Sign in to follow this  
storeman

Cancelling my season ticket

I phoned club this morning to enquire about giving in (with massive regret) my season ticket. I wont bore you with ''I''ve been going since 1979" etc etc but NCFC has and always will be a big part of my life, but I''m sick to death of the way things are going under Roeder.

Anyway, I was told to put my reasons in writing and this is what I have sent. (I didn''t even mention a certain Mr. Huckerby because I wanted to keep my blood pressure down)!

Just thought I would see if anyone else was tempted to do the same?

Dear Mr. Gough,

Re - Cancellation of Norwich City Season Ticket

It is with considerable regret that I write this letter, giving seven days notice, as laid out in your terms of agreement, to terminate my season ticket with immediate effect.

My reasons for the termination are:

• The way team affairs are being managed in relation to the numerous loan signings and the lack of opportunities given to ‘full time’ Norwich City players.  This has left me feeling despondent and I have lost confidence not only in the current set up but for the future of the team/club as well.

• The above point relates directly to this one in that I no longer wish for my hard earned money to be ploughed into something that I no longer have any faith in. I have always blindly renewed my season ticket without a second thought. I now feel that I am throwing money away on a team that is mainly borrowed, doesn’t really belong to me, and will eventually be returned to its rightful owner. I feel that I can no longer identify with this team.

• The whole match day experience is depressing. When once I could not wait to get to the ground I now feel ‘why bother’. I find myself attending out of duty because I am a season ticket holder. I have spent virtually all of my working life away in the armed forces but always kept the faith and kept my season ticket going, even when deployed abroad for 7 months of the year. I assist a very good friend of mine in running Forces2Canaries and take part in all the events and fundraising and will continue to do so, but what I cannot do is go on funding something that I no longer believe in.

To read of a loyal supporter cancelling his season ticket alarms me to the state of our club. It must be harrowing for you to watch the last season and a half after witnessing a League Cup triumph, finishing 3rd in the Premier League, beating Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup, reaching the play-off final, winning the first division and beating Manchester United.Worryingly, I can''t see the way forward. Roeder has only made so many loan signings because the club has no money to spend on transfers. I believe we will stay up this season under Roeder, and don''t see what sacking him will do, no other manager would be able to do any better at this time.I have a season ticket myself, and would renew it even if we found ourselves in the third division.

storeman, it''s interesting to see that the club asked you to put into writing your reasons for cancelling your season ticket. It makes me wonder if they''ve had a recent surge of cancellations and are looking at ways to stop the rot. If there have been a lot of cancellations in recent months it could just be that people are tightening their belts because of economic circumstances. Of course, if a lot of people give similar reasons to you, Glenda might find he''s on borrowed time now.

Incidentally, are you planning on not going to any more matches at all for the foreseeable future, or are you considering going to the odd match as it takes your fancy?

If croft goes,i  for one will not be renewing.Selling croft will show once and for all that we are going to be stuck at the bottom of this league for years to come.Why ever he has been allowed to get into the last 6 months of his contract is a joke and the board should be sacked for allowing this to happen

I know personally of 3 season ticket holders who have given their season tickets back.  I think the ST renewals time will prove how many fans really are sick and tired of the dross they watch and the fact there isn''t even a glimmer of hope.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]

storeman, it''s interesting to see that the club asked you to put into writing your reasons for cancelling your season ticket. It makes me wonder if they''ve had a recent surge of cancellations and are looking at ways to stop the rot. If there have been a lot of cancellations in recent months it could just be that people are tightening their belts because of economic circumstances. Of course, if a lot of people give similar reasons to you, Glenda might find he''s on borrowed time now.

Incidentally, are you planning on not going to any more matches at all for the foreseeable future, or are you considering going to the odd match as it takes your fancy?

[/quote]I don''t know, but my guess is that it could be contractual and that you have to have valid legal reasons for cancellation to be entitled to a refund?

I undeerstand your frustrations and I do indeed share them about Roeder(nowhere) and the over the hill board. But remember that people come and go and the club will still be there and so will the fans!

Despite some who reakon we haven''t got 2 pennies to rub together (we''re hard up but not as bad as some make out!) and can''t afford to sack Roeder if his record continues in much the same vein then he''ll have to go!

Something eventually will happen with the board!

I wouldn''t give Roeder the satisfaction of knowing that he was the reason I stopped going!

Roeder out!

I think club membership will prove more popular next season.....Pick an'' choosin'' games and there will be sufficient seats available for the casuals. (And the termination of the 2008/9 season - signals the end of those who invested in a 5 year season ticket, and who will more than likely not renew another).... 

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Phil E Stein"]

[/quote]

I don''t know, but my guess is that it could be contractual and that you have to have valid legal reasons for cancellation to be entitled to a refund?
[/quote]

Good point, Badger.

