state of our club. [/quote]A loyal supporter wouldn''t cancel his season ticket.[/quote]

Surely, a loyal supporter wouldn''t be posting on this forum either...the loyal supporter would be at Sheffield loyally supporting the team?[:|]

Unless, they''re not that loyal?....And, it is rather nice and cosy at home - being critical toward all and everyone - and bangin'' out one''s personal opinions in cyberspace....

[/quote]Sticks and stones and pots and kettles, my pair of underpants.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclay Boy"]To read of a loyal supporter cancelling his season ticket alarms me to the state of our club.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely spot on.  IMO it is absolutely when times are tough that the club needs its supporters to help them along, not desert them like rats leaving a sinking ship. 

I''m sure most of us would love to go to each and every game, win lose or draw.  As it is, it it''s as much as I can do to get to most home games, but would and will go to many more if my 4 and 2 year-olds show any interest at all (they, and the fact that I live 150 miles away, being the reasons why I have to pick and choose my games!). 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sticks and stones and pots and kettles, my pair of underpants.

[/quote]

Feather duster swords and powder puff bombs full of scented talc, my holed socks. 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely spot on.  IMO it is absolutely when times are tough that the club needs its supporters to help them along, not desert them like rats leaving a sinking ship. 

I''m sure most of us would love to go to each and every game, win lose or draw.  As it is, it it''s as much as I can do to get to most home games, but would and will go to many more if my 4 and 2 year-olds show any interest at all (they, and the fact that I live 150 miles away, being the reasons why I have to pick and choose my games!). 

[/quote]

Loyalty works both ways the club shows nothing to the fans, the way the club has been allowed to decline is nout short of criminal and dont start banging on about finances i aint interested.

[/quote]

[/quote]

And Lemmings jump off a cliff for no better reason too. Surely doing nothing is the loudest voice of support for more of the same?

Our board gave up on the team several years ago.  They cannot be suprised, or demand loyalty, when the fans do the same.

Great reply BB.

I too am positive we will stay up and feel changing manager now is a waste of time and money.

We simply do not have the money to compete until we get new investment. Until then we got to put up with it.

Its part of the joys of supporting a fringe club and if anybody thinks we are a top club or deserve a regular place in the premiership they need to re think.

Going back to the point about Roeder - waste of time getting rid of him cause we got no money and he is the best we can afford at the moment.

The reality is we are skint - not in trouble just skint.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Loyalty works both ways the club shows nothing to the fans, the way the club has been allowed to decline is nout short of criminal and dont start banging on about finances i aint interested.

[/quote]

Well said Ricky. The Board must realise that they have let the SUPPORTERS down and if it means boycotting games than I''d argue that its the true fan who''s prepared to make such sacrifice. Short term pain for long term gain.[Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What a load of rubbish. If somebody has money troubles and is struggling to look after their family therefore needing to cancel their season ticket, would you say they weren''t ''loyal'' just because they have put looking after their family ahead of the club. Without knowing the reasons behind people cancelling you can''t claim anybody to be unloyal or loyal.

[quote user="NorwichRat"]

Great reply BB.

I too am positive we will stay up and feel changing manager now is a waste of time and money.

We simply do not have the money to compete until we get new investment. Until then we got to put up with it.

Its part of the joys of supporting a fringe club and if anybody thinks we are a top club or deserve a regular place in the premiership they need to re think.

Going back to the point about Roeder - waste of time getting rid of him cause we got no money and he is the best we can afford at the moment.

[/quote]

Here''s a reality check mate...we are now seem amongst our supporters to be a lesser team than Peterborough and Swansea....what does that tell you?

Great reply BB.

[/quote]

Here''s a reality check mate...we are now seem amongst our supporters to be a lesser team than Peterborough and Swansea....what does that tell you?

NO NO NO NO NO!

