Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Reasons to renew my season ticket... please

The reason to renew is because the year you give your ticket up will be the year things change and we start to look like a good team again,new money and new manager,then you won''t be able to get a ticket for love nor money! I have been seriously thinking about giving up our season tickets next year but i''m sure that when it comes to the crunch i just won''t be able to do it,although after another season of shi* i can see why so many are thinking long and hard about it.

The truth is there are very few reasons why you should have a season ticket. You will still be able to go along to the games you fancy if you don''t have one and decide against it if it turns out to be as crappy as this season again next time.

The reasons I''ll renew are that I enjoy the company of the people I sit near in the upper Barcley and I would have to sit in different places if I went casually and secondly I know I would end up going to most of the matches anyway and it would be much cheaper for me to buy a season ticket. Last point is that surely Roeder will be gone by next season and a new guy in will generate optomism. Hope springs eternal. 

If you don''t have a credit card you can use the season ticket to pick the lock of your house if you ever lock yourself out. (That''s assuming you have a Yale lock and assuming this technique actually works and isn''t just some guff I saw on the tele once...)

I''m not a season ticket holder only a lowly member, so only a measely £10 is involved............but I''m not renewing that if Rattys still here then, and times me by 2.000!  [:|]

The reason I will renew my season ticket is because I want to. If there really are people on here who spend hundreds of pounds on something they don''t want then you should get help. Or perhaps not. Send me your email addresses and I will start a mail order company selling stuff nobody wants.

I''m gonna be rich[Y]

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

The truth is there are very few reasons why you should have a season ticket. You will still be able to go along to the games you fancy if you don''t have one and decide against it if it turns out to be as crappy as this season again next time.

The reasons I''ll renew are that I enjoy the company of the people I sit near in the upper Barcley and I would have to sit in different places if I went casually and secondly I know I would end up going to most of the matches anyway and it would be much cheaper for me to buy a season ticket. Last point is that surely Roeder will be gone by next season and a new guy in will generate optomism. Hope springs eternal. 

[/quote]

Roeder may well be gone but whoever is the manager will have to operate under the same financial constraints as Roeder, unless the new man is a miracle worker we will go nowhere without money. If the current board are still here we won''t have any therefore it is likely it will be more of the same next season unless we are taken over.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Ironically the loyal take-up up of season tickets every year regardless of performances, seems to have done more harm than good, the guaranteed 20,000 plus every week has led to official complacency at Carrow road. Now look where we are !

[/quote]

What is even worse is that the 24000+ average attendance doesn''t even manage to cover the paybill.  I''ve for some time been wondering about our much lauded policy of having quite such a big family area and so many season ticket holders.  There is a happy medium to these things and I think we have swung far too far into the realm of gaining attendances at the price of reducing our revenue making potential.  We generate very little spare cash even though we are at near-capacity each week, which does rather beg the question of how we are going to be in a position make any more money available without undertaking more (of the much disliked) off-pitch activities.

[/quote]

I`m sorry but this post is just nonsense.  Ticket revenue has been higher than player wages in every season since relegation except the first one back down, but if you include the profits made on transfers as stated in the annual reports, ticket revenue has been about double the cost of the football team.  Doncaster states that a break-even player budget is £4m.  Well funnily enough, taking into account transfer profits, that is about what we have been spending on the team per season since relegation.

Overall income is significantly higher than before we were promoted yet we can afford to spend less on the team.  Why is this?  The clue is in your final sentence.

Ironically the loyal take-up up of season tickets every year regardless of performances, seems to have done more harm than good, the guaranteed 20,000 plus every week has led to official complacency at Carrow road. Now look where we are !

[/quote]

What is even worse is that the 24000+ average attendance doesn''t even manage to cover the paybill.  I''ve for some time been wondering about our much lauded policy of having quite such a big family area and so many season ticket holders.  There is a happy medium to these things and I think we have swung far too far into the realm of gaining attendances at the price of reducing our revenue making potential.  We generate very little spare cash even though we are at near-capacity each week, which does rather beg the question of how we are going to be in a position make any more money available without undertaking more (of the much disliked) off-pitch activities.

[/quote]

I`m sorry but this post is just nonsense.  Ticket revenue has been higher than player wages in every season since relegation except the first one back down, but if you include the profits made on transfers as stated in the annual reports, ticket revenue has been about double the cost of the football team.  Doncaster states that a break-even player budget is £4m.  Well funnily enough, taking into account transfer profits, that is about what we have been spending on the team per season since relegation.

Overall income is significantly higher than before we were promoted yet we can afford to spend less on the team.  Why is this?  The clue is in your final sentence.