I would say there could be as many as 5000 that won''t renew their season tickets this year, partly because of a shortage of cash but mainly due to people being fed up and not seeing any hope of a future improvement. If the club is taken over or significant new funds come into the club I would imagine we will come very close to selling out again. At this moment in time I have no intention of renewing mine unless something changes at boardroom level although I have felt like this for the last few seasons but decided to renew in the end.

Although I have no intention of cancelling my current season ticket, I am having more than second thoughts about renewing for next season - like you, I have had a season ticket since 1979.  My reasons for renewal are basically the same as yours.  Having started watching City in 1964, the whole thing has gone full circle and the club is in a similar situation (if not a lot worse) than when I saw my first match all those years ago.

If we survive this year I can''t see more than 16,000 season tickets next season, if we go down that will drop even further.

Anyone heard how many tickets have been sold for the Cup replay on Tuesday night?

Would be a good thing if there was a reduction in season tickets holders. The club may not think so because they wouldn''t have that guaranteed revenue "up front". But if they sold out the bigger games they would make more money selling those 5,000 seats at casual prices and then for the less attractive games they could go back to the "kids for a quid" promotions to attract  the future generations of fans. It can''t be good for anyone to have people attending out of loyalty or duty.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Got my seat and next door for my mate in the Barclay lower today, so I''d imagine the game won''t be a best seller!

Roederout!

[/quote]

Will be interesting to see whether we do better than Charlton. Their fans bought just over 9,000 tickets.

[quote user="cityangel"]

If we survive this year I can''t see more than 16,000 season tickets next season, if we go down that will drop even further.

Anyone heard how many tickets have been sold for the Cup replay on Tuesday night?

[/quote]

I heard that 5000 had been sold as of yesterday, if true we could be looking at a crowd of less than 10k.

Just thought I would see if anyone else was tempted to do the same?Absolutely not, been a season ticket holder for thirty years, seen good times seen bad times and we''ll see more of each

[quote user="foggo7"]Just thought I would see if anyone else was tempted to do the same?

Absolutely not, been a season ticket holder for thirty years, seen good times seen bad times and we''ll see more of each
[/quote]

I''ve seen plenty of ups and downs too since I first rolled up to CR in January 1967.

But however bad things were there was always hope.  Now there''s isn''t any hope at all.  No light at the end of the tunnel.  Nothing.

It''s lack of desire that''s killing this club, not lack of money.

"We can''t compete" really means "We don''t want to compete".  Competition is the lifeblood of football.  If a club has no desire to compete it might as well not exist.

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="foggo7"]Just thought I would see if anyone else was tempted to do the same?

Absolutely not, been a season ticket holder for thirty years, seen good times seen bad times and we''ll see more of each
[/quote]I''ve seen plenty of ups and downs too since I first rolled up to CR in January 1967.

But however bad things were there was always hope.  Now there''s isn''t any hope at all.  No light at the end of the tunnel.  Nothing.

"We can''t compete" really means "We don''t want to compete".  Competition is the lifeblood of football.  If a club has no desire to compete it might as well not exist.[/quote]

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED!

[quote user="foggo7"]Just thought I would see if anyone else was tempted to do the same?

[/quote]you keep thowing your hard earned money away.the club dont care they have your money.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="foggo7"]Just thought I would see if anyone else was tempted to do the same?

[/quote]I''ve seen plenty of ups and downs too since I first rolled up to CR in January 1967.

"We can''t compete" really means "We don''t want to compete".  Competition is the lifeblood of football.  If a club has no desire to compete it might as well not exist.[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve missed that Lapps.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

"We can''t compete" really means "We don''t want to compete".  Competition is the lifeblood of football.  If a club has no desire to compete it might as well not exist.

[/quote]We''re all frustrated, but do you honestly believe that the club doesn''t want to compete...?Somehow, your signature seems ironic.

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="foggo7"]Just thought I would see if anyone else was tempted to do the same?

[/quote]

I''ve missed that Lapps.

[/quote][;)]

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]To read of a loyal supporter cancelling his season ticket alarms me to the state of our club. It must be harrowing for you to watch the last season and a half after witnessing a League Cup triumph, finishing 3rd in the Premier League, beating Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup, reaching the play-off final, winning the first division and beating Manchester United.

Worryingly, I can''t see the way forward. Roeder has only made so many loan signings because the club has no money to spend on transfers. I believe we will stay up this season under Roeder, and don''t see what sacking him will do, no other manager would be able to do any better at this time.

I have a season ticket myself, and would renew it even if we found ourselves in the third division.
[/quote]

By definition a "loyal" supporter would not give up his season ticket just because of some poor results. Just attention seeking. It''ll do us much more good to stick by the club rather than throwing toys out of the pram.