Sign in to follow this  
Scole Canary

Last 41 League Games

I was at a bit of a loose end this morning after another match postponement so I decided to work out our league record since the 13 league match unbeaten run ended in February last season.  Here goes:

OVERALL

P   W   D  L    F   A   PTS  GD

41  11  6  24  49  65  39    -16

HOME

P   W   D   L   F   A     PTS  GD

20  9    3    8   34  24   30   +10

AWAY

P   W   D   L    F    A     PTS  GD

21  2    3   16   15  41     9     -26

Those of you that travel away regularly have my deepest utmost respect.

[quote user="Scole Canary"]

I was at a bit of a loose end this morning after another match postponement so I decided to work out our league record since the 13 league match unbeaten run ended in February last season.  Here goes:

OVERALL

HOME

AWAY

[/quote]

Good work. 

It would be nice to think that the people running the club are taking the same time and trouble to analyse the performance of the man they appointed to manage City.  I very much doubt that, but at least the league table is now showing them exactly where we are and surely can''t be ignored for much longer.

Of course, if you live on planet Glenn and take out all the games where "It''s quite unbelievable that we didn''t get something from the game." Add the games where the ref has cost us the points. Plus the latest scenario where even the referee says we at deserved at least a point, then  I guess everything is still rosey at Carrow Road.

The fact is that Roeder would by now be out of a job at any other club.  He''s been given time, and although obviously not huge, he had a budget comparible to many sides above us.  If he has any respect for his employers or the supporters of this club he will walk soon enough to give a new man a chance to avoid relegation with the same dignity that Peter Grant did.

Unfortunately, dignity and respect don''t appear to be in Roeder''s character, so it''s over to the board....... 

Peter Grant''s record at Norwich: Played 54; Won 18; Drawn 12; Lost 24. Assuming they''re all league games (which they''re not but for the sake of the comparison bear with me) that''s 1.22 pts per game.

Glenn Roeder''s record at Norwich before today: Played 60; Won 20; Drawn 14: Lost 26. That''s 1.23 pts per game assuming the same as above.

Roeder''s record is no better than Grant''s. Grant was rightly sacked. Roeder should be sacked tonight. Enough is enough.

Well said! everything is ok though because remember Glenn Roeder said that relegation is not a issue, maybe it''ll be a issue next season in league 1 glenn!

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

Peter Grant''s record at Norwich: Played 54; Won 18; Drawn 12; Lost 24. Assuming they''re all league games (which they''re not but for the sake of the comparison bear with me) that''s 1.22 pts per game.

Glenn Roeder''s record at Norwich before today: Played 60; Won 20; Drawn 14: Lost 26. That''s 1.23 pts per game assuming the same as above.

Roeder''s record is no better than Grant''s. Grant was rightly sacked. Roeder should be sacked tonight. Enough is enough.

[/quote]

Big difference though... Roeder took over Grants team.. Grant took over Worthy''s.

I just worked out that if you analyse Roeder''s record not counting the games we took points from he has P26 W0 D0 L26. That''s no points per game so sack him and let him burn in hell.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

Big difference though... Roeder took over Grants team.. Grant took over Worthy''s.

I just worked out that if you analyse Roeder''s record not counting the games we took points from he has P26 W0 D0 L26. That''s no points per game so sack him and let him burn in hell.

[/quote]

Yeah, and Worthy took over Hamilton''s....There is a big difference, a year later we weren''t in the same s**t though.

[quote user="AVIVADIVA"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, and Worthy took over Hamilton''s....There is a big difference, a year later we weren''t in the same s**t though.

[/quote]

I take your point but it was different times. Worthy didn''t have transfer windows to contend with.

[quote user="AVIVADIVA"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on AVIVADIVA.