[/quote]

[/quote]

1 - Pre match beers with your mates

2 - half time beers with your mates

3 - post match beers with your mates

4 - even when it''s sh1t, you know you still love it

5 - the alternative is more time with the missus, kids - it''s what Saturday PM''s are for wheter it''s good or terrible.

And trust me, if you''re in a relationship that started when you already went to every game and you stop going, that''s it - she''ll never let you sign up to another season ticket. When it''s gone, it''s gone for good

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[/quote]

Roeder may well be gone but whoever is the manager will have to operate under the same financial constraints as Roeder, unless the new man is a miracle worker we will go nowhere without money. If the current board are still here we won''t have any therefore it is likely it will be more of the same next season unless we are taken over.

[/quote]

Clubs with smaller crowds and probably smaller budgets do better than us so I still maintain that Roeder would of been crap with money (he was at Newcastle) and that a good manager who can motivate the existing squad and knows the lower Leagues to pick out bargains could be successful with Norwich!

Using our finances as an excuse for Roeders failings is a total cop out when we are being outdone by the likes of Barnsley, Plymouth, Blackpool and others!

Not sure I will be renewing mine.  Aside from the obvious distance issues of living 4,000 miles away, a poor season+economic downturn will equal a lot less season ticket holders, and the ability to buy a ticket for pretty much every game.  Sorry if that makes me a glory hunter, but I think I''m going to choose my games and I''m not going to finance poor decision making and let them get on with it. When you sign Lupoli and Koroma and elect to play Darel Russell up front, well, my patience is up Glenn.

I have no doubt that Mine will be re-newed, for what ever reason I''m not sure yet but keep telling myself it will get better,that I''m sure of, but how long it will take is something else, Not with Roeder though, I have to confess however I thought he would be the one to take us back up and on to Europe, Is there  such a manager out there, we all know there is but we also have the Authodox Tight arse in charge of the purse 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The reason I will renew my season ticket is because I want to. If there really are people on here who spend hundreds of pounds on something they don''t want then you should get help. Or perhaps not. Send me your email addresses and I will start a mail order company selling stuff nobody wants.

I''m gonna be rich[Y]

[/quote]

NN your habit of deliberatly getting the wrong end of the stick is just tiresome. I suspect you know the answers -  

People spend hundreds of pounds supporting NCFC because of -

1/ Loyalty to the club

2/ Remembrance of how good it used to be a City fan, Milk Cup win, beating Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd etc in days gone by, going to Europe albeit briefly, having players who could actually play good football - Sutton, Fox, Phillips, Eadie, Bellamy, Crook, Robbins, Culverhouse, Bowen, Malky, Polsten, Bruce, Watson, Reeves, Drinkell, Gordon, Fleck etc etc.

3/ In the hope that things will get better.

Nobody has the right to expect their team to win all the time, and most football fans expect to experience ups and downs. But this isn''t ups and downs. I have been through relegations with NCFC, and seen us lose many times, but this is different to that. The heart and sould has been ripped out of this club. There is no "team". It just does not exist. We have got a threadbare "squad" made up of mediocre journeymen, has beens, never will be''s, and players from other clubs using us as a run out to get match fit. And we are presided over by idiots who couldn''t run a market stall, let alone a football club. This really should not be the time for glib, clever comments. If you are enjoying the current football then it''s you that needs to get help.

The question is where does loyalty end and stupid blind obedience begin when dealing with season ticket renewals, or how long should we all put up with the rubbish we are being served up before voting with our feet? We are like zombies, heading down to Carrow Rd on matchday because somewhere in our minds we recall the place as somewhere where we used to go to watch football.

ps - you ain''t gonna get rich anytime soon, but if you do, spare us a few quid so that we can buy a player or two, can you please Guv?

I will probably renew in the hope that most of the boring moaners have gone, but I suspect they will still be with us, always right in their predictions, and always faultless in their judgements about ''our once great club''.   

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

there are many of you that post on this forum, with varied views and different opinions, i am asking each and every one of you to give a reason why i should renew my season ticket when i have lost all faith in management and board.  £425 is alot of money, especially in current financial affairs, to spend on an occasion that more often than not leaves me feeling hollow and depressed come quarter to five on a Saturday afternoon.

My loyalty and love for the club is enternal, but the board and management are  responsible for the success of it, and at this present time are failinig the club and fans alike miserably.

All posts will be read and appreciated, and you may assist other season tickets holders making a tough up and coming decision.

[/quote]

If you love the crap being dished up by Smith''s donkeys then renew your ticket. If you love the "club" act responsibly and starve her out by staying away.

Smith and "the club" just aren''t the same thing.......