This is the time to show REAL support and pack out Carrow Road to the rafters match after match and encourage/support/cheer our desperate team on. This way we show any potential investor that Norwich is different and its supporters are there for the long term - NOT JUST WHEN THINGS ARE GOING WELL!!!!

NO NO NO NO NO!

This is the time to show REAL support and pack out Carrow Road to the rafters match after match and encourage/support/cheer our desperate team on. This way we show any potential investor that Norwich is different and its supporters are there for the long term - NOT JUST WHEN THINGS ARE GOING WELL!!!!

[/quote]

We''ve been doing that and it seems to make no difference as the club will just tick along if we carry on doing so. Who''s to say someones not just waiting for the right time......

NO NO NO NO NO!

[/quote]

Desperate team is about right.

It''s so distressing to see the long-term fans becoming so utterly despondent about the state of things at City.   Surely someone somewhere within the club must be reading this board and realising that the feelings that are being expressed on here aren''t just the thoughts of spotty 14yr old geeks who haven''t seen the light of day for many months - these are real fans who are completely broken by City''s current performances...

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]It''s so distressing to see the long-term fans becoming so utterly despondent about the state of things at City.   Surely someone somewhere within the club must be reading this board and realising that the feelings that are being expressed on here aren''t just the thoughts of spotty 14yr old geeks who haven''t seen the light of day for many months - these are real fans who are completely broken by City''s current performances...
[/quote]

Just about sums it up for me and my better half, the club has sapped all our emotions.  We lose today and I feel nothing, first time in 40 years I feel nothing.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]It''s so distressing to see the long-term fans becoming so utterly despondent about the state of things at City.   Surely someone somewhere within the club must be reading this board and realising that the feelings that are being expressed on here aren''t just the thoughts of spotty 14yr old geeks who haven''t seen the light of day for many months - these are real fans who are completely broken by City''s current performances...
[/quote]

Just about sums it up for me and my better half, the club has sapped all our emotions.  We lose today and I feel nothing, first time in 40 years I feel nothing.

[/quote]

The folk at the rudderless helm of the sinking ship Carra, are actually hard-nosed business people.....I don''t think that they actually give a toot about the fans....unless it''s February - and approaching ''Season Ticket renewal time''.....Then, they love us all.....that''s till the cheques and monies are banked.

Enjoy!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclay Boy"]To read of a loyal supporter cancelling his season ticket alarms me to the state of our club. [/quote]A loyal supporter wouldn''t cancel his season ticket.[/quote]

What a load of rubbish. If somebody has money troubles and is struggling to look after their family therefore needing to cancel their season ticket, would you say they weren''t ''loyal'' just because they have put looking after their family ahead of the club. Without knowing the reasons behind people cancelling you can''t claim anybody to be unloyal or loyal.

[/quote]He listed the reasons in his first post.

[quote user="storeman"]

I phoned club this morning to enquire about giving in (with massive regret) my season ticket. I wont bore you with ''I''ve been going since 1979" etc etc but NCFC has and always will be a big part of my life, but I''m sick to death of the way things are going under Roeder.

Anyway, I was told to put my reasons in writing and this is what I have sent. (I didn''t even mention a certain Mr. Huckerby because I wanted to keep my blood pressure down)!

Just thought I would see if anyone else was tempted to do the same?

Dear Mr. Gough,

Re - Cancellation of Norwich City Season Ticket

It is with considerable regret that I write this letter, giving seven days notice, as laid out in your terms of agreement, to terminate my season ticket with immediate effect.

My reasons for the termination are:

• The way team affairs are being managed in relation to the numerous loan signings and the lack of opportunities given to ‘full time’ Norwich City players.  This has left me feeling despondent and I have lost confidence not only in the current set up but for the future of the team/club as well.

• The above point relates directly to this one in that I no longer wish for my hard earned money to be ploughed into something that I no longer have any faith in. I have always blindly renewed my season ticket without a second thought. I now feel that I am throwing money away on a team that is mainly borrowed, doesn’t really belong to me, and will eventually be returned to its rightful owner. I feel that I can no longer identify with this team.