The problem with Nutty Nigel is that he is a complete board apologist. He is without a doubt one (of a number) of fans who are resistent to change, and will put up any number of strawman arguements to defend the status quo as his reply to mine demonstrates. I do not know his motivation for doing so, but he does it everyday without fail posting continual support for a board and management which are beyond the pale. This club is sinking and sinking fast. Change is required. The facts do not lie. Glenn Roeder is doing an appalling job. Roeder''s track record over his whole managerial career at every club he has managed is POOR. At every club. Why Nutty Nigel supports Roeder is beyond my comprehension. No doubt he''ll say "he''s had no money", or as above, "he inherited a rubbish team". But as AVIVADIVA pointed out, the latter argument has been demolished. Good managers turn things around and sustain the turn around - just as Worthington did. Roeder has not. As for the "no money" argument - this is not true. He''s spent money bringing in players - the question is are they good enough? Evidence suggests not. And he has failed to bring in quality strikers. Next I expect Nutty to say "well who would you bring in as a replacement?" I say this is another pointless question. If we sacked Roeder tomorrow, we would be flooded with applications. We are one of the top 30 clubs in England. There are plenty of managers out there who would give their right leg for a shot at this job. And there are plenty of good managers doing well with no money (Grayson who has just left Blackpool for Leeds - we missed out there) - in fact there are a large number of Championship sides with lower budgets far out performing us this season. Some don''t even get half the support we get. Money is being wasted - overpaying vastly underperforming players. They are either not worth their money, or they are not being motivated by Roeder. Either way, I simply cannot see how we can continue backing Roeder.

A new manager would freshen things up. Give the players motivation to impress him. We, I am certain, would have a mini revival. And if we get him in quickly, could get a new striker in before the end of January. Roeder must go. Without question. Or is it the case, as I have posted elsewhere, that the club won''t sack Roder as the cost of doing so to the club would be greater than getting relegated with Roeder at the helm and losing our Championship revenue next season? If that is the case, the people who negotiated Roeder''s contract need to get a new job, as they are simply not up to the task. We must beat the drop.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="AVIVADIVA"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on AVIVADIVA.

The problem with Nutty Nigel is that he is a complete board apologist. He is without a doubt one (of a number) of fans who are resistent to change, and will put up any number of strawman arguements to defend the status quo as his reply to mine demonstrates. I do not know his motivation for doing so, but he does it everyday without fail posting continual support for a board and management which are beyond the pale. This club is sinking and sinking fast. Change is required. The facts do not lie. Glenn Roeder is doing an appalling job. Roeder''s track record over his whole managerial career at every club he has managed is POOR. At every club. Why Nutty Nigel supports Roeder is beyond my comprehension. No doubt he''ll say "he''s had no money", or as above, "he inherited a rubbish team". But as AVIVADIVA pointed out, the latter argument has been demolished. Good managers turn things around and sustain the turn around - just as Worthington did. Roeder has not. As for the "no money" argument - this is not true. He''s spent money bringing in players - the question is are they good enough? Evidence suggests not. And he has failed to bring in quality strikers. Next I expect Nutty to say "well who would you bring in as a replacement?" I say this is another pointless question. If we sacked Roeder tomorrow, we would be flooded with applications. We are one of the top 30 clubs in England. There are plenty of managers out there who would give their right leg for a shot at this job. And there are plenty of good managers doing well with no money (Grayson who has just left Blackpool for Leeds - we missed out there) - in fact there are a large number of Championship sides with lower budgets far out performing us this season. Some don''t even get half the support we get. Money is being wasted - overpaying vastly underperforming players. They are either not worth their money, or they are not being motivated by Roeder. Either way, I simply cannot see how we can continue backing Roeder.

A new manager would freshen things up. Give the players motivation to impress him. We, I am certain, would have a mini revival. And if we get him in quickly, could get a new striker in before the end of January. Roeder must go. Without question. Or is it the case, as I have posted elsewhere, that the club won''t sack Roder as the cost of doing so to the club would be greater than getting relegated with Roeder at the helm and losing our Championship revenue next season? If that is the case, the people who negotiated Roeder''s contract need to get a new job, as they are simply not up to the task. We must beat the drop.

[/quote]

What was the point of this post Poirot?