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m gonna be rich[Y]

[/quote]

NN your habit of deliberatly getting the wrong end of the stick is just tiresome. I suspect you know the answers -  

1/ Loyalty to the club

2/ Remembrance of how good it used to be a City fan, Milk Cup win, beating Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd etc in days gone by, going to Europe albeit briefly, having players who could actually play good football - Sutton, Fox, Phillips, Eadie, Bellamy, Crook, Robbins, Culverhouse, Bowen, Malky, Polsten, Bruce, Watson, Reeves, Drinkell, Gordon, Fleck etc etc.

Nobody has the right to expect their team to win all the time, and most football fans expect to experience ups and downs. But this isn''t ups and downs. I have been through relegations with NCFC, and seen us lose many times, but this is different to that. The heart and sould has been ripped out of this club. There is no "team". It just does not exist. We have got a threadbare "squad" made up of mediocre journeymen, has beens, never will be''s, and players from other clubs using us as a run out to get match fit. And we are presided over by idiots who couldn''t run a market stall, let alone a football club. This really should not be the time for glib, clever comments. If you are enjoying the current football then it''s you that needs to get help.

The question is where does loyalty end and stupid blind obedience begin when dealing with season ticket renewals, or how long should we all put up with the rubbish we are being served up before voting with our feet? We are like zombies, heading down to Carrow Rd on matchday because somewhere in our minds we recall the place as somewhere where we used to go to watch football.

ps - you ain''t gonna get rich anytime soon, but if you do, spare us a few quid so that we can buy a player or two, can you please Guv?

[/quote]

Sorry Barclay_Boy but that doesn''t wash with me. People renew their season tickets because they want to. If fans didn''t want a season ticket they wouldn''t buy one. It''s not about loyalty or a selfless act of any kind. It''s not about investing money into the club. We buy them because we want them and most people renew at the earliest possible date for the cheapest possible price. It''s a good deal too because when I checked it out last year my ticket was cheaper than a comparable ticket at Southend. It''s all about wanting and having and nothing about loyalty. If fans are paying hundreds of pounds out of loyalty and going like a zombie out of habit then that really is blind stupidity. That''s why I find these threads so tiresome. They come up year in and year out. Half the people who post on them don''t even have season tickets.

Barclay_Boy - Do you seriously not enjoy going to Carrow Road? Do you seriously not feel your season ticket is worth the money? If you answer me that you don''t and it''s not then I respectfully suggest that if you renew again it''s you that needs to get help.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m gonna be rich[Y]

[/quote]

1/ Loyalty to the club

[/quote]

Sorry Barclay_Boy but that doesn''t wash with me. People renew their season tickets because they want to. If fans didn''t want a season ticket they wouldn''t buy one. It''s not about loyalty or a selfless act of any kind. It''s not about investing money into the club. We buy them because we want them and most people renew at the earliest possible date for the cheapest possible price. It''s a good deal too because when I checked it out last year my ticket was cheaper than a comparable ticket at Southend. It''s all about wanting and having and nothing about loyalty. If fans are paying hundreds of pounds out of loyalty and going like a zombie out of habit then that really is blind stupidity. That''s why I find these threads so tiresome. They come up year in and year out. Half the people who post on them don''t even have season tickets.

Barclay_Boy - Do you seriously not enjoy going to Carrow Road? Do you seriously not feel your season ticket is worth the money? If you answer me that you don''t and it''s not then I respectfully suggest that if you renew again it''s you that needs to get help.

[/quote]

BB, there you have a definitive lesson in how to deliberately miss the point.......[;)]

we renew our season tickets because we are not glory hunters that support man u... we support a real football club that have highs and lows.... sadly this low seems very serious!!

but never the less... I KNOW I AM, I SURE I AM, I''M CITY TIL I DIE

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

there are many of you that post on this forum, with varied views and different opinions, i am asking each and every one of you to give a reason why i should renew my season ticket when i have lost all faith in management and board.  £425 is alot of money, especially in current financial affairs, to spend on an occasion that more often than not leaves me feeling hollow and depressed come quarter to five on a Saturday afternoon.

My loyalty and love for the club is enternal, but the board and management are  responsible for the success of it, and at this present time are failinig the club and fans alike miserably.

All posts will be read and appreciated, and you may assist other season tickets holders making a tough up and coming decision.

[/quote]

Well said. I think your and others support is being taken for granted.

Personally, I''m not likely to be getting one, although a lot of that is down to work and personal circumstances.  But to not have one doesn’t mean you are disloyal, as some on this board are suggesting. I’ll still take out a membership, go to games and support the club in any case.

I think this season ticket debate is one that has only really come to the fore in recent years. For many years, I watched Norwich regularly without a season ticket and only took out a membership. Its only in the last decade that I’ve had to get a ticket because it means I would not have got in at all.  Its virtually a case of have and have-nots now - you either have one and go, or you don''t have one and stay at home (although its a bit easier to get casual tickets now and no doubt will be next season).  As someone who grew up on the terraces and never stayed in the same part of the ground anyway, I guess season tickets were just never my thing.

wow, i''m bowled over by the responses, a majority of which make valid points and accurate analysis of the current situation, i do however I totally disagree with those who mentioned the ''glory hunter'' aspect.