• The whole match day experience is depressing. When once I could not wait to get to the ground I now feel ‘why bother’. I find myself attending out of duty because I am a season ticket holder. I have spent virtually all of my working life away in the armed forces but always kept the faith and kept my season ticket going, even when deployed abroad for 7 months of the year. I assist a very good friend of mine in running Forces2Canaries and take part in all the events and fundraising and will continue to do so, but what I cannot do is go on funding something that I no longer believe in.

[/quote]

Who cares? If you don''t like it, don''t go and spend your money on a nice holiday instead to cheer yourself up!

[quote user="beejinz"][quote user="storeman"]

I phoned club this morning to enquire about giving in (with massive regret) my season ticket. I wont bore you with ''I''ve been going since 1979" etc etc but NCFC has and always will be a big part of my life, but I''m sick to death of the way things are going under Roeder.

Anyway, I was told to put my reasons in writing and this is what I have sent. (I didn''t even mention a certain Mr. Huckerby because I wanted to keep my blood pressure down)!

Just thought I would see if anyone else was tempted to do the same?

Dear Mr. Gough,

Re - Cancellation of Norwich City Season Ticket

It is with considerable regret that I write this letter, giving seven days notice, as laid out in your terms of agreement, to terminate my season ticket with immediate effect.

My reasons for the termination are:

• The way team affairs are being managed in relation to the numerous loan signings and the lack of opportunities given to ‘full time’ Norwich City players.  This has left me feeling despondent and I have lost confidence not only in the current set up but for the future of the team/club as well.

• The above point relates directly to this one in that I no longer wish for my hard earned money to be ploughed into something that I no longer have any faith in. I have always blindly renewed my season ticket without a second thought. I now feel that I am throwing money away on a team that is mainly borrowed, doesn’t really belong to me, and will eventually be returned to its rightful owner. I feel that I can no longer identify with this team.

• The whole match day experience is depressing. When once I could not wait to get to the ground I now feel ‘why bother’. I find myself attending out of duty because I am a season ticket holder. I have spent virtually all of my working life away in the armed forces but always kept the faith and kept my season ticket going, even when deployed abroad for 7 months of the year. I assist a very good friend of mine in running Forces2Canaries and take part in all the events and fundraising and will continue to do so, but what I cannot do is go on funding something that I no longer believe in.

[/quote]

Who cares? If you don''t like it, don''t go and spend your money on a nice holiday instead to cheer yourself up!

[/quote]

If you are a  fan of NCFC you should care for the fact Fans are so disillusioned with their club they are prepared to get out until things change. Typical fan who thinks that going to the game and blindly supporting ANYTHING connected to the club is the way forward. Well mate your very mistaken.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Correct!

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]To read of a loyal supporter cancelling his season ticket alarms me to the state of our club. It must be harrowing for you to watch the last season and a half after witnessing a League Cup triumph, finishing 3rd in the Premier League, beating Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup, reaching the play-off final, winning the first division and beating Manchester United.

Worryingly, I can''t see the way forward. Roeder has only made so many loan signings because the club has no money to spend on transfers. I believe we will stay up this season under Roeder, and don''t see what sacking him will do, no other manager would be able to do any better at this time.

I have a season ticket myself, and would renew it even if we found ourselves in the third division.
[/quote]

the views of Barclay Boy are not neccesarily shared by, er, Barclay_Boy.

Glad that''s cleared up then.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Bye then.
[/quote]

Knob off.

It''s entirely his/her decision if they want to cancel their season ticket. Would I get one at the moment? F**k no, why would I want to put my money into such a depressing venture?

If you want to sit with your hands under your arse and watch all that goes on before you without taking any action, then well done, you can be apart of the club''s demise. I applaud the OP for taking some action and letting the club know how fed up most of us are.