An amazing tirade at my character and making assumptions of what I may answer to your points. If you can''t see the changes between 2000 and 2008 then you have a very blinkered and prejudiced outlook toward the problems our club faces. Now I don''t mind debating football on here but I''m also quite happy to exchange insults if that''s your bag.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="AVIVADIVA"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on AVIVADIVA.

[/quote]

wrong, wrong, wrong I am afraid, he may not be very good but he has been given a pittance to spend and a whole new team required. this season, and the results are there for all to see. change Roeder now and you will be screaming for the next poor sucker to go in 12 months. You need money to survive in football today, and nobody at the present time is prepared to spend it, where it matters at NCFC, on players. despite having a full house every home game, we seem to be the poorest team in this league, and no doubt will struggle to compete financially with the "big clubs" in Div 1 next year.

Over that 41 game period, we averaged 0.95 points a game, meaning that if, for arguements sake, we continued that points averaged for 46 games, we would have 44 points.

44 points from 46 games, last season, would have seen us finish 23rd, between Scunthorpe and Colchester.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="AVIVADIVA"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on AVIVADIVA.

[/quote]

An amazing tirade at my character and making assumptions of what I may answer to your points. If you can''t see the changes between 2000 and 2008 then you have a very blinkered and prejudiced outlook toward the problems our club faces. Now I don''t mind debating football on here but I''m also quite happy to exchange insults if that''s your bag.

[/quote]

I think your bag is in dire need of emptying.....and your Mother in law thinks so too...[:D]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="AVIVADIVA"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on AVIVADIVA.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think your bag is in dire need of emptying.....and your Mother in law thinks so too...[:D]

[/quote]

I think your bag clashes with your frock... and your CO thinks so too [:D]

[quote user="AVIVADIVA"][quote user="Scole Canary"]

OVERALL

HOME

AWAY

[/quote]

Good work. 

It would be nice to think that the people running the club are taking the same time and trouble to analyse the performance of the man they appointed to manage City.  I very much doubt that, but at least the league table is now showing them exactly where we are and surely can''t be ignored for much longer.

Of course, if you live on planet Glenn and take out all the games where "It''s quite unbelievable that we didn''t get something from the game." Add the games where the ref has cost us the points. Plus the latest scenario where even the referee says we at deserved at least a point, then  I guess everything is still rosey at Carrow Road.

The fact is that Roeder would by now be out of a job at any other club.  He''s been given time, and although obviously not huge, he had a budget comparible to many sides above us.  If he has any respect for his employers or the supporters of this club he will walk soon enough to give a new man a chance to avoid relegation with the same dignity that Peter Grant did.

Unfortunately, dignity and respect don''t appear to be in Roeder''s character, so it''s over to the board....... 

[/quote]

Agreed, as soon as the people in charge of the club realise that football is a results based sport then things should take care of themselves, no one sits 2 or 3 years later looking at league tables thinking "we were unlucky in that game".

15 defeats from first 27 games is lamentable at best.

[quote user="AVIVADIVA"][quote user="Scole Canary"]

OVERALL

HOME

AWAY

[/quote]

Good work. 

[/quote]

Absobloodylutely!

Time to act board before we''re took back 50 years!

RoederOUT!

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="AVIVADIVA"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on AVIVADIVA.

[/quote]

wrong, wrong, wrong I am afraid, he may not be very good but he has been given a pittance to spend and a whole new team required. this season, and the results are there for all to see. change Roeder now and you will be screaming for the next poor sucker to go in 12 months. You need money to survive in football today, and nobody at the present time is prepared to spend it, where it matters at NCFC, on players. despite having a full house every home game, we seem to be the poorest team in this league, and no doubt will struggle to compete financially with the "big clubs" in Div 1 next year.

[/quote]But Roeder didn''t have to release Huckerby, sell Brown sell Strihavka sell Shackell sell Lewis refuse to play Lappin, loan out Martin Spillane and Cureton, waste money on Gibbs, Henry, Henville Koroma & Sibierski

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

No he wasn''t, he did the honorable and resigned. 

[quote user="Titanic"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

No he wasn''t, he did the honorable and resigned. 

[/quote]after a good chat and a few quid in his pocket, hopefully they''re having the same conversation with Roeder now!

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="AVIVADIVA"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on AVIVADIVA.

[/quote]

[/quote]But Roeder didn''t have to release Huckerby, sell Brown sell Strihavka sell Shackell sell Lewis refuse to play Lappin, loan out Martin Spillane and Cureton, waste money on Gibbs, Henry, Henville Koroma & Sibierski[/quote]

End of the day Roeders been paid alot of money to make decisions and unfortunately hes getting it wrong many more times than hes getting it right!

The above decisions added together with his tactical ineptness and ability to wind everyone up the wrong way creating a bad atmosphere ultimately leading to failiure is the reasons why he should be released ASAP!

RoederOUT!

I''m Roeder fan but Worthy took over from Hamilton team yes but a team that contained - Roberts, Mcveigh, Steeno, MacKay, Fleming, Mulyrne, Holt, Kenton, Jackson, Green, Jackson - i.e. the basis of the team that won promotion to the premiership.

Roeder got no one in that category - the only players who could play in a play off threatening team are Doherty and Marshall. He''s had to effectively replace the whole Midfield, Strike force and defence with no or little money to do it.

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]

I''m Roeder fan but Worthy took over from Hamilton team yes but a team that contained - Roberts, Mcveigh, Steeno, MacKay, Fleming, Mulyrne, Holt, Kenton, Jackson, Green, Jackson - i.e. the basis of the team that won promotion to the premiership.

Roeder got no one in that category - the only players who could play in a play off threatening team are Doherty and Marshall. He''s had to effectively replace the whole Midfield, Strike force and defence with no or little money to do it.

[/quote]

Open your eyes!

Hucks was worth another contract, Lappins been left to rot when her could of played a part and Drurys been left out to play Bertrand whos not as good as him!

We''ve had more money than other clubs in this Division!

Roeders mistakes are the biggest reason for his failings!

RoederOUT!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The point that you are missing NN is that the unbeaten run was with the majority of Grants team ! Since , with the benefit of Roeders team, we have had no positive run at all !!

Roeder has had very little money to play with.

Agreed that our away form is shocking, even for Norwich''s usual standards. We would never go on a run like Nottingham Forest are now, however many games unbeaten away from home.

When was the last time we won 2 consectutive games away from home?

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="AVIVADIVA"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on AVIVADIVA.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Some fair points made about the team Worthy took over and the transfer window issue and I have to concede that even though the football was dire under Hamilton there was far more potential in the squad then.

We will obviously never know where we would be now if the finances for Roeder were substantially better but after having an open mind on his appointment I''m not alone in becoming increasingly concerned at his business in the transfer market, team selections and the resultant performances.

I may well be wrong but I think I''ve heard Neil Doncaster on the radio stating that our overall budget for this season was in the top eight in the Championship.  If this is right it means a spectacular level of under performance from the managment. 

I remember reading an article in the Observer Sport during the summer in which he was listed in the ten worst ever Premier League managers, which I thought was incredibly harsh at the time.  However, decisions such as the release of Huckerby (never mind the disrespectful way it was done), bringing in Lupoli and leaving him on the bench until he had no other option but to play him (He''s now doing it to Cort as well), and his consistent playing players out of position have left me thinking he really isn''t going to be able to turn things around for us this time.

Roeder''s  insistance on trying to bring in loaness from the Premier League rather than look for talent in the lower leagues is at best lazy and at worst unsustainable and shows no forward thinking beyond the next three months or so.  This also underlines a weakness in his ability in comparison to many managers we have had in the past.

The bottom line is that while our finances aren''t the best, they are almost certainly comparable to most of the opposition we face and certainly not bottom five of the Championship, yet we rarely look like rising above this position.  Our squad doesn''t look great on paper but is it really so much worse than teams like Preston, Burnley, Sheff Wed, Plymouth, Barnsley, Blackpool, Watford etc?

It''s a sad fact that the average timespan of a Championship manager at the current time is approx 18 months, that''s the state of football today.  What is worrying to me is that on current form if we give Roeder this amount of time it could be too late to save us from the drop.