But reading the evening news this evening i again feel that the club is ignoring the fans who have showed their loyalty, by this i''m making reference to the sale of FA Cup replay tickets for a week tuesday, i quote "Norwich City''s long suffering fans will not be rewarded for their loyalty with even cheaper tickets for next weeks replay against Charlton Athletic".  I for one will definately be refusing the option to buy this ticket, i do appreciate the need for the club to make money, they have probably looked at the next fixture and decided that if we do play Shef Utd away in the next round that this is going to be the only money making opportunity in the FA Cup this year. 

Also in the same edition of the evening news is the story how the club went to great lengths and probably expense to get the shirts ready for the FA Cup game... did we really need them???

Well i''ll now wait for the A4 envelope to arrive from Carrow Road, see how much the price of my seat has risen and make a decision from there, i''ll keep you all posted, thanks again.

Call me a glory hunter if you like but I will not be renewing my season tickets (3) for next season if Roeder and/or the current board are still in charge.

I started going in the mid 70''s and have had a season ticket every year since about 82 buying them for my kids from the age of 5 ( I still buy one for my daughter every year even though that seat has been empty for the last 5 or 6 seasons)

I can only get to about half the home games due to work comitments but have always renewed my ticket to support the club.

No I do not enjoy going to carrow road to watch the rubbish we have endured over the last few years it makes me sick.

I will always support city and happily buy a season ticket when we have eleven players of our own playing with pride for the club and a manager worthy of my respect.

People talk about expectations being to high, but I would have always been happy with mid table in the championship and dreaming of making it to the play offs. the frightening thing now is we are almost as uncompetative in the championship as we were in the Prem. Our expectations now are so low low that one place above relegation to the 3rd division is seen as success.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

Call me a glory hunter if you like but I will not be renewing my season tickets (3) for next season if Roeder and/or the current board are still in charge.

I started going in the mid 70''s and have had a season ticket every year since about 82 buying them for my kids from the age of 5 ( I still buy one for my daughter every year even though that seat has been empty for the last 5 or 6 seasons)

I can only get to about half the home games due to work comitments but have always renewed my ticket to support the club.

No I do not enjoy going to carrow road to watch the rubbish we have endured over the last few years it makes me sick.

I will always support city and happily buy a season ticket when we have eleven players of our own playing with pride for the club and a manager worthy of my respect.

People talk about expectations being to high, but I would have always been happy with mid table in the championship and dreaming of making it to the play offs. the frightening thing now is we are almost as uncompetative in the championship as we were in the Prem. Our expectations now are so low low that one place above relegation to the 3rd division is seen as success.

[/quote]

Why would anyone call you a glory hunter. I certainly wouldn''t. Finally someone who is not full of hot air and wind who is prepared to admit they''ve had enough and do something about it.

As for me, I will be renewing in February because I still enjoy going to games. Of course I''d enjoy it more if we were better, but I still enjoy it. If I didn''t I would no way spend all that money on tickets and travel.

And for all those people who think I miss the point - the title of the thread asks for "reasons to renew my season ticket" and surely the only reason is because you want to? Is there another?

Interesting thread, but dont be fooled that we are one of the cheapest in the Championship because that is just not true.  Last season I did a bit of reaserch and us and Ipswich on early renewal were one of the most expensive.  Quite a few STs behind the goal were priced betwen £250 and £300, our and Ipswich''s oddly were £366!

I am predicting yet another small increase when the ST details are published and I think an increase after yet another relegation battle will force a fair few to give up.  I will do my research again to find out who is paying what and when.  If NCFC are miles out I indend to put this to NCFC via its pricing committee (as I do not feel that they look at others charges). 

[quote user="Ren"]

Interesting thread, but dont be fooled that we are one of the cheapest in the Championship because that is just not true.  Last season I did a bit of reaserch and us and Ipswich on early renewal were one of the most expensive.  Quite a few STs behind the goal were priced betwen £250 and £300, our and Ipswich''s oddly were £366!

I am predicting yet another small increase when the ST details are published and I think an increase after yet another relegation battle will force a fair few to give up.  I will do my research again to find out who is paying what and when.  If NCFC are miles out I indend to put this to NCFC via its pricing committee (as I do not feel that they look at others charges). 

[/quote]

I think the members of the of the NCFC appointed SCG - could probably question the season ticket prices with the Board and CE (if prices become a growing concern) and if unfortunately we are relegated and prices rise - or folk think that the current financial situation means some will struggle to pay for